May 2009 AOS filers

i finally received our interview letter yesterday.. though it came with another letter stating that my FP appointment for i765 was canceled and rescheduled for a later date.. can we bring my 2 year old daughter to the interview? we're still finding someone to babysit her but in case we don't.. will it be a problem? the letter states that you do not need to bring children unless otherwise instructed..

i finally received our interview letter yesterday.. though it came with another letter stating that my FP appointment for i765 was canceled and rescheduled for a later date.. can we bring my 2 year old daughter to the interview? we're still finding someone to babysit her but in case we don't.. will it be a problem? the letter states that you do not need to bring children unless otherwise instructed..

The two year old can wait in the waiting area in the Lobby with an Adult but would not recommend taking her into the IO office during the Interview as Two year old's can be very naughtly and distract the officer.

Hi everyone,

I just checked my status online and it says on my I765: card production ordered :)
Boy, I'm sooooo thrilled :)

Any idea when will the card get to me??

Thanks!!
Goodluck!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received the Interview Letter for my parents but no E-mail notifications from USCIS. I got some earlier e-mail notifications for the EAD Updates.

I got mine exactly a week later.

Thank you :) I should be expecting it in the mail by the end of this week then... and also the interview letter.. next week if everythin goes fine.. hopefully :)

Oh yeah, btw, do you happen to know if I can apply for a drivers license after getting my SSN? or do I have to wait for my GC before I can apply for a DL?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
In feburary, My employer filed h1b extension for me. today my Employer informed me that they got RFE for my h1b extension and they need some documents from me in order to address that RFE. these doc's are hard to get now days....
I havent told my employer about my family based Greencard. what should i do now ??
1. should i tell them to withdraw my h1b extension bcoz i no longer need to be on h1b?? or should i wait till my GC inteview??
2. If during GC interview , officer asked me where do i work???....what will be my answer ??

PunjabiGuru!!!

Oh yeah, btw, do you happen to know if I can apply for a drivers license after getting my SSN? or do I have to wait for my GC before I can apply for a DL?

Thanks!

Once you get your SSN, you can apply for a DL already. All they ask is your SSN anyway. Well, that's how it is here in Cali. :)

Once you get your SSN, you can apply for a DL already. All they ask is your SSN anyway. Well, that's how it is here in Cali. :)

Social Security number alone is not enough to obtain DL. Almost every state in the Union asks for the immigration status but I'm not sure about North Carolina as NC used to not care about immigration status until sometime ago but don't know if it's still the same. Nevertheless, work permit will be enough to do the trick but not the letter saying one has been issued EAD or s/he has applied for EAD.

Social Security number alone is not enough to obtain DL. Almost every state in the Union asks for the immigration status but I'm not sure about North Carolina as NC used to not care about immigration status until sometime ago but don't know if it's still the same. Nevertheless, work permit will be enough to do the trick but not the letter saying one has been issued EAD or s/he has applied for EAD.

Agreed. :) Bring your SSN and your EAD Card. That should do the trick. That's what I did. :)

What kind of questions do they ask at the interview? Does anyone know if they review all your documents again? I am wondering because my Citizenship interview was a breeze. Interview for my mom is at 8am, how long does the interview usually take?