March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

thanks TKD! :) we were interviewed at the LA district office. i got my welcome notice in the mail today, it says the GC should be arriving in 3 weeks.

i hope and pray we all get our GCs soon so we can all move on. :) i used to have my own business back home, so once i find a job here, it'll be my first time to work. EVER. :) for somebody else that is. goodluck to me then. and whoever hires me. haha! :)

I am hoping to become an enterpreneur once I get the green card :).... yeah good luck to all of us!

got my EAD today. hopefully the GC follows soon. enjoy the long weekend everybody. :)

3/5 - sent out packet through our lawyer
3/11 - packet received by USCIS
3/15 - checks cashed
3/19 - FP letter for 3/31
3/31 - FP done
5/13 - first email about EAD card production
5/17 - second email about EAD card production
5/20 - interview -- APPROVED!!
5/21 - first email about GC prod'n
5/26 - second email about GC prod'n
5/26 - email sent for EAD approval notice, and notice in the mail for my husband regarding approval of my petition
5/27 - welcome notice received
5/28 - EAD received

I received my EAD card today too. It took almost 18 days since i got my first EAD card production email.

Advance Parole Approved

Just got the text and email that my I-131 is approved. Hope I can receive the mail and the card soon. Although the interview is next Friday, it is such a relieve that I can finally travel for the summer at least :)

EAD Card Ordered

Seems like USCIS finally looked at my case... Later today I received another email about the EAD card has been ordered, it's under"document production" now.

The travel document is still under "post-decision activity". I really hope I can get it soon so I can travel in the summer.

request for additional evidence

My mother-in-law's I-130 was approved on 4/20. FP is done on 5/17 at Newark,NJ. When I check the case on-line today, it is saying that additional info was requested on 4/28. How even we did not receive any letter from INS. How can I contact IO @ INS via phone (numbers)to get clarified on this?

BTW: I485 and I130 were filed separately

I also received my EAD Friday June 4th. Going to social security office on monday. Cannot wait. Congratulations to everyone else who received news. Gotta prepare for interview as well

I am a March 10th filer for I-130 & I-485. I have not received my IL as of yet and was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. I did my FP on April 8th.

Best wishes to Ca-guy, singh57 and Zicomania for the upcoming interviews in the next 2 days. Do update us when u guys get a chance.

Updated interview list -
5/25 -TKD --- DONE
6/07 -Ca-guy
6/08 -singh57 and Zicomania
6/11 -Oro
6/14 -Jason79
6/27 -nick8844
6/21 -Scipio Marcus
6/28 -AC1228, NJBug
6/29 -gentle guy, newid123
6/30 -atlbutterfly,Lad13

I am a March 10th filer for I-130 & I-485. I have not received my IL as of yet and was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. I did my FP on April 8th.

Where is your DO GEQ75? Interview dates depends on how backed up the local office is, so dont worry.

All the best to Ca-guy, singh57 and Zicomania on your upcoming interviews!

I have not received a CPO or my I485 approval yet, but I got I130 approval letter on Friday, though my online status for both I130 and I485 still show initial review, so I know the online system is not even reliable. However, I am wondering why the Baltimore office is so slow in sending my I485 approval and why my EB3 I485 is still showing up in the online system, I thought it will be denied by now, but I dont even want to get worried or panic about it. If I dont hear anything in 30 days, I will take an info pass since the IO told me all was well.

NOTHING except a doc saying "Further Review"

We went to the interview yesterday with all our documents wedding photo albums etc. Interviewer seemed nice but it seemed like she was very busy and was interrupted by someone during the interview.
So she stepped out of the room for a few minutes. After she got back - she asked us very basic questions - how much $$ we have in bank, when we first met, when we took our trip, if we visited our parents
etc. Then she said - we should get in the mail what we need to do next. She gave us a paper that had "Further Review" box checked. When asked what should we do, she said not to worry etc. But she didn't
say what they wanted, we had all our docs with us.

So now the painful wait and anxiety continues...hopefully it's something minor like someone else needs to push the button that says approve.

oh well...will keep y'll posted.

NOTHING except a doc saying "Further Review"

We went to the interview yesterday with all our documents wedding photo albums etc. Interviewer seemed nice but it seemed like she was very busy and was interrupted by someone during the interview.
So she stepped out of the room for a few minutes. After she got back - she asked us very basic questions - how much $$ we have in bank, when we first met, when we took our trip, if we visited our parents
etc. Then she said - we should get in the mail what we need to do next. She gave us a paper that had "Further Review" box checked. When asked what should we do, she said not to worry etc. But she didn't
say what they wanted, we had all our docs with us.

So now the painful wait and anxiety continues...hopefully it's something minor like someone else needs to push the button that says approve.

oh well...will keep y'll posted.

Congrats CA-guy, just keep hope alive and dont worry!!!!

Just got back from my interview, lasted about 25 mins apprx. Was asked for my naturalization, military ID, birth certificate first.... then proceeded to see more docs proving we stayed together for last 6 yrs of being married. asked us questions about each others families, etc. what do we have in common, etc etc. then asked me questions about how she came, when where, her DOB etc, proceeded to her for the yes/no questions on her I485, then asked her question about my family etc. Saw the huge marriage album with about 1000 pics, just ran thru 5-10 pages randomly. asked us if she cud make copies of few pics, we told she cud keep a few. Then we were told we wud receive a mail in 30 days/. She being an asian, it was bit tough to understand her at times. as far as i remember, she said we will receive the mail....she did not use the word "approval" or maybe it was obvious. I was hoping then would stamp my wife's passport with the GC then and there....but nevertheless I hope we did OK. :)
Also, she kept my wife's I94, is that is any kinda indication?

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was approve on the spot today, the IO stamp my permanent residence on my passport, said i should receive the green card in the mail. The interview was very smooth and alot of chat..I will post my experience on here soon...But what a relief!!!!

03/03/2010...Day 1 Application for I-485,I-130,I-765 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
03/04/2010....Day 2 Package Delivered to Chicago lockbox
03/12/2010....Day 8 Check Cashed
03/15/2010....Day 11 Received NOA x3 in the mail (Dated 3/11/2010)
3/19/2010.... Day 15 Biometric Fingerprint Appointment received (Appointment date 4/6/2010)
3/22/2010.....Day 18 Biometric done Walk in
5/5/2010......I-765 EAD Expedite
5/7/2010......I-765 EAD Card Production Order mail
5/8//2010.....Interview Letter Received for (June 8)
6/8/2010......Interview Approved on the spot(Stamp permanent Residence of my passport)

Congrats Ca-guy, singh57 and Zicomania on your interviews.

Ca-guy, further review might just be some further action from their end as opposed to yours (hopefully). Did you get any email or see any change of status on your uscis page?
Singh57 - it seems that is a good indicator that she is approved, since she cannot travel without the i-94 :)

both my I485 and I130 were touched today, though the status is still "initial review"........waiting for a formal GC prodn email to relieve the anxiety!!