marrage based greencard for H1B holder

Thanks A Tonne

Hi Sachin,

I think you are right. In that letter they are only asking to bring the passport etc.

I will update the information. This site is really cool. Helping a lot of people.

Welcome back

Hi Sachin,

Today I had an appointment and I I got my EAD :) They gave me a card which says "EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION" after seeing my passport etc. I am also done with my fingerprint.

Many thanks to immigration.com!!!

Sonviraj.

A question

Thanks for prompt reply sachin. A quick question. My H1 is still valid? one of my friend told me that as soon as you get the EAD your H1 becomes invalid. The duration of validity of EAD is one year.

What AOS stands for??(As you said AOS interview)

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

Re: A question

He is referring to the EAD issued on an employment based I485 yours is a marriage based I485.

Your H-1B will be cancelled when your I485 is approved.

And AOS means Adjustment Of Status from a Non Immigrant to an Immigrant.

Happy Holidays

Sachin.

Is your wife a US Citizen of Indian origin?

family based gc

Hey Sonviraj
My case is similar to yurs--I too have applied at Philly for spouse based GC and have completed the FP on November 13th,02.I was wondering if yu or anyone in this forum has previous experiences with the approx time frame for processing at the philly for this kind of cases in the recent past----Any input would be appreciated.
Vedika

Hi

Sachin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my wife is US citizen of indian origin.

Vedika, In one of the letter INS says that normally this kind of application takes 10 months. So let see how long it takes in our case :)

Thanks and have happy holidays.

Sonviraj.

After long period!

Hi Sachin,

I have another question for you. I am done with my FP and got my EAD. Now my appartment lease is ending in april and I am planning to move to different place(same city but different appartment).

Do I need to inform INS about this? Because at the time of my AOS interview I have to show them our utility bills etc and now if I change the appartment, will it create any problem?

Thanks a tonne in advance.

Sonviraj.

Sonviraj or Sachin:
Did you hire a lawyer to file your GC application.
I am listing out the Forms needed for Family based -GC

a) Form I-130( do we have to file this if the spouse is in the US)
b) Form I-1485
c)G325A
d)I693 ( Does this have to be filed with the I 485)
e)Form I-864 Affidavit of Support
f)Form I-765 Authorization for Employment
g)Latest I -94

My sister and borther -in law live in San Francisco. Do they have to file the form at a local INS office or at INS CA Center. Please advise. Can either one of you correct the above list and add any details I am missing.

Hi

Hi Bapa,

I didnot hire a lawyer for this. I think there is no need of doing that. If you have all the information correct then it should be ok.

As far as the forms are concerned, list of forms you gave is correct.

Form I-130( do we have to file this if the spouse is in the US)
b) Form I-1485
c)G325A
d)I693 ( Does this have to be filed with the I 485)
e)Form I-864 Affidavit of Support
f)Form I-765 Authorization for Employment
g)Latest I -94

I-130 : My wife filed it for me. she is citizen and I am H1 holder.
I-485 : I filed this application.
G325A: we both filed this application.
I-693: This is I think medical exam. I submitted it with I-485 itself.
I-864 : My wife filed this form for me.
I-765 : I filed this application for EAD.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

One Clarification Sonviraj

I am a spouse of US citizen. I have already filed my I-485 thru my Employer for my GC. But Now I want to file thru my Wife who is a US citizen. So other than the INS forms do we need to send the documents that were submitted for I-485 that I filed thru my Employer? Can you list down the document that you submitted along with the INS forms.

Thanks in Advance,
Aravind

For My friend

Hi All,
I have applied for GC(family based) 3 weeks back. I submitted my papers personally to the Hartford INS office. That time they only gave me the Fee Receipt and after that till now I haven't received anything from them.
My question is does INS mail EAC #. I called them and they told me that INS does not give EAC #. I checked my bank account and the money has already been deducted from my account 10 days back. I know its been only 3 weeks but I just want to make sure if I am receiving all the required documents and just to get an idea from others about the processing time.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

for sureshais

Hello Suresh,
Did u fill up the form by Pen or you filled the form with PC and printed it?

Thanks
Aravind.

For My Friend again

I filled all my forms using Acrobat Reader. Does any one know how many days it takes to receive the EAD card. Some of my friends told me that it takes 2/3 weeks after the money has been withdrawn from the bank account. Any comments!!

Re: After long period!

Hi SonViraj,

sorry I havent logged on to the forum lately life has been busy.

Yes you should notify the INS of your address change in 10 days of your move.. you need to send the paper work to Washington , DC but I would also suggest that you send a copy to the Local INS office. If the office is closeby I would say have em make the change in person.

no moving wont create a problem at all.

Keep us informed

Sachin

Hi Bapa,

sorry for the late reply.

How did your sis and brother in law meet?? did she have to file the I129F (fiance visa) for him??

If yes then he dosent need the I693 (medical exam form again) if not he will have to submit the enitre I485 packet as you have listed .. along with the I130 (the I130 is an immigrant visa petition from a USC spouse to her alien husband)

All the papers go to the local office at San Franciscoand not at the Laguna Migel Service Center.

hope that helps

Sachin

Re: One Clarification Sonviraj

Aravind,

It's easier to stay with the employer I485 at this time.

If you file based on marriage to a US Citizen you will get a conditional green card (based on how long you guys are married at the time of the GC approval) and you would need to file I751 form to remove conditions which is a far more lengthy process if the marriage goes sore.

If you do decide to file based on Marriage to USC you will need to send all the papers to your local INS office. that includes the I130 / I485 (and all attachments) for your EAD / your medical / G325a's I864.

hope this helps

Sachin

Re: For My friend

An EAC number is assigned to a case that is sent to the Vermont service center as opposed to the local INS district office.

That small yellow reciept should suffice as evidence of your status in the US.

hang in there and you will get correspondence frm the INS soon.

do we need G325's

Hey Sachin,
since I am not going use attorney do we need G325 forms?? since I am already in H1 working for the company do I need to submit I-864 form (affidavit of support) filled by my wife?

Thanks,
ARavind

Re: do we need G325's

Aravind,

I am not following you. Has your company filed the I140 for you? or are you planning to file for permanent residence based on marriage to a USC?

If your spouse decides to file papers for you this is what you need to do

1. I130 Petition for Alien relative filled by your spouse
2. I864 Affidavit of support filled by your spouse
3. I765 Employment authorization document (work permit) by you.
4. I485 Application to adjust status to permanent resident by you.
5. I693 Immigration Medical for you
6. G-325A 2 copies 1 by you and one by your spouse

visit www.ins.usdoj.gov to find more info on that.

A G-28 as an attorney representation form. You wont need that in this case.

hope this helps

Sachin