Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

davidyoung,

The clerk of the court should have a copy of all your records in file or on the film. I'm not clear why you went to the PD to request the report.

Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

Thx.

davidyoung,

The clerk of the court should have a copy of all your records in file or on the film. I'm not clear why you went to the PD to request the report.

Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

Thx.

Thanks dv02, I got the report yesterday from the court house. I went to PD because the court did not provide it when I first got doc pertaining to the case and they had to request the file and phone when they have it, each time that I need something from it.
PD keeps the same report, but they only keep it for 5 yrs. I mailed the documents earlier today.
If anybody know how soon I will get response ,it will be appreciated.

Hi everybody,

Here is another update in my case. I just got my interview letter, and the date couldn't be better. I was crossing my fingers to get the interview before school starts and it did!!!!
With my interview letter I got a white paper informing me of the documents I need to bring to the interview, is this similar to the yellow paper everybody is talking about?

Good Luck to all of you!!!

It is not the white paper

Hi everybody,

Here is another update in my case. I just got my interview letter, and the date couldn't be better. I was crossing my fingers to get the interview before school starts and it did!!!!
With my interview letter I got a white paper informing me of the documents I need to bring to the interview, is this similar to the yellow paper everybody is talking about?

Good Luck to all of you!!!

You will get a separate yellow letter in mail with a list of documents you need to bring.

Question, in my yellow letter I have been told to bring certified copy of the birth certificate of the kids. I have the original birth certificate which says certified copy on it. Do I need to make copy of it and get it notorized or taking the original with me should be enough.

chunu123,

Taking the original will be OK. A copy which is notarized is not considered certified. So just take the original. A certified copy means a copy that comes out of the official records. The Birth issuing department doesn't issue certified copies but only originals. The price of the first original birth certificate is $12 and if you take a second copy at the same time, it's only $8.

I had my interview today and the IO didn't even ask the copy of my US born kids.

Good Luck to you.

Question, in my yellow letter I have been told to bring certified copy of the birth certificate of the kids. I have the original birth certificate which says certified copy on it. Do I need to make copy of it and get it notorized or taking the original with me should be enough.

I had my interview today and it went pretty good. The IO issued me a N652 (Naturalization Interview Result) saying "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval".

The next oath ceremony in Orlando will be in the Disney Magic Kingdom on 3rd July, 2009. Disney is offering free ticket for the N-400 successful applicant and one free guest pass and also free parking for individuals who agree to attend the oath ceremony on 3 July in Disney. The oath ceremony on every Friday has been called of till after 3 July ceremony in Disney Magic Kingdom.

The interview went pretty normal. I had to wait for an hour before I was called for the interview. The new office is very spacious and well designed.

Good Luck to all the applicants.

I had my interview today and it went pretty good. The IO issued me a N652 (Naturalization Interview Result) saying "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval".

The next oath ceremony in Orlando will be in the Disney Magic Kingdom on 3rd July, 2009. Disney is offering free ticket for the N-400 successful applicant and one free guest pass and also free parking for individuals who agree to attend the oath ceremony on 3 July in Disney. The oath ceremony on every Friday has been called of till after 3 July ceremony in Disney Magic Kingdom.

The interview went pretty normal. I had to wait for an hour before I was called for the interview. The new office is very spacious and well designed.

Wow, free tickets to Disney. Someone else mentioned they had free food and drinks at their judicial oath..USCIS must be trying hard to improve image or they extra money to spend.
Congratulations..enjoy your oath day.

Bobsymth,

Thanks for the greetings. I'm not sure if USCIS has more money to spend or Disney want to advertise. I will enjoy the free entrance for myself and a free guest ticket. But I will have to buy two more tickets for the complete family to be at Disney. Anyway I do appreciate the nice gesture from USCIS/Disney.

Thx.

Chunu123,

For some reason the IO did ask for the 2008 tax return, which I didn't have with me. I did confirm (under oath) that I had filed the tax return for 2008 and all the previous years on time.

If you have time, you may want to get a summarized copy of your 2008 tax filing. There is a IRS office in Maitland on Lake Destiny.

Thx.

Returns

Chunu123,

For some reason the IO did ask for the 2008 tax return, which I didn't have with me. I did confirm (under oath) that I had filed the tax return for 2008 and all the previous years on time.

If you have time, you may want to get a summarized copy of your 2008 tax filing. There is a IRS office in Maitland on Lake Destiny.

Thx.

Congrats Orl, you missed my earlier post. When I had my interview last week, the IO rejected Tax transcript and requested for Tax returns. I had the 2008 with me but W2 was not attached. He asked me to mail copies of Tax returns and W2 to him.

Congratulations ORL

Chunu123,

Thx.

ORL
Congratulations for your successful interview.:)
Could you please post details of your interview like civic questions, writing and reading questions and any other details?
Previous two months the oath dates were every Friday, is that the trend is changing now??
Also is the IO say a tax transcript is also fine for 2008 tax returns??

Certified birth certificate

Chunu123,
For my daughter I got two types of birth certificates. One has seal that has projected up from the paper and you can feel the projection with hand.
Second one seal is not projected up and I could not feel the seal with hand.

I believe the first one is the certified. This is my guess. In some states all original birth certificates are certified.

But over all original birth certificate may suffice the requirement.:)

Oath Letter

Hi Orl,
Did they give you oath letter right away or did they say it will come later in mail??

I was just asked by the IO if I had a copy of the tax documents. I didn't have it but I told that I had filed all the tax returns on time since I was in US. No more questions about tax were asked and I was also not requested to send any supporting tax documents.

Thx.

Congrats Orl, you missed my earlier post. When I had my interview last week, the IO rejected Tax transcript and requested for Tax returns. I had the 2008 with me but W2 was not attached. He asked me to mail copies of Tax returns and W2 to him.

Saram,

Thanks for your greetings.

Questions Asked:
1. How many amendments are there in the constitution? 27
2. Who is the current Vice President? Joe Biden
3. Which month do we vote for the President? November
4. Which territory was given from France? Louisiana
5. How many representatives are there in the congress? 435

Reading Statement: US Citizens can vote.

Writing statement: US Citizens can vote.

Oath date: The next oath date is in Magic Kingdom on 3 July. The oath on each Friday has been canceled till after the 3 July oath ceremony. If the individual agrees to take oath on 3 July, s/he gets a free pass to Disney and a free guest pass is also given with free parking.

Tax documents: As I have mentioned before, I was asked for the tax documents, which I didn't have. But I did tell the IO (under oath) that I had never missed filing tax on time.

ORL
Congratulations for your successful interview.:)
Could you please post details of your interview like civic questions, writing and reading questions and any other details?
Previous two months the oath dates were every Friday, is that the trend is changing now??
Also is the IO say a tax transcript is also fine for 2008 tax returns??

Last edited by a moderator:
When the IO told that I had passed the interview and I signed all the documents, the IO tried to print something for me but there were some technical issues with her computer. So I'm not sure if the IO was trying to print the original oath letter or just the N-652 form.

She did give me the N-652 form in the end and told that the oath letter will arrive very soon as I had agreed to 3 July oath ceremony. I will keep this forum posted, when I receive the oath letter.

Another friend of mine also has a successful interview last week and she is still waiting for his oath letter. She also accepted the 3 July oath ceremony to be held at Magic kingdom.

Thx.

Hi Orl,
Did they give you oath letter right away or did they say it will come later in mail??

Raj_cp,

Did you get the original oath letter soon after your successful interview?

Thx in advance.

Latest interviews

I remember COLA1 interview is scheduled for today.
Waiting to hear goods news from cola1:)

Interview Experience in Orlando

Hi guys,

I am soooo exited!!! I past my interview today! Here my experience:

My appointment was at 10 am this morning. I got there early (9am) together with my husband. I had to go to window #9 and gave them my interview letter. I got called for the interview at 10: 45 am. The male officer was very nice and absolutely professional . He swore me in and asked for my passport (s), driver license and Green Card. After that he had some questions in regards to my paperwork. I handed him a copy of the 2008 Tax Return. He also asked for some proof (Bank Statement) that my husband and I live together. I was kind of wondering about that because we are married for almost 13 years. Luckily I had a copy with me. (You can never have enough paperwork with USCIS). He also asked me if this was my husband he saw in the waiting room. He was very smart and his questions where very experienced. Kind of questions you might not answer right if you weren’t truthful. He also asked me if I ever hat any traffic tickets. (Which I had :eek:) I answered yes and he didn’t follow up on it. So everything was fine.

Here my test questions:
What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
What is freedom of religion?
Who is one of you State Senators now?
When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
Name one problem what led to the Civil War.
Name one state that borders to Canada.

I past all of them (hhuuuuigh)

After that I had to say and write: Washington is on our dollar bill.

The IO is very interested in History and Politics you could tell. He explained some US History to me. Then he congratulated me. He was sooo polite. He was standing up while congratulating and shook my shaky cold hand and smiled at me :):):). He asked me (like Orl) if I would like to attend the July 3rd ceremony at Disney World. He also told me that they usually have each Friday an Oath Ceremony. But it is postponed until after the “special Disney Oath Ceremony”. The next one @ their office will be July 10th. I agreed to the “Disney Oath”. I had to fill out a form for this special one. The IO told me that I will get the Oath letter and the Disney tickets, instructions… all in one letter pretty soon. He also said that we have to be there very early in the morning. Around 06:30 am. We can also apply for our passports there. He printed the N-652 Form (Naturalization Interview Results) and gave it to me.

This was by far the best USCIS experience I had. In the past I went through hell with them. My immigration journey started 1998 and is now hopefully ending July 3rd 2009.

Thanks to everybody in this Forum. And best luck to everybody!!