• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

yes thats right I got 2015AS0005xxx.
I got this number since I realized I have been selected using entrant check link and it was under the bar code.
I'm hoping that I haven't missed any submission?:eek:

OK - so you are not current yet. You will be current for a May interview - and that means you will get your 2NL (an email) in about 5 to 6 weeks time.

Anyone who is current in April already received 2nd NL?

Hi Mike: I'm current but haven't received the 2nd NL yet and when I check my entrant status I still get the old "You have been randomly selected for further processing..." message.

@Britsimon : I was reading around some posts and some people were talking of an "activation trip" to the USA before the end of September 2015 - if you want to stretch out your family moving...Can you practically do that? let's say trip to USA, do all your SSN stuff etc then fly back to Europe, get some extra time and then move back to the US? What's the max time you can stay out of the US? 6 months or 1 year (continuously)?

@Britsimon : I was reading around some posts and some people were talking of an "activation trip" to the USA before the end of September 2015 - if you want to stretch out your family moving...Can you practically do that? let's say trip to USA, do all your SSN stuff etc then fly back to Europe, get some extra time and then move back to the US? What's the max time you can stay out of the US? 6 months or 1 year (continuously)?

Yes - lots of people do that. You can stay out for up to one year without permission at any time as an LPR. During the first year that is particularly "understandable" and immigration officers are accepting of that and more relaxed about the normal (after the first year) need to show you haven't abandoned your status.

It doesn't have to be before the end of September 2015, just has to be before your visa expires.

Yes - lots of people do that. You can stay out for up to one year without permission at any time as an LPR. During the first year that is particularly "understandable" and immigration officers are accepting of that and more relaxed about the normal (after the first year) need to show you haven't abandoned your status.
Thanks @Britsimon ...my wife is way less stressed now! :)

if we received today the 2NL, when should we expect the email from the embassy?
i do not have my confirmation number in order to check what is written on that ESC page :(

if we received today the 2NL, when should we expect the email from the embassy?
i do not have my confirmation number in order to check what is written on that ESC page :(

How come you don't have your confirmation number?. Most embassies do not send out follow up email either.