Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

US Citizenship Oath Ceremony (Orlando, FL)

US Citizenship Oath Ceremony (Orlando, FL) time: 2.5 – 3 hours
Total Number individuals who took oath today in Orlando, FL: 852

(Note: The following is just a rough sequence of events.)
9:00 AM: Reporting time for all the individuals that were due to take the oath in the Orange County Convention Center on International drive. The oath taking candidates were instructed to sit in a conference room on second floor, while the accompanying guests were allowed to be seated in the big auditorium. The to-be-new-US-citizens were briefed in the room and then asked to go to the big auditorium where there were assigned seat numbers.
10:35 AM: All the to-be-new-US-citizens were seated in their respective seats. A lady comes and starts the ceremony.
10:38 AM: Two gentlemen come up on the stage. The first gentleman gives a brief welcome speech.
10:40 AM: A small 2-4 minutes documentary is displayed which shows photos of earlier immigrants.
10:45 AM: The second gentleman (white-bald) give another speech.
10:50 AM: The national anthem is sung.
11:00 AM: All the to-be-US-citizens are called to stand up when their country name is called.
11:15 AM: The oath/pledge is read together by all the to-be-US-citizens, while standing.
11:20 AM: Welcome speech by US president George Bush.
11:25 AM: Another documentary song remembering the sacrifices done to make this strong country with lot of freedoms.
11:30 AM: The citizenship certificates are issued to the respective individuals.

Difference between fingerprints check and name check

Can somebody explain the difference between fingerprint (biometrics) check and the name check? How are they associated (if they are) and what is the significance of each of them?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orlando timeline

Hey Guys i'm in orlando - here's my info :
N400 sent :09/15/2007
Receipt : 09/20/2007
FP done : 02/12/2008
Interview letter :??

Keep this thread alive

Received Oath Letter

N400 Rcvd by TSC = 7/12/07
NOA Rcvd = 8/10/07
Interview Letter Date = 3/12/08
Interview Letter Rcvd = 3/17/08
Interview Date = 5/12/08
Date Rcvd Oath letter = 6/2
Oath Taking = 6/12 (thurs)at Orange City Convention Center :D

life is goooooooooooooooood!!!!!!

wawww i just can t belive it ,i got my interview letter today guys.:D:D:D
this is orlando district office, they re working pretty good.

my interview will be in 21 of august 2008:p

i forgOt to saY THAT MY CASE DESAPEARED online 3 days ago.

good luck to everybodyyy:rolleyes:

FINALLY - the end of the tunnel

i got my interview today 7/21/08 - it all went perfect
oath ceremony scheduled for 7/28/08
here is my timeline:

Orlando , FL
N400 sent :09/15/2007
Receipt : 09/20/2007
FP done : 02/12/2008
Interview letter :sometimes at the end of May
Interview : 7/21/08
Oath : 7/28/08

good luck everybody

Oath Letter

Theloco25, I just want to know if you got your oath letter after the interview. I was interviewed 2 weeks ago and was told that my oath taking will be on July 28 also but I have not received my oath letter yet.

Thank you.

oath letter

my timeline:

Orlando, Fl

Application received on 7/27/07
FP done on 1/12/08
Interviewed on 7/10/08
Oath letter dated 7/31/08
Oath ceremony on 8/14/08

Orlando Citizenship Interview postponed

My interview at Orlando DO was also postponed from 15 August to 4 September. I don't know the reason. I thought it was just me.

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post briefly about my experience during my interview in Orlando for August 21st. Because of Tropical Storm Fay, I was worried that the office would not be open but thankfully it was. I arrived about 40 minutes before my interview. As someone else mentioned, the office on the form is wrong and you will be directed to another office, which is very close. There were several people standing outside and many of us thought they had a line. This is not the case as there is no line. The security officer calls you in by the time of your appointment. As such, one poor guy who had a 9 AM appointment was standing in the back waiting at 9:30 am because he did not know. The security officer announced that they were running behind due to the storm so I did not get let into the office until the actual time of my interview. There is a small sign on the door that states no electronics are allowed inside including cell phones, etc. I had given my cellphone to a friend but didn't notice that my music player was at the bottom of my purse so I was pretty mortified when the security found it during the check. I quickly left to go put it in my car and came back. I ended up waiting about 2 hours to be seen. The room was packed and I was surrounded by people who looked as anxious and nervous as I was! I was beginning to worry why I had not been called but one of the IOs came out and said they were delayed due to the storm. The second thing he said was that they were trying to get all people who passed into the oath ceremony scheduled for next Thursday, August 28th at 8:15 AM. I was so excited yet even more nervous about the interview.

