• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

I think he said August. However, as much as he knows about the process I won't be surprised if he has the power to make someone current earlier, given that someone insists and has documented evidence of faith in him.

Last edited:
I think he said August. However, as much as he knows about the process I won't be surprised if he has the power to make someone current earlier, given that someone insists and has documented evidence of faith in him.[/QUOTE
I think he said August. However, as much as he knows about the process I won't be surprised if he has the power to make someone current earlier, given that someone insists and has documented evidence of faith in him.
Hi Sensi , he said that my interview will be in August . I was asking about when to expect my CN to be current ? Thanks

Hi Sensi , he said that my interview will be in August . I was asking about when to expect my CN to be current ? Thanks

And that's precisely what @Sensei-san pointed out that Simon already told you, you could possibly become current in August which is why your interview could possibly take place in August. He also went as far as indicate you will find out in June if your CN will indeed become current in August. Read between the lines!

I think there is some confusion between a number being current, and the time of publication of the relevant visa bulletin. That is - a lot of people say "I'm current!" when the VB is published, except they aren't - the VB has just indicated they will be current in two months' time.

And that's precisely what @Sensei-san pointed out that Simon already told you, you could possibly become current in August which is why your interview could possibly take place in August. He also went as far as indicate you will find out in June if your CN will indeed become current in August. Read between the lines!
Sorry Man i was just confused between my CN being current and the 2nd Letter and the interview times.Thanks alot :) .

Question:
If we'll be staying with friends in the beginning, is it necessary for them to give us an affidavit or a letter stating such fact? (They won't be at all supporting us financially, just offering us a room for a little while until we get settled in.) Thank you.

Question:
If we'll be staying with friends in the beginning, is it necessary for them to give us an affidavit or a letter stating such fact? (They won't be at all supporting us financially, just offering us a room for a little while until we get settled in.) Thank you.

Not quite necessary, but nothing wrong in having such a letter on hand. You don't present it at the time of the interview unless the CO requests to see any evidence of such.

Hello Mr Britsimon.
Today I just checked my status and it came with the following message and I haven't received any instruction what should I do next? I also self petitioned the form.

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us for additional information.

Many thanks

Hello Mr Britsimon.
Today I just checked my status and it came with the following message and I haven't received any instruction what should I do next? I also self petitioned the form.

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us for additional information.

Many thanks

That is a standard message that everyone sees, and is meaningless for DV cases. Ignore it.

The message doesn't signify that. So you might hear soon, but that has to do with when you submitted your DS260 and your case number.
Thanks for you reply it was back in early June.
Apart from DS260 online application and submitting it online was there any thing else to submit?
I thought I had to submit Alien registration form (DS260) and that was it.

Thanks for you reply it was back in early June.
Apart from DS260 online application and submitting it online was there any thing else to submit?
I thought I had to submit Alien registration form (DS260) and that was it.

No. Your case number?

Sorry Mr.Britsimon, Im a bit confused.
What I can remember was Case number was assigned from KCC when people were checking if they win a lottery with entrant check link.
Im not sure if understand your last sentence regarding submission of Case number?
When I login using my case number for Ds260 form it says that my form has been completed

thanks

Two important things for your case are:

1. Case Number
2. Date of submissions of your DS-260 application

Just post that here and someone will advise and inform you if you are going to receive invite for the interview soon...

Sorry Mr.Britsimon, Im a bit confused.
What I can remember was Case number was assigned from KCC when people were checking if they win a lottery with entrant check link.
Im not sure if understand your last sentence regarding submission of Case number?
When I login using my case number for Ds260 form it says that my form has been completed

thanks

Your case number is the number you see on your 2nl. It looks like 2015AF00012345. It controls the timing of your interview. So to show it here, just show it hiding the last 2 or 3 numbers like 2015AF12xxx

yes thats right I got 2015AS0005xxx.
I got this number since I realized I have been selected using entrant check link and it was under the bar code.
I'm hoping that I haven't missed any submission?:eek:

yes thats right I got 2015AS0005xxx.
I got this number since I realized I have been selected using entrant check link and it was under the bar code.
I'm hoping that I haven't missed any submission?:eek:

For now you just have to wait, just like me... Do not expect invite for interview at least for next month or two. It depends on Visa Bulletin, you can search that on Google and follow for future changes.