marrage based greencard for H1B holder

I am on an H1 visa which expires in February 2005. There is no extension to be applied for as my company did not apply for my GC.

My wife is on GC and she submitted my I-130 in Oct'2002 in Texas. My wife is due for her citizenship in February'2005, sametime my H1 expires.

Has anybody had similar experiences ? What are my options for continued staying. I have not applied to Canada. Does that mean I have to go back to India during the interim phase ?

Thanks,

mperry

I have applied for the EAD renewal and hopefully I will get that in next 2 to 3 months.

My question is if my current EAD expires before I get the new EAD, will there be any issue....Do I need to fill any form for this.

Please advise.

Sonviraj,

First of all congratulations on getting the GC.....I have couple of questions regarding the Interview...Did they ask you for the co-sponsorship letter in the AOS interview...did you take that letter with you......What are the general questions they ask during the interview....

Thanks in advance

Hi newlondonct02

They just asked one or two questions to me and some questions to my wife. Questions were very simple like when did you met, how did you met, asked current address of my in laws to me and my current address to my wife etc. Within 15 minutes we came out with stamped passport!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi,

They did ask about the my wife's job status. Since my wife is not working currently so they asked me to submit my last 3 years tax return and this is it!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

You obviously had a legitimate marriage that was very well documented. Many interviews are not as easy. I have seen couples split up and questioned separately regarding which side of the bed each sleeps on, how may closets are in their apartment, what movie they last saw together, and many other questions.

They can be very easy but if USCIS gets suspicious you are in for a real interrogation.

Address Change

Hi,

Question :

1. I have recently changed my address (moved to the new place). How should I get this updated on my file. Should I call the local office or is there any form that I will need to fill for this.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

When will i get EAD/Green Card

My wife is a US citizen. I applied for the GC in LA district office. On USCIS site, currently they r processing_
- EAD - Jan 30, 04
- AOS - July 15, 03
The I-130 is processed by CA svc ctr & they r currently doing Feb 28, 03.
It seems that my I-485 will be picked up & processed ~4 months before I-130.

- I want to know that when my AOS will be complete & the Green card will be issued ??

a. Will the AOS /Stamping I-551 on Passport, be done soon after I-485 approval ???
b. Will the actual plastic GC be issued after I-130 approval ???

Hi newlondonct02

If you have changed your address then you will have to send form AR11 to kentucky office. I had send this form to my local office as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin

I have question about inviting my parents to USA. My parents are above 60 years and I heard that they don't have to attend any interview. I have also heard that there is drop box facilities in India. Can you please tell me

what are the forms I have to fill for them and how long it takes to get visa for them?

Do we need to take any insurance etc in India?

What is the procedure for applying through drop box facilities?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Please help

Hi, I live in Phoenix and my spouse is US citizen. I filed I-485 at the local office in Oct 2003 and did the fingerprinting in Nov 2003. After that, I did not hear from the local office. I am thinking moving to another city since Phoenix's I-485 processing time is very long - about 3 years. I am wondering after I get another job in another city, will my file will be get transfered to the new city? If yes, my filing date will be treated as Oct 2003 or the date I move to the new city?

Right now, I have EAD and also H1-B visa.
What if after we move, only me work, my spouse could not find a job?

Thank you very much for your help!

Affidavit of Support

I am on a H1B visa and got married to a US citizen.

I am now filing all the required forms and I have one question maybe somebody can answer:

Can I include myself on the I864 (Afidavit of Support) if my husband doesn't meet the required income? My income would qualify as I am working on H1B for 3 years now and I have all my tax returns.

I have read on the instructions that if I am staying at the same address with my husband for at least 6 months I can ad myself on the household income for the afidavit. Is this true?

Thanks

Hi rex70

If your husband's income is not enough then at the time of interview itself they will ask you to submit your one or two latest paystubs and they might ask for your last 3 years tax returns. In my case, my wife was not working and at the time of interview they asked me to sign I-864 and that is it!.

It works.

Good luck.

Sonviraj.

Afidavit

Thank you for your reply, sonviraj

I have read your postings from the beginning till the end of this tread. It looks like your wife had enough income to submit the initial Afidavit and her situation changed by the time of the interview.

My situation is a little different, because I will have to put myself on the household income from the beginning, on the afidavit of support, so both our incomes together would qualify as my husband doesn't qualify by himself. I have already attached 3 years of my tax returns and his also, and my last paystub.

My question was if I can do this (ad myself on that afidavit as a member of the household if I am also the sponsored immigrant).
It says on the instructions that as long as I have lived in the same house for at least 6 months I could do that, without any other co-sponsor.

If anybody in the same situation, or knows about that, please respond.

Thank you.

Hi Sachin,

I have a question for you. My conditional GC is expiring next year(october 3, 2005). I know that I have to file - I-751 for getting permanent GC. When should I file this form? Some places I have read that I should file it 90 days before expiration date( october 3, 2005) and some places I have read that I should file it 90 days before my second marriage anniversory.

After filing it, how long it takes normally to get permanent GC? If it takes more then one or two months, then will they provide any alternative on the basis of which we can travel anywhere?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Re: Hi Sachin,

You need to file your I751 90 days before the second anniversary of your conditional green card issue date (not your second wedding anniversary).

I don't have a time line for an I751 it can take any where from 6 months to 2 years. Once INS receives your I751 they will send you an I797 (which extends your conditional green card by 1 year). If you plan on traveling outside the United States you should take that notice to the local INS office and get an extension stamp.

Hope this helps

Sachin