May 2009 AOS filers

i was wondering how long the wait for the interview is.. because my husband is scheduled to be deployed to iraq this october.. :(

Where are you located at?
Best way to find out the wait time is to compare your timeline against someone from the same DO

Interview Letter

Guys...........Today i got interview letter, scheduled for Aug 20.
In the documents checklist, they are asking for Employment letter. I dont think so i am able to get that bcoz i am leaving my h1b employer to work on EAD. Do i really need this Employment letter bcoz our is Family based and my wife is my sole sponsor (I-864EZ)???

FP done on Monday, in Milwaukee.
It was really busy, but still i waited like 10 minutes, not more. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man....I drove 1.5hrs each way for 15 minutes of fingerprinting?!?! No problems though. Showed up and hour and a half early with my NOA and ID. There weren't many people in line (I was actually second). The lady who did my biometrics didn't talk much but was not rude. Overall, not a bad experience thought it went pretty well.
Now the anxious wait....

In the documents checklist, they are asking for Employment letter. I dont think so i am able to get that bcoz i am leaving my h1b employer to work on EAD. Do i really need this Employment letter bcoz our is Family based and my wife is my sole sponsor (I-864EZ)???

Employment letter must be for your sponsor not you

My timeline (San Francisco, CA)

My case number starts with MSC.

5/14/2009 - mailed I130, I485, I131
5/18/2009 - delivered
5/22/2009 - got all NOAs and check cashed
6/1/2009 - got FP appt on 6/9 10am
6/9/2009 - FP @ san francisco
6/10/2009 - I485 LUD
6/24/2009 - AP mailed

geese_com,
We have almost identical signature but I filed for mother. My timeline lags behind many who filed at the same time so I cut the wait by doing a FP walk in this morning.
Let keep each other updated. Did you notice you got an A# in the FP notice letter?

geese_com,
We have almost identical signature but I filed for mother. My timeline lags behind many who filed at the same time so I cut the wait by doing a FP walk in this morning.
Let keep each other updated. Did you notice you got an A# in the FP notice letter?

Yeah, I noticed that. I already had a A# from an EAD.

Hello,
I received yesterday the interview letter, scheduled for August 26. No update on the website but it says it was sent on June 17.
They scheduled my interview during the only week I am supposed to be in South America for a wedding, but from what I read around it is better if I cancel and keep the interview date rather than reschedule.

Any suggestions on the point?

Thanks

U.

You can't reschedule. They will deny your GC if you use that excuse.
It has to be a life or death situation if you want to reschedule.

guess i should have filed everything together.. two separate appointments for biometrics isn't what i had in mind.. anyway, i was wondering how long the wait for the interview is.. because my husband is scheduled to be deployed to iraq this october.. :(

You should be done by then, but if not then you go to the interview on your own with proof of your husband's deployment. Military service is a valid reason for not being there. One of the few :)
Another option would be to get and infopass once you have your interview letter and bring your interview forward. My cousin did this before she got deployed to Afghanistan.

proof of income supporting documents

Please make sure you the following for the Petioner (Wife) to show proof of income
1) Tax Returns for the last Three Years
2) W-2 Forms (Three Years)
3) Employer Pay Statements for the last 3 Months.

Employer Letter is optional if you have all three of the above documents.

Hello,
I received yesterday the interview letter, scheduled for August 26. No update on the website but it says it was sent on June 17.
They scheduled my interview during the only week I am supposed to be in South America for a wedding, but from what I read around it is better if I cancel and keep the interview date rather than reschedule.

Any suggestions on the point?

You can re-schedule anytime. It will likely set you back by about a month or two depending on how busy your local DO is and depending on when you initiate the request.

Many have re-scheduled..check the forum for other member's experiences.

Interview documents

Thanks Nav102. one more question
All the documents(Birth certificate,Marraige certificate,etc) USCIS asking for inteview day, should i take originals or photocopies. we already submitted copies with I485 application.

Please make sure you the following for the Petioner (Wife) to show proof of income
1) Tax Returns for the last Three Years
2) W-2 Forms (Three Years)
3) Employer Pay Statements for the last 3 Months.

Employer Letter is optional if you have all three of the above documents.

You can re-schedule anytime. It will likely set you back by about a month or two depending on how busy your local DO is and depending on when you initiate the request.

Many have re-scheduled..check the forum for other member's experiences.

Check the forum for the BAD experiences first !!! Once you've read some of them you'll think twice about taking this advice.

Thanks to all for your replies. I have decided to shorten my trip and be present for the interview. I don't want any weird surprise!!!

U.

It seems like I-765 and I-485 are usually touched the day after we do FP.
I found it out today when I check uscis site.

Do you know if they email you when a case is touched without status change. I never seem to receive any notification email.

Do you know if they email you when a case is touched without status change. I never seem to receive any notification email.

Have you registered at the USCIS site to get notification emails? You have to register and put your cases on your portfolio before you can receive notification emails from USCIS for any status change they do on your cases. :)

Have you registered at the USCIS site to get notification emails? You have to register and put your cases on your portfolio before you can receive notification emails from USCIS for any status change they do on your cases. :)
Of course I have all the receipt numbers in my portfolio and select email as Yes to all.
ulyss
Did you get any email notification for your LUD 6/4/09?