October 2007 Filers

hey all previous filers, how USCIS informs u now? through email or mail or phone? i've seen previous files to update their status about receive notice from uscis within 2-3 days.:confused:

Filed for my wife

I am a permanent resident. Got married after I got green card. I-130 for wife got approved way back --- priority date is October 31 2002, so finally it got current and I could apply for I-485 in October.

October 3rd --- Filed I-485, I-765, I-131, G325(a), I-864, I-693 to Chicago Lockbox
October 4th --- Fedex tracking shows delivered and signed for at 9:39 am.

The next wait starts now

Did anyone hear any thing?

I am guessing any October filers will not hear anything soon. Amongst the September filers I saw just one person who got his checks cashed in 7 days which is very fast.

Otherwise expect your checks to be cashed around 2 weeks from RD, then NOA's a couple of days later. Us late July filers waited around a month but that shouldn't be your cases.

Check your bank account often, then you will know what's up before you even get the NOA's in the mail.

Good luck.

Thought it might help Oct. Filers a little bit

Just received notice letter today.
For details, please see my signature
Good luck to you all!

I sent out my forms last night and should be there tomorrow noon.
What do these words mean?
NOA? FP notice ? LUD ? RFE on I-485

Anyone tried tracking using receipt number on check

My check finally got cashed on 10/11 --- based on case status page, the receipt number is on the back of the cancelled check. I confirmed the number there with my bank (13 character # starting with MSC) and tried using that to track case status online and got invalid # message.

Has anyone been successful in tracking this way --- is it too early to track?

My check finally got cashed on 10/11 --- based on case status page, the receipt number is on the back of the cancelled check. I confirmed the number there with my bank (13 character # starting with MSC) and tried using that to track case status online and got invalid # message.

Has anyone been successful in tracking this way --- is it too early to track?

It happened to me back in the days and to many, many other people. The numbers on the checks many times do not match the ones on your paper NOAs.

If you got the checks cashed, you should get the NOA's in the mail within 3 to 4 days.

Even then, if those numbers do not work, do not worry (yet). Some people can access online immediately after receipt of NOA, some way after. Some even just when EAD is approved.

Personally I could access mine only on september 20th and my checks were cashed august 28th and received NOA's Sept 01.

Thanks constructus

Thanks for the info constructus. I have noticed that most of the people posting on here seem to get RFE's. If you don't mind me asking, what was your RFE for --- I am assuming that most people send complete applications --- so how come so many RFE's are getting generated. Don't have to answer if I am invading your privacy