Massachusetts SESA Non-RIR Tracker

tsnaresh

Registered Users (C)
MA SESA NON-RIR Tracker

Hi,

Lets us track the NON-RIR cases.
Please post your NON-RIR case status with priority dates.

Here is my Info:

PD->04/27/2001

Filed the recruitment results in July 2002 and waiting for the Labor approval.

MA SESA Non-RIR

Approximately when did you receive the go ahead for recruitment and did you recieve anything before this.

MY application was sent in 6/02 (so I guess my PD is 6/02) but I haven't received anything from SESA.

According to SESA, cases between 8/14/01 - 9/1/01 are being processed.

So, tsnaresh, I think your case should
be forwarded to regional office.

MY PD is NOV-14-2001; EB3-Non-RIR

I had one question. Normally, how long does the process for recruiting takes> I mean is there any deadline in terms of time from SESA for that.

filing recruitment results

The SESA will mention the dead line for filing the results in their notice. Normally, you would (company) wait for 1 month (after advertisement) to get the applications and then process them.

So whole process could take about 2 months.

I think, SESA gives about 3 months to complete this process.

response from SESA
Hi skk02,

Sorry, I just noticed my response to your question hasn't been posted.

In my case it took about an year to hear from SESA on advertising/filing recruitment results. I think, I have received the case number and priority date withing 3 months (i.e. around July 2001) after filing the labor application with SESA.

My info

Non-RIR EB3 (IT job) PD 5/29/01

SESA 200113###
Received go ahead to recruit approx 12/01/02. Recruitment in progress, and will be wrapped up by the end of January, then it's off to Boston DOL.

-massDBA

Moved to Boston DOL

After 1 & 1/2 years finally.....

My company has received the notice from SESA, my application has been transferred to DOL as on 11/20/2002.

I hope DOL won't take same length of time to process.

Good luck to you all.

Thanks,

massDBA

What is your company/lawyers doing as part of the advertisement and recruitment. Please help with some high level tips on where all the ads should be placed etc etc.

I have to do the same and am not confident with what my company will do. So trying to be a little more educated and proactive on things to watch out for.

Thank you in advance

msdms,

My company ran a one day ad in Computerworld. And the job was posted in the "State Job Bank" whatever that is (I think that happens automatically by SESA but I am not sure). All the resumes are not in yet from Computerworld, but there appear to be under a dozen resumes. So I think mine has gone well.

Along with posting the job on a company bullitin board, apparantly the one day ad in Computerworld satisfies the government criteria for advertising. They are not obligated to run it in a daily newspaper (thankfully!). The only other tip that comes to mind is that the attorney should provide the company with guidance on contacting, interviewing and ultimately rejecting candidiates. There are some nuances so the lawyer needs to provide direction (for example telling candidates the offered salary can work to your benefit if it is below what applicants want). The most important thing is for the firm to contact applicants on a timely basis and not treat them unfairly.

As with many things it's best to be involved enough to know what's going on and making sure that the company isn't doing anything dumb. Best of luck.

Hi,
My case is EB3-Non RIR, SAP programmer job in a non-proft organization with 5000 employees in MA, no layoffs.

I am not sure if I understood the flow of documenst properly!
Please correct me if I am worng.
The first agency where we file is SESA (what is the relation between SESA and DET?), then they would ask us for advertisement, then they will send it to DOL(Boston).

My papers were filed with SESA in April 2002. My attorney says, we might be able to run ads in Jan or Feb and then it will go to DOL in April, and DOL might take 8 months to approve.
Is that realistic?

I learnt about a neighbor who applied in EB2-RIR in March 2002 and got approval from DOL last week!!

When I checked the status of RIR cases, it appears like Boston DOL is working on cases filed in April and May 2002.

Can I/should I ask my attorney to withdraw the application and try in RIR?

Thanks a lot for all the help, it is a great place with lot of info.

Right Now Mass is processing 11/19/2001 to 12/13/2001.
has anybody falling in these dates heard about recruiting from SESA?

Yes I did.:)
My priority date with SESA was 04/12/2002 and they asked us to go ahead with advertisement on 04/11/2003. Exactly one year for SESA Boston for Non RIR EB3 category.
I see that the date we see on this web site is 11-12/2001. My attorney did confirm that DET has moved fast in the last one month.
Good luck to every one.
Shridhar

Hi shkulkar,

Thanks for the info. I too got yes from SESA for adversising stuff and they gave me the deadline of 06/04/2003 for submittinf the recruitment results. Also SESA stated that the job is posted in the state jobbank. Do you have any idea when they will forward the resumes they got?

Guys,

After DoL has denied our waiver for recruitment, MA SESA has said that it is now going to process my application as non-RIR.
MY PD is June 10, 2002.

Any guess when I can expect to hear from SESA regarding starting the advertisement/recruitment process?

Many thanks.

Recruitment Results

Can anyone tell me how long the SESA takes to forward the case to DOL after the recruitment results are submitted?
Thanks