October 2007 Filers

I sent fee for I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765. Later I found that with I-130 and I-485, one does not have to pay fee for other forms. The good thing I did was that I clipped together individual checks and supporting documents with all the forms. Because of that, USCIS only cashed two checks and returned me the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey miaomiao1, did u hear anything about FP? I thought that I'll get some notice yesterday but :(

Not yet. if you are in NJ, we probably have to wait for a few days to get the FP notice. the FP notice varies by the Do office, I think. i will let you know if i hear anything.

Another October filer

Mailed everything (I-130+I-485+all the rest) to Chicago Lockbox by USPS Priority Mail on 10/11/07 with signature confirmation. Big mistake! B. I. G. Mistake.

USPS has no tracking information on the package beyond 10/13/07 when the package got to the local Chicago post office. And, of course, customer service is completely useless. They have no idea where the package might be, or even which post office in Chicago may have it!

Anyway, I am just hoping that the package made it there and the postman simply forgot to get the signature. The checks haven't been cashed yet...

Thanks for letting me vent ;-)

DL Austin

It took 40days to get a receipt notice for me. So relax and get a cool drink... its gonna get awhile.

Cannot check my status online either

I got my I-130 Notice today and tried to check it online. It says invalid....Have not got notice for I-485 yet...How do you know which local office handling your case? The nearest local office? There is one 6 miles from my home...so in default it will be that one or they assigned you one? I thought it is called Fairfax VA office, but cannot find it in USCIS website. Confused!! guess it is Washington DC office...

I don't think it should take 40 days to getvreceipt for any Oct-FiLers. one to two weeks seems normal.

May I ask where the Finger Print Notice letter was sent from? i.e. the Sender's address on the Notice envelop. Is it from Lee's Summit, MO or New Jersey DO?

Thanks for sharing the info in advance.

May I ask where the Finger Print Notice letter was sent from? i.e. the Sender's address on the Notice envelop. Is it from Lee's Summit, MO or New Jersey DO?

Thanks for sharing the info in advance.

national Nenefits center
po box 648004
Lee's Summit., Missouri,64064

that is strange. I can check mine right i got the receipt number. I guess you dont need to worry about it. I will keep you noticed on the LUDs. :D

Btw, there are two numbers on the FP notice. I tried both but none worked. Do you have one tracking number for your complete case or a separate one for each application (I-130, I-485...)?