marrage based greencard for H1B holder

Hi,

Hi Sachin,

This is my question which I posted earlier and you replied too.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I had applied for adjustment of status in November, 2002. At that time my wife used to work in a college(Part time). After that she left her job because she moved to PA. Another reason for leaving the job was to finish the graduation. She is now not working anywhere. She completed her gradution in May.

Will this be a problem at the time of AOS interview?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said that I will need a co sponcer for my I 864(I 864A). So when do I have to file I-864A? At the time of AOS interview? Will they ask about it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Re: Hi,

If your wife isn't working at this time I am sure they will ask for another sponcer at the time of the interview.

You can get your father in law / mother in law / cousins (wifes) or friends to sign the I864A and you can then take that paper with you at the interview.

I think you can claim yourself as a co-sponcer but I am not sure about that one.

Let me try and find some more info on the I864A and I will get back with you.

HTH

Sachin

Hi Sachin

I have a quick question. I do not have my birth certificate so at the time of submitting I 485 documents, I had submitted my 10th's school certificate which had information about my date of birth. Is this enough? Will they ask about original birth certificate? I do not have it in India too. What are the other options I have in absence of birth certificate?

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Re: Hi Sachin

You do need a birth certificate. but if you can explain that the 10'th school certificate acts as a birth cert you should be allright. Give the Indian embassy a call and ask them what is an other option for the birth cert.

Application status

Hi,

I have applied for GC at Hartford (Connecticut) office. I got my EAD on last week of March but after that I haven't received any thing. I called the Hartford office and they told me that they can't give me the application status over phone.

Is there any way to get the status. Do you know how much time it takes after EAD to get an Interview call.

Please advise.

Thanks guys.

Hi Sachin,

Sachin,

I have a question. I am still waiting for my AOS interivew. I think I will have to visit india because of some reason. Could you please tell me which one is more safe? Advance payroll or H1 visa(while coming back). My H1 is valid till 2005 but if I go to india then I will have to stamp the visa. Also, my wife is US citizen and she will have to take visa for india. Which form she will have to file for getting indian visa and where? I am in the philadelphia so I beleive that she will have to file in philadelphia only?

How long it takes to get indian visa and advance payroll(for me)?

Regards,

Sonviraj.

SonViraj

Your best bet is to get an advanced parole. -- reason being you have a pending I485.

You need to fill the form I-131 and take it to your district office and depending on the urgency of the matter they can issue an advanced parole right there or maybe in a few months after you apply it all depends on ur District Office.

For your wife's Indian visa she can visit http://www.indianembassy.org to find more information on the visa forms etc.. she will have to send it to the Indian embassy in Washington , DC. (which has juridisction over where you live). It took me around a week to get an Indian visa stamped.

I hope this helps..

Sachin

Sachin,

I have heard that after AOS interview they normally stamp the passport(if everything is ok).

After stamping the passport do we need AP or the passport itself is more then enough for travelling abroad?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

once your Green Card is approved.. you will get an I551 stamp on your passport which serves as proof of permanent residence.

you donot need an AP after your I485 is approved.

Sachin

After AOS interview they stamp passport right away or it takes time? I have heard that INS have added some security checks.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

EAD expiring in March 04

Hi,

My EAD is expiring on March 17, 2004. I haven't heard anything from INS since I received my EAD on March 18, 2003. Please advise if I should contact INS office for any updates and also when should I apply for the EAD card renewal.

Thanks for the quick reply Sachin. I appreciate that.

Can I do this online. Also when do you think, I should apply for the EAD renewal (EAD expiring on March 17, 04).

Should I go to INS office and check the status first before applying for the EAD renewal.

Do you know how many days it takes for the EAD renewal.

Regards,

You can apply for it online its easy.. but make sure you call the 1-800 number and get an appointment for ur bio-metrics. You need to apply for the card now .. considering its expiring in March

it usually takes 60 days to process the application if u file it online

Re: Sonviraj

Did you get your plastic Green Card yet??

Originally posted by sonviraj
After AOS interview they stamp passport right away or it takes time? I have heard that INS have added some security checks.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin,

Yes I got my plastic green card after getting welcome letter two weeks ago.

Regards,

Sonviraj.