• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

How come you don't have your confirmation number? Most embassies do not send out follow up email either.
We used an intermediary company, we didn't know then about the official site of DV or that this company isn't a partner of US State... This problem is very popular in our country. Only 1 out of 10 people reach the embassy interview by themselves, everyone else- due to this company...which charges a lot for their services. Our US embassy uses to send the emails with the details of the appointment. I just thought this happens everywhere...

We used an intermediary company, we didn't know then about the official site of DV or that this company isn't a partner of US State... This problem is very popular in our country. Only 1 out of 10 people reach the embassy interview by themselves, everyone else- due to this company...which charges a lot for their services. Our US embassy uses to send the emails with the details of the appointment. I just thought this happens everywhere...

What country is that?

Oh dear. So you didn't check the initial selection letter yourself either? I guess you will need to wait for the agent to let you know then... Have you at least seen a copy of the initial entry to ensure that all details were correct?

Also what do you mean by "Our US embassy uses to send the emails with the details of the appointment"?

What country is that?
:D Moldova
Oh dear. So you didn't check the initial selection letter yourself either? I guess you will need to wait for the agent to let you know then... Have you at least seen a copy of the initial entry to ensure that all details were correct?

Also what do you mean by "Our US embassy uses to send the emails with the details of the appointment"?

When we found out that we've been selected, we emailed our embassy explaining our situation. They gave us our case number, so we could proceed with our DS formular without addressing further to that company. The initial entry had all the details correct.

Knowing the situation, the US Embassy in our country sends an email to everyone who has an interview appointment scheduled by KCC, confirming the appointment and providing additional information about all the documents supposed to be presented, etc.

When is updated the information about the appointment scheduled, on XXXXXXX ?

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Moldova

When we found out that we've been selected, we emailed our embassy explaining our situation. They gave us our case number, so we could proceed with our DS formular without addressing further to that company. The initial entry had all the details correct.

Knowing the situation, the US Embassy in our country sends an email to everyone who has an interview appointment scheduled by KCC, confirming the appointment and providing additional information about all the documents supposed to be presented, etc.

When is updated the information about the appointment scheduled, on XXXXXX ?

Wow - that sounds like a bad situation. The agents are controlling things badly - so yes you should contact KCC.

But look, KCC sent you an email - right?

So - you should be able to retrieve your details at this link. https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/Secure/RetrieveConfirmation.aspx

You enter name, DOB and email address and you get your confirmation number. With that number you can log in to the system and get the 1NL/2NL.

The website you posted is NOT an official website - and I am deleting it from your post as I don't want to help those people....

Wow - that sounds like a bad situation. The agents are controlling things badly - so yes you should contact KCC.

But look, KCC sent you an email - right?

So - you should be able to retrieve your details at this link. https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/Secure/RetrieveConfirmation.aspx

You enter name, DOB and email address and you get your confirmation number. With that number you can log in to the system and get the 1NL/2NL.

The website you posted is NOT an official website - and I am deleting it from your post as I don't want to help those people....

Thank you a lot for the intention, but...
No, i am not able to retrieve any details, because this company (as we found out later) created an email for us, and this email was used by them to submit our initial DV form, and then provided us an invented confirmation number (more looks like an inventory number for their business than for our case). So we have no valid information except the name of the winner and of the dependents, date of birth, etc.

That website I posted is the US Travel Documents Customer Portal, it is an official site, our embassy created an account for us, and provided us the username and password to access it. It is the way of schedulling interviews for any type of visas.
Any way, I understood- we are a strange country :)

Meanwhile I checked the forums in my country, it seems the embassy will send all of us an email in 1-2 weeks from now...so waiting continues

No, i am not able to retrieve any details, because this company (as we found out later) created an email for us, and this email was used by them to submit our initial DV form, and then provided us an invented confirmation number (more looks like an inventory number for their business than for our case). So we have no valid information except the name of the winner and of the dependents, date of birth, etc.

That website I posted is the US Travel Documents Customer Portal, it is an official site, our embassy created an account for us, and provided us the username and password to access it. It is the way of schedulling interviews for any type of visas.

Meanwhile I checked the forums in my country, it seems the embassy will send all of us an email in 1-2 weeks from now...so waiting continues

Not to beat a dead horse here - but you got the email 2NL just a short time ago - right? That means that is the email address that KCC has....

Not to beat a dead horse here - but you got the email 2NL just a short time ago - right? That means that is the email address that KCC has....
Yes, because we provided it while completing the DS260 form. In the DS form they ask for an email address, and mention that this will be the address for further correspondence (do not remember exactly how it was written). But when I try to get my confirmation number via the website you wrote using my email (at which I just received my 2NL), it does not work, because they ask for the email I provided in the initial entry- the DV form, an email address which I do not have, as I wrote previous.

Yes, because we provided it while completing the DS260 form. In the DS form they ask for an email address, and mention that this will be the address for further correspondence (do not remember exactly how it was written). But when I try to get my confirmation number via the website you wrote using my email (at which I just received my 2NL), it does not work, because they ask for the email I provided in the initial entry- the DV form, an email address which I do not have, as I wrote previous.

Interesting. I would have thought they would only send the 2NL to the original email address.

What an interesting story! If you contact KCC either by phone or email using your case number, full name, and date of birth, they'll provide you with your appointment details (i.e. Date and time). You should do that at least for now to know when your appointment is and get prepared accordingly.

There is a section onthe ESC website that helps you retrieve details. Otherwise pay the agent or better luck next time.
In a country where the monthly average wage is less than 200$, paying that company 5000$ for a family is too much...

What an interesting story! If you contact KCC either by phone or email using your case number, full name, and date of birth, they'll provide you with your appointment details (i.e. Date and time). You should do that at least for now to know when your appointment is and get prepared accordingly.

Thank you. Already emailed KCC, waiting for the answer.

Nicola, kindly read the last 3 pages of the Kenyan thread.
See how agents can and do mess up
You need to sit down with your agent before the interview.

My opinion. is that you strive to know how the agent filled the initials entry- ensure that they did no make fatal errors.
Your country appears yo have a very considerate embassy so keep engaging them as you try to contemplate your chances.
Wish you well