May 2009 AOS filers

Documents

Thanks Nav102. one more question
All the documents(Birth certificate,Marraige certificate,etc) USCIS asking for inteview day, should i take originals or photocopies. we already submitted copies with I485 application.

You will need to take the Originals if the Officer wants to verify the documents submitted with the 485.

What would you bring for SSA office?
I think you have to wait till you get SSA card before you apply for driver licence.

hmmm... i had a friend who was a march filer that just brought her paper from SSA then went to DMV immediately right after applying for an SSN and was able to get her DL. anyway, no harm done trying. if they don't let me do that, i could wait. DMV and SSA here in our area is right across from each other anyway. :)

Thanks to all for your replies. I have decided to shorten my trip and be present for the interview. I don't want any weird surprise!!!

U.

Smart move :)

What would you bring for SSA office?
I think you have to wait till you get SSA card before you apply for driver licence.

It depends on your state.
I live in Texas and their website says that you HAVE to have a SSN to get a DL but I went with just my EAD and it was fine.

we're living here in upstate new york.. my husband is stationed in fort drum.. i submitted the applications at chicago lockbox.. the case status online says it is in the national benefit center.. tnx!

Where are you located at?
Best way to find out the wait time is to compare your timeline against someone from the same DO

tnx.. can you tell me more about the infopass? i really hope we can receive the interview letter soon.. my husband has a lot of out of state training prior to his deployment.. what if he is in one of those training at the interview date.. is that a valid reason too?

You should be done by then, but if not then you go to the interview on your own with proof of your husband's deployment. Military service is a valid reason for not being there. One of the few :)
Another option would be to get and infopass once you have your interview letter and bring your interview forward. My cousin did this before she got deployed to Afghanistan.

tnx.. can you tell me more about the infopass? i really hope we can receive the interview letter soon.. my husband has a lot of out of state training prior to his deployment.. what if he is in one of those training at the interview date.. is that a valid reason too?

You make an InfoPass appointment to speak to someone in person. HERE is the link.

First phone the service for military personnel and their families. HERE is the link.
I know you haven't received your IL yet but you can call them for advice to put your mind at ease :)

Hi everyone,

Just received an email from CRIS sayin that they received my RFE and my case has resumed and is at the NBC office.

What is the NBC office?

Btw, I sent the RFE last monday and I got a pretty fast response from them :)

Goodluck to everyone!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Case transferred to CSC. Looking through the postings it appears that some get their approval without interview and some keep waiting.

Hi everyone,
What is the NBC office?

Btw, I sent the RFE last monday and I got a pretty fast response from them :)

NBC = National Benefits Center

I was also surprised at how fast they updated my case once they received the RFE.

Case transferred to CSC. Looking through the postings it appears that some get their approval without interview and some keep waiting.

You're still lucky though :) Being transferred to CSC is a very good sign :)

NBC is the National Bureau Center and where most forms are initially processed.

Thanks :) and as far as I can see from your time line, they acted pretty fast for your EAD card as soon as they received your RFE. wow!

Well I hope they do the same thing for me though :)

Goodluck everyone!

Thanks :) and as far as I can see from your time line, they acted pretty fast for your EAD card as soon as they received your RFE. wow!

Well I hope they do the same thing for me though :)

Goodluck everyone!

Yes, I was pretty surprised too. But glad just the same. :) Already applied for an SSN yesterday. Just waiting for it to arrive. :)

update

6/29/2009 - AP received in mail & Interview letter too
8/13/2009 - interview date

My case number starts with MSC.

5/14/2009 - mailed I130, I485, I131
5/18/2009 - delivered
5/22/2009 - got all NOAs and check cashed
6/1/2009 - got FP appt on 6/9 10am
6/9/2009 - FP @ san francisco
6/10/2009 - I485 LUD
6/24/2009 - AP mailed

I have finally received the Interview Date for my parents in the mail yesterday. On these forums some have got I-130 Approval before the I-485 Interview in the local district office. In our case we have not received the I-130 Approval but have been scheduled for an Interview. Is this normal ?

Congrats to tweety1369 , Nav102 and everyone that received their interview notice(s). :D

What do others do who have their cases fallen thro' the crack?:(

I haven't received transfer to CSC nor scheduled for an interview.

Nav102, I have not received an approval for an I-130 either for my mother.. just the IL.

SG

I have finally received the Interview Date for my parents in the mail yesterday. On these forums some have got I-130 Approval before the I-485 Interview in the local district office. In our case we have not received the I-130 Approval but have been scheduled for an Interview. Is this normal ?