Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

hi zuzkin

i think i do have a good news for you about the ceremony date,i know how it feels when you know sombody got the letter and you wait for your turn i wish you ll get it too

i just got mine today and wanted to share it with you and everybody else in orlando.

it will be on 15 september at 8:15 am convention center west side.

i hope you liked the news;)

hi zuzkin

i think i do have a good news for you about the ceremony date,i know how it feels when you know sombody got the letter and you wait for your turn i wish you ll get it too

i just got mine today and wanted to share it with you and everybody else in orlando.

it will be on 15 september at 8:15 am convention center west side.

i hope you liked the news;)

Hey jason727,

Thanks for the good news and congrads! I am really happy for you. Hope I can get my letter very soon.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee got it

Guys...I finally got my oath letter today!!!! That is so cool. Jason727 it looks like you were right; I, too, was scheduled for the ceremony on the 09/15.
Thank you everybody for support and great info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview

I had my interview on September 19th. One thing to keep in mind. You need to take your marriage certificate (if married) and birth cirtificate with you. I did not have my birth certificate with me and if you don't want to go through the same difficult times, take your birth certificate with you.

Do we have anybody in the group who had interview after September 15th? I was told that I will be mailed the oath date and time. One of my friends had his interview on August 22nd and he was given his oath ceremony letter right after the interview, for August 28th ??

Hello,

A friend of mine got US citizenship interview at a new location in Orlando, FL.

New Interview location:
6680 Corporate Center Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822

I had my interview at the immigration office on 9403 Tradeport drive, Orlando, FL 32827.

Does anybody have a interview in Orlando in near future. If so, please share your interview address.

Thanks.

Schedule for Oath Ceremonies

Hi, everyone.

I saw that some people are trying to find out the schedule of the Oath ceremony ahead. Actually I have read the same question on different immigration forums around the country. In my case, I travel a lot for my employer and I need to let them know that I cannot be out of town on a given week. But I need to know which days are scheduled for the Oath.

The USCIS is the most closed agency in the country. I even sent a letter to both the Orlando office and the Texas service center to let me know of the next dates. Orlando did not answer and Texas took the time to send me my letter and envelope stapled to their own letter that said: you'll find out in due time!! I went to the Orlando office and waited to ask an officer outside and he did give me a lecture on how this works...but in the end, he gave me one date which was in a couple of days.

This blog gave me the insight that there may be more than one ceremony per month.
Could anyone give me the upcoming Oath dates that you know of for Orlando? Thanks.

Hi, everyone.

I saw that some people are trying to find out the schedule of the Oath ceremony ahead. Actually I have read the same question on different immigration forums around the country. In my case, I travel a lot for my employer and I need to let them know that I cannot be out of town on a given week. But I need to know which days are scheduled for the Oath.

The USCIS is the most closed agency in the country. I even sent a letter to both the Orlando office and the Texas service center to let me know of the next dates. Orlando did not answer and Texas took the time to send me my letter and envelope stapled to their own letter that said: you'll find out in due time!! I went to the Orlando office and waited to ask an officer outside and he did give me a lecture on how this works...but in the end, he gave me one date which was in a couple of days.

This blog gave me the insight that there may be more than one ceremony per month.
Could anyone give me the upcoming Oath dates that you know of for Orlando? Thanks.

Based on my research on this forum, the Orlando DO runs about 2 oath ceremonies a month at the interval of two weeks apart. So, I think, the next ceremony should be sometime in the middle (or close to it) of October. Good luck to you.

Received IL today

Hi everyone,

I received my IL today.
It says the location of interview
is on 6680 Corporate Center Blvd.
Is this right ?

My timeline:

Priority date: 1/8/08
FP notice date: 2/12/08
FP done: 3/6/08
Interview letter: 10/18
Interview: 11/25

Hi everyone,

this is just to share my interview experience of today.
The new location is really much better than the old one.
Bigger, nice, well organized.
Everything went well. My husband came with me,
but he had to wait in the big hall when I was called in
by the immigration officer, a woman. She was
very friendly, and professional during the interview.
Probably my best experience with any immigration officer.
After placing me under oath, she asked for the usual documents,
marriage license, tax transcripts,etc.
then went through my application. For proof of marriage,
mortgage documents on our joint home purchase were
sufficient. She made a few copies to put in my file.
The civics test was easy, and so was also the English
sentence. At the end, she gave me form 652, and told me
that I was going to receive the Oath letter soon by mail.
I was very happy, of course.
She also told me they are scheduling Oath ceremonies
every Friday, and I would likely be scheduled
before the end of the year.

My timeline:

Interview letter: 10/18
Interview: 11/25
OL: ???
OD: ???

Hi everybody,

I got my Oath letter today !
What a nice surprise.
Finally at the end of the long road....
Below my timeline, and thank you all.
This forum has been of great help.

My timeline:

Interview letter: 10/18/08
Interview: 11/25/08
OL date: 12/8/08 (received 12/10)
OD: 12/19/08

Just a Question on the Inteeview Test. It says after Oct 1 2008, you have a choice of taking new or old Interview Test questions.

Was wondering for people who had interview after Oct 1st 2008 did u get a choice by the Interview Officer of what test questions they would ask ?.

Like would u get a choice to go with OLD or NEW TEST QUESTIONS at the Interview ?.

Thank You for the response in advance !

Mohammed Yakoob,

you have the choice, you decide, not the IO.

At the interview, you can tell the IO for which test you studied.
The old test is easier than the new one.
I studied the old test.

When I had my interview, I didn't tell the IO
for which test I studied. The IO just started to
ask questions:
1. who is electing the President ?
2. for how long is the President elected ?
3. how many stripes on the flag ?
4. what do the stripes represent,
and two others I answered also correctly.
Then the IO didn't ask further, I had passed the
test.

I did stress out a lot for my interview, way
too much. It is not difficult.
Read the Q&As in the booklet a couple of times,
also the day before your interview, and you should
be fine.

You have to answer 6 Questions out of 10 correctly.

Good luck !

I just sent my application along with my wife's on 12/24/08 --I will keep posting any updates...

Just sent in my N-400 application, here is my timeline so far:

N-400 sent on 12/22/2008
N-400 Received on 12/24/2008
Check Cashed 1/2/2009

I just received FP notice by mail....so here is the timeline so far:

N400 mailed - 12/24/08
N400 delivered - 12/31/08
Check Cleared -- 1/7/09
Priority date: 12/31/08
FP notice date: 1/16/00
FP Date: 1/29/09

Last edited by a moderator:
My immigration journey that started in
2001 with never-ending paperwork filings,
of one form after the other (H1B->green card->N400),
and waiting and waiting every time, is finally over.
God Bless America.

It took exactly one year from
N-400 priority date until receiving
my passport.

Here my N-400 timeline (TSC/Orlando)

Interview letter: 10/18/08
Interview: 11/25/08
OL date: 12/8/08 (received 12/10)
OD: 12/19/08
PP applied: 12/19/08
PP received: 1/8/09

I am schduled for an Oath Ceremony on Jan 22nd in Orange County Convention Center on I-drive. If someone, had attended an oath ceremony there, can u please post details of the ceremony like ...

1) How long does the whole process takes of the oath ceremony ?
2) Do i have to submit my greencard at the oath ceremony ?.
3) Do we get the Natz. Certificate on that day itselves or does it get mailed to us ?
4) Do we need to inform the Social security office ?

Thank You !