May 2009 AOS filers

Received email that Mother's EAD was ordered on 06/16/2009. Does this mean that her finger prints were OK? Can she still get a RFE for PCC?

Am in the same boat. My parents complained that the FP machine didn't scan their fingers well...Don't think we can rule out getting another request for FP until the Green Card is in the mail...

Hi All,
I had earlier request some clarification about volunteering while waiting for my EAD, i am a May filer also,and i have received an offer to volunteer in a lab in a University while wating for my EAD,i am a trained Biomolecular Scientist,i just read on USCIS site that my voluntary work could be wrong since i may derive some experience,even though NOT monetary,and it may be considered unauthorized work,i was wondering how the USCIS would know if i go ahead to do the volunteer work,though i am not planning on doing it anymore so as not to be in violation.

Hi All,
I had earlier request some clarification about volunteering while waiting for my EAD, i am a May filer also,and i have received an offer to volunteer in a lab in a University while wating for my EAD,i am a trained Biomolecular Scientist,i just read on USCIS site that my voluntary work could be wrong since i may derive some experience,even though NOT monetary,and it may be considered unauthorized work,i was wondering how the USCIS would know if i go ahead to do the volunteer work,though i am not planning on doing it anymore so as not to be in violation.

Perhaps the Univerisity would have to disclose your name to local employment agency even though you are not being paid!..just talk to the HR at the University.

USCIS may not know but I think in most forms they ask you to be truthful and volunteer employment information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks second stage,i guess i should just wait for my EAD instead of putting myself in any trouble,has i may think the USCIS may not know,but if they find out somehow then,that would mean a lot of trouble.

I should get my NOA today. The mailman should be in here an hour or so :(
Got all 4 NOA about 5 minutes ago.
The notice date is 6/10 which they mailed out the same date. Received 6/17. I should get the FP letter sometime this week. Plan to do a walk-in FP next week.

Why were you denied? Did you have a valid reason to do early walk-in?

I told the guy, who checks the appt letter at the door, that I have a workshop scheduled on 6/24, so I will not be able to come on that day. Then he looked at the officer and told me he couldn't let me in. There were some ppl waiting in the lobby yesterday, could that be the reason since they were busy? I am fine with not being able to do it earlier than scheduled, if it doesn't expedite the process. Just I have to make another trip to the field office...errrr...

Reg: Fiance

Soon i will become US Citizen, My fiance lives abroad, Couple of choices in my hand: Marry her and do consular processing (or) bring her on B2, marry her here and do AOS(GC). can any one pl advise me.

Soon i will become US Citizen, My fiance lives abroad, Couple of choices in my hand: Marry her and do consular processing (or) bring her on B2, marry her here and do AOS(GC). can any one pl advise me.

Go the K-1 route.
If you marry her, then K-3

Reg

looks like K1 or K3 taking long time, before marraige if i can bring her in Tourist visa/Business Visa, then marry here and start processing GC. What do you think about this Route. incase if she comes here what forms to be submitted and what is the time line. Appreciated

Go the K-1 route.
If you marry her, then K-3

Vvet,you can bring her on tourist visa,wait for a month or so,then get marry and apply for AOS for her,and i think you should be fine.

Hey everyone, decided to join this forum because of all the knowledge floating around and the support that you give each other. I was hoping to share in some of that.

-Geese

I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered:

1) Who is required to pay the $70 fee for the Department of State for the I-864

2) Is a "Class B, Latent TB Infection" on your I-693 bad for your application?

Thanks everyone.

Just got an email from USCIS that the already ordered my EAD card for production. That was quick considering that I just submitted my RFE last week. :) Not complaining though. :)

I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered:

1) Who is required to pay the $70 fee for the Department of State for the I-864

2) Is a "Class B, Latent TB Infection" on your I-693 bad for your application?

Thanks everyone.

$70 fee is probably if you are doing CP(consular processing). someone correct me if am wrong.

I have no idea about "Class B, Latent TB Infection" but if you do have TB infection then the civil surgeon would advise you to take meds and then only after being tested negative, he /she would have over the medical document.

Guys,

How do we know that the applications are moving over to CSC? And do parent's AOS likely get interview?

Thanks

$70 fee is probably if you are doing CP(consular processing). someone correct me if am wrong.

I have no idea about "Class B, Latent TB Infection" but if you do have TB infection then the civil surgeon would advise you to take meds and then only after being tested negative, he /she would have over the medical document.

I'm doing AOS and I'm here in the US so I'm thinking I don't have to worry about that $70 fee.

As for the Latent TB thing. It's the not contagious kind. My skin test was positive but my chest x-ray was normal.

veird case

i have received today my father advanced parole yet we have not receive even finger print so far.Is this comman.Usully people goes to finger print then receive advancce parale so on.

i have received today my father advanced parole yet we have not receive even finger print so far.Is this comman.Usully people goes to finger print then receive advancce parale so on.

FP's are usually required for I-765 and I-485 applications. Read your NOAs for both of them, they probably say FPs are required.