March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

Hello everyone. Today was my interview at the USCIS office in Newark NJ. Our appointment was at 9am. My husband and i arrived around 8:30ish. We waited for about 20mins, and we were called by a middle age hispanic man. He was very serious from the beginning. First we took the oath, and then he proceded to ask me for my EAD, passport and social security card. Then, he asked me for my I-94 and the passport i used to come in the country. Unfortunately, i lost my old passport, so he only took my I-94. He asked to look at our pictures. We brought two photo albums with our pictures. He looked through them quickly. He only took a quick look at our wedding pictures. Then, he asked me to go to the waiting room because he would question my husband alone. My husband says he was asked how we met, why we got married, who were my parents (they are my I-864), how he will support me (since he just got accepted into graduate school). He also asked about my siblings. I waited outside for about 15mins. He finally called me in. I thought he would also question me alone, but he didn't ask me anything. He asked for my birth certificate and my husbands. Then, he asked me to answer the famous yes or no questions. I answered no to all those. He kept a few of my wedding pictures and told us to wait outside. He came out after a few minutes and told us our application was going to be further reviewed. So.....i really hope i hear something from them soon. I won't be able to rest in peace until i hear something. I hope NJBug had better luck than me, since i know she was interviewed today in the same office.

AC1228, don't worry too much. I think your interviewer might not have the authority to grant your permission right there. That's probably why he had to wait for further review with his supervisor or someone. As long as you two have provided enough evidence (such as your wedding pictures) and you are not trying to make a fraud, there is really no reason for them to reject you. I totally understand your feeling though. It's a torture not knowing for sure. From reading this forum, I recall most of the people who were under "further review" had eventually got approved within 1-2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys it's been a while since I came to this forum but am glad for everyone who has been successful. We just had our interview today but the guy said he would have to review our file and make a decision. He was not really friendly as we tried to crack a few jokes to lighten the mood but we answered all his questions. We were not separated. Am worried because he didn't even bother to look at the evidence we had brought in, he just looked at the pictures. He gave me back my work permit and traveling document but kept my I-94 document. Am really freaking out! Just out of curiosity, won't I need my I-94 if I travel outside the U.S. while the case is still pending?

AC1228, don't worry too much. I think your interviewer might not have the authority to grant your permission right there. That's probably why he had to wait for further review with his supervisor or someone. As long as you two have provided enough evidence (such as your wedding pictures) and you are not trying to make a fraud, there is really no reason for them to reject you. I totally understand your feeling though. It's a torture not knowing for sure. From reading this forum, I recall most of the people who were under "further review" had eventually got approved within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks NJbug and TKD. I'm glad i have this place to write about my experience with people who have gone through it. I hope to hear something soon. We did provide all evidence and pictures. I guess we'll see what happens :) Congratulations NJbug by the way! and i hope your move goes well!

Hey guys it's been a while since I came to this forum but am glad for everyone who has been successful. We just had our interview today but the guy said he would have to review our file and make a decision. He was not really friendly as we tried to crack a few jokes to lighten the mood but we answered all his questions. We were not separated. Am worried because he didn't even bother to look at the evidence we had brought in, he just looked at the pictures. He gave me back my work permit and traveling document but kept my I-94 document. Am really freaking out! Just out of curiosity, won't I need my I-94 if I travel outside the U.S. while the case is still pending?

Don't worry too much about it, you will be okay whether he was friendly or not. Yes you will need your I 94, but hopefully you will get ur gc by then

hello everybody,
thanks for all your help.
i had my interview today and everything went perfectly :)
it was suppose to be at 10 am but they called us after 11am even tho we got there like at 9.45.
we had a really nice lady that was pretty kind to us from the begging.
she asked us for our ids and the very first question she asked was "are you going to finish school soon?" and i said "in about a year"; after that, she started asking about how we met, we told her the story and then she asked for the pictures; she took a look to our photo album and asked who was in the pictures.
Then, she asked me if i have supporting documents such as bank statements, so i gave her all i had.
she also asked my how is my relationship with my step son (who live with us) and then she just said "ok, ill recommend to approve you (or something like that) and you will receive your card in about 2-3 weeks" and that was it... this took like 15 minutes :)

i just check online at USCIS in my case status and it is already in the "Document production" step :)
im so exited
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THIS FORUM and ALL ITS PEOPLE :D ;)
and good luck to all of you who will have the interview soon

Card Production Orderedl

Don't worry too much about it, you will be okay whether he was friendly or not. Yes you will need your I 94, but hopefully you will get ur gc by then

Thanks for your encouragement TKD. I think I worry too much. I got a text earlier about my case has been updated and when I checked online, I had gotten the "card production ordered " email. And my status has updated to "Document production or Oath Ceremony". We have been approved!!! Thank you to everyone in the forum for all your help and encouragement. I got most of my information from here actually.

All the best to those who still have to attend their interviews or waiting to hear the decision.

Thanks for your encouragement TKD. I think I worry too much. I got a text earlier about my case has been updated and when I checked online, I had gotten the "card production ordered " email. And my status has updated to "Document production or Oath Ceremony". We have been approved!!! Thank you to everyone in the forum for all your help and encouragