Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here but i've been browsing
on this page for a while now. Finally i applied my n400
and here's my timeline:

D/O : Orlando, FL
4/13/09 : N-400 Mailed to lockbox(lewisville. TX).
4/15/09 : N-400 Received.
4/15/09 : Priority date.
4/21/09 : Check Cashed.
4/27/09 : Notice Date.
4/29/09 : NOA Received
4/15/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
5/12/09 : FP Appt.
xx/xx/xx: Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx: Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Did you receive your FP appt before your NOA? I just want to know where I stand, our dates are very close and I would like to have some type of reference, Thanks

Lamona,

It's almost impossible to get FP notice within two days of mailing the N-400 packet. I think "usa_ftw" just made a typo in the FP notice date.

These days FP notices are coming with in 2-3 weeks of sending the N-400 packets. So you should have the FP notice very soon.

Thanks.

Another update in my case. Thanks orl, thats what I thought, I just want to have the info clear!!!

Roy2000,

I would like to request you to share some of the details of your interview such as what kind of documents they asked you to show...during the interview
1. Did they ask you about your driving tickets details and original disposition documents
2. Did they ask you tax transcripts for last 5 years
3. Could you able to recollect and share what questions they asked for civic, and writing and reading related

Thank you in advance!!:)

Hello Saram, Here are my answers hope you find them useful:

1. No, the IO was super nice, he just asked me whether I paid them and I said Yes. I had all receipts and certified records.. but I did not need to show them.

2. No. Nothing about Taxes. Although I had the traqnscripts with me.
btw: I got the transcripts from the loacl IRS office in Maitland. They give them to you right the way just you need to show your SS card and ID.

3. Sorry I do not remember the civic questions but they were very easy and all short answers. As far as for documents I had to show: GC, DL and Passport. In additiuon to the Interview letter.

Good luck everybody!!

That is awesome. Congratulations.

Let us know how's the oath experience.

Thanks USA_FTW! I had my Oath done today and it was great and quick. They are doing it at the orlando DO office now, I believe every Friday. The appointment was at 8 in the morning. You need to take your Oath letter and GC. They take the GC from you before they begin the ceremony. The whole thing took 1.5 Hrs. Right after you take your Nat. certificate you can apply to the passport in the waiting room outside. You need to have two photos and $101.50 in cash or check. Expedited will be about double the price. They will take a copy for your Nat. certificate so do not worry about it. They also take photos for you if you do not have them. Applyting for the passport could take up to 2 hours, so make sure that you take a number before you enter to the ceremony room.

My best wishes to all Orlando filers!!

Thanks USA_FTW! I had my Oath done today and it was great and quick. They are doing it at the orlando DO office now, I believe every Friday. The appointment was at 8 in the morning. You need to take your Oath letter and GC. They take the GC from you before they begin the ceremony. The whole thing took 1.5 Hrs. Right after you take your Nat. certificate you can apply to the passport in the waiting room outside. You need to have two photos and $101.50 in cash or check. Expedited will be about double the price. They will take a copy for your Nat. certificate so do not worry about it. They also take photos for you if you do not have them. Applyting for the passport could take up to 2 hours, so make sure that you take a number before you enter to the ceremony room.

My best wishes to all Orlando filers!!

Congratulations again. I heard there are 2 offices now, where did you go
for the oath? is it the office on tradeport dr?

Did you get your passport right away? I thought it's only $75 for passport
if your applying to the county clerk? What's the difference the $75 and
$100 pasport? I'm confused.

Thank you very much

Hello Saram, Here are my answers hope you find them useful:

1. No, the IO was super nice, he just asked me whether I paid them and I said Yes. I had all receipts and certified records.. but I did not need to show them.

2. No. Nothing about Taxes. Although I had the traqnscripts with me.
btw: I got the transcripts from the loacl IRS office in Maitland. They give them to you right the way just you need to show your SS card and ID.

3. Sorry I do not remember the civic questions but they were very easy and all short answers. As far as for documents I had to show: GC, DL and Passport. In additiuon to the Interview letter.

Good luck everybody!!

Roy2000, Thank you very much for the answeres. I also had mentioned my tickets in the application like you did.

Once again congratulations about your oath cermony.
I would like to request you to update the forum when you receive your passport.
with best wishes
:):)

Interview Letter received today

I received my interview letter today.
Interview will be on 07/22/2009.
It mentioned to bring all original documents for those document copies I submitted with the application.:)

Roy2000
Once again Happy to hear about your oath cermony details and Thank you for informing about IRS in Maitland.:):)

I and my wife both had our interview today and both our applications were approved -- I took a lot of documents but they did not ask for any of them. They didn't even look at our passport and green card -- they offered us a date for this Friday for oath and we accepted -- will be taking oath on Friday 5/15/09.

In my aplication, I did not mention traffic tickets and the IO specifically asked me during the interview if I had traffic tickets and I said yes and she asked me if paid the fines and I responded positive -- no issues at all with that. My application was approved.

N400 mailed - 12/24/08
N400 delivered - 12/31/08
Check Cleared -- 1/7/09
Priority date: 12/31/08
FP notice date: 1/16/00
FP Done: 1/29/09
Recieved an Yellow letter regarding a couple of documents to take to the Interview but no date set yet: 3/17/09
IL Recieved - 3/20/09
Interview Date -- 5/12/09
Oath Date - 5/15/09

Congratulations Raj_CP

Congratulations Raj_CP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very happy to hear the good news. Wish you all the best.
Would like to request you to post interview questions if you are able to recollect like civic, writing and reading.

Best Wishes:)

Thanks saram and usa_ftw! The questions were the following:
Who wrote the declaration of independednce? -- Thomas Jefferson
Who is the commander-in-chief of the artmed forces? -- The President
What party is the President from? -- Democratic Party
What are the two political parties in the US? -- Democratic & Republican
Name one state that border Mexico? -- California
Name threof the original 13 states -- NY, NJ, DE

That's it...good luck to you all!

Thank you Raj_cp

Thank you very much Raj_CP.
Would you remember what was asked in 'writing the sentence' section ?
Also I would like to request you to share your Oath experience:):)

Yellow Letter Received

Hello Friends,
I received yellow letter this week on 05/11/2009. (Surprisingly I got interview letter first and yellow letter followed after couple of days)
I was informed to bring driver's license, driving ticket disposition documents, certified birth certificates for children (US Born).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, theey aske me to read "how many states are in the US?" and then told me to write " There are fifty states" .. that's it. I had my oath today and it was pretty quick -- I even applied for my passport after my oath -- our oath appointment time was 8 am and we were done with oath and got our certificate of naturalization by 930 and I was done with passport application by 10:15..godd luck to yu alll!!!

Thank you very much Raj_CP.
Would you remember what was asked in 'writing the sentence' section ?
Also I would like to request you to share your Oath experience:):)

I did my interview yesterday and the IO asked that I should mail him my previous 3 yrs tax returns and a police report from a domestic dispute arrest that occurred in 2001 though I was never charged.
In my application, I submitted original Tax transcript sent by IRS for the 3 years, but IO said needed the actual 1040 Tax return with W2 attached, which I had, but because I printed it that morning did not include my W2 he rejected it.
I had certified final court disposition and the police dept told me they only keep records for 5 yrs. The IO requested letter from Police stating they have no records. I went to the police dept yesterday and I was told they can neither give me the letter or the report.
However the court house said they will request the report for me from their record depository.
Just heads up for anyone going for interview, though he did not ask me for any other documents besides my GC, passport and DL. I also did the tests.

**** PLS NOTE: This is my personal experience. I’m not an attorney. Just one of you in the forum. ****

==============================
D/O : Orlando, FL
01/23/2009 : N-400 Mailed to Lockbox
01/27/2009 : Received Date
01/27/2009: Priority Date
02/02/2009 : Check Cashed.
1/30/2009 : NOA Received
02/06/2009: FP Notice
02/20/2009: FP Appointment
3/16/2009 : Yellow Letter (CFR) Received
3/17/2009: IL Received
5/26/2009 : Interview Date

details

DavidYoung,
I could not fully understand your situation.
Could you please give us more and clear details of what happened.
Why did you mailed your tax docs with your application?
Is your case is marriage based?
What other questions were asked?

Details

DavidYoung,
I could not fully understand your situation.
Could you please give us more and clear details of what happened.
Why did you mailed your tax docs with your application?
Is your case is marriage based?
What other questions were asked?

Pretty much there was not too much that happened. The IO is experienced, have all kind of awards hanging on the wall. He's jovial, which release tension from the interview. He asked all the questions that were on the form, asked me to read a sentence and write one. The civic questions are from the booklet, same as online.
He then said I passed the test but will need some documents from me. I believe he went through the submitted documents already and decided already what he will ask me to send to him.
Note: I applied based on 3yrs marriage,I submitted the Tax transcript because they require either transcript from IRS or Tax return.

**** PLS NOTE: This is my personal experience. I’m not an attorney. Just one of you in the forum. ****