Massachusetts SESA Non-RIR Tracker

If we get more resumes for our add and our HR says they are not qualified does SESA Believe us? Normally how long SESA takes to forward our case to DOL after we submit the recruiting results?

Hi Shridhar,

How is u'r recruiting effort going? My company gave a 3 day add in the BOSTON globe and we recevied 5 resumes in 2 last two weeks. My attorney said he will wait for 3 more weeks and then submit the recruiting results

Sai

Hi Sai,
Sorry for the delay. My attorney was out of the country for two weeks. They advertised for my position in Computer world on April 21st. Good thing is, they have not received a single resume yet.
She said she will check with DET to submit the case by end of the month.
Regards,
Shridhar

Thanks for the information shridhar. My attorney also told me he is going to submit the results this month end. we are on the same boat. Keep me posted how things are going. Thanks a lot

Sai

off to Boston DOL

Hi guys... I finally got received at Boston DOL. Here's my info:

massDBA - SESA # 200113### - PDate 5/29/01 - EB3 - NON-RIR - Case 01332### - DOL RD 5/7/03

Good luck everyone!

massDBA,

you in MA SESA ? if so can you pls explain the process a bit ? who asks you for recruitment efforts ? SESA or DOL ? I am asking because I am in the same boat ... my PD is July 02 Non-RIR in MA SESA.

Thanks,
ST.

Hi massdba
How long it tokk for u'r case to move to DOL after u submitted u'r recruiting results?

Reply to ST

ST,

When SESA (a.k.a. DET) finally got to my case (after a long while) they informed the employeer to recruit. The employer advertises for the position, interviews candidates, documents the recruitment phase then sends it all back to SESA. The recruitment phase took a bit less than 30 days. SESA then reviews it and then sends it to Boston DOL if everything looks ok. That can take around a month. Then it DOL puts it into their computer. The DOL Receipt date seems to have been about 4 months after recuitment wrapped up for me and another guy on this board recently. That's where I stand. My firm's lawyer guesses it will take about 6 months for DOL to certify and then we go for I-140 & I-485. Lawyet told me that the LIFE Amnesty backlog also exists ahead of me at DOL. That sucks.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

dol

SaiBobby,

The lawyer wrapped up recuitment on January 16th. He got receipt from DOL saying they received it April 1st. However when I called DOL and got my DOL case ID they said that they received it on May 7th. So I am not sure which one it is. Maybe it took a month to enter it into the DOL computer - who knows. So I guess the official receipt date is May 7. Bottom line is it about 4 months from end of recuitment to DOL RD.

Question on the process...

Hi,
I am new to this Forum. I am trying to have a better understanding of the Labor Certification process.

My company filed with SESA - MA State on Oct-01-2002, EB2-NON-RIR SOFTWARE ENGINEER with MS Degree, Major EE Company.

My company had a lay-off in Feb 03. I am wondering if that will affect my processing.

Also I am wondering what is the next step? Will SESA review my Application sometime soon & let my company know that they have to start advertising?

What news papers/websites/weeklies/magazines does SESA suggest that the company advertise?

In Brief what are the next steps that follow?

At what point in the process will SESA send out a Notice of Findings... if they do?

The entire process is a mystery to me. Please help to clear my thoughts.

Appreciate your help

Last edited by a moderator:
bostondude,

>>>My company had a lay-off in Feb 03. I am wondering if that will affect my processing.

Most probably not as your appliaction is filed in NON-RIR

>>>Also I am wondering what is the next step? Will SESA review my Application sometime soon & let my company know that they have to start advertising?

Currently MA SESA is processing July-August 2002, so I would assume you should hear from then in a month or two.

>>>Also I am wondering what is the next step? Will SESA review my Application sometime soon & let my company know that they have to start advertising?

Same as above

>>>What news papers/websites/weeklies/magazines does SESA suggest that the company advertise?

Not sure

>>>In Brief what are the next steps that follow?

a) review of your appliaction, if satisfactory, then put up and advertisement, if not then notice of finding.
b) review recruitment results
c) if acceptable forward the application to DOL
d) DOL is the one who will actually approve application.

Hope this helps.

ST.

Any updates?

Hi,

I am new to this forum - but I was wondering if there has been any updates in the MA SESA non-RIR since June?

Here's my info:

MA SESA EB3 non-RIR - PD 10/02/2003
Haven't heard a peep yet - but I guess its too early.

Thanks for the updates everyone - this forum is very helpful!

DesiG,
It is not too early. MA SESA is processing the cases with PD Aug.2 through Sept. 2 of 2002. So you might be very close. Please update us as soon as you hear from SESA.

smi

Hi All, I got my labor certified . Good News is that MS SESA and DOL were fast these days. I filed my recuitment results on june 4th 2003 at SESA and I dont know when it was forwarded to DOL but my lawyer called me and told that it is certified on July 24th.
Getting ready for I 140 and 485.
Good luck to you all Guys
Sai