Despite waiting for a very long time to be interviewed (2 hours after scheduled time), I finally got to see the IO. He placed me under oath and went through my application very quickly. He started by asking me for my birth certificate (if I have it), permanent resident card, ID, and passports. I provided him with the documents. He did not ask me to recall anything on the application. He just read what was on the application and had me confirm yes or no. He was extremely nice and cracking jokes throughout. He went through civics quickly as well as the English test. He gave me a form saying I passed and asked me if I would like to be in the August 28th oath ceremony to which I said an emphatic yes. I couldn't believe how fast the actual appointment was. I waited there for about 40 minutes to receive the oath letter and am scheduled for 8/28 oath ceremony in Orlando.

Absolutely shocked that Orlando had such quick turnaround between interview and oath ceremony. Hope everyone else has similar results as well! All the best.

General Timeline:
March 18th Priority Date
April 17th FP
August 21st Interview
August 28th Oath Ceremony

hey bulbs

hi bulbs so we were there me and you on the same day at orlando office, but your lucky caz the io who told me that i passed my test didnt mention the ceremony day for me except that she said dont travel nowhere until the ceremony pass.i wish i can get mine this coming week or get a call from them i really wish so.:rolleyes:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wonder why because many of the people there were getting oath letters before they left. I did notice that others walked out immediately when they were done with their interview though. Maybe it will come in the mail this week. Good luck to you, Jason.

Hey guys...Just wondering if anybody here knows when is the next oath cerimony, besides the one on 08/28.
I had my interview at the orlando DO on 08/12. My case had to be reviewed by a supervisor. I had an infopass this morning and the IO told me that my case was reviewed and aproved the same day, but was not scheduled for an oath yet. I asked him if he could schedule me for the next oath ceremony and he said no.

Anybody here with the same situation???

My approximate timeline:

N-400 sent 01/17, priority date 01/24
FP done on 02/22
IL received on 07/10
Inetrview on 08/12
Oath :confused:

Hey everyone...I had my oath ceremony this past Thursday (8/28)! I arrived at 8:15 where you wait in a big room. Later you get lead to an area where they review your form and you turn in your permanent resident card. The actual ceremony started at around 9:15 AM (supposed to start at 9 am) and ended around 10:08am. It was awesome and I am now registered to vote. One thing I wanted to note is that many people had filled out the questions on the back of the oath ceremony notice incorrectly. The questions pertain to what has happened since your interview so the answers will most likely be no's. Also for location, you need to put the date of the actual ceremony and the location of the oath ceremony (in this case: Orlando, Florida) - not where you live. Also, make sure to use black ink as the form says.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any other questions. I heard there are two oath ceremonies in September but don't know the actual dates.

Hey everyone...I had my oath ceremony this past Thursday (8/28)! I arrived at 8:15 where you wait in a big room. Later you get lead to an area where they review your form and you turn in your permanent resident card. The actual ceremony started at around 9:15 AM (supposed to start at 9 am) and ended around 10:08am. It was awesome and I am now registered to vote. One thing I wanted to note is that many people had filled out the questions on the back of the oath ceremony notice incorrectly. The questions pertain to what has happened since your interview so the answers will most likely be no's. Also for location, you need to put the date of the actual ceremony and the location of the oath ceremony (in this case: Orlando, Florida) - not where you live. Also, make sure to use black ink as the form says.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any other questions. I heard there are two oath ceremonies in September but don't know the actual dates.
Thanks for sharing your experience, bulbs. I am glad for you. Let us know if you find out when those september ceremonies will take place. Thanks again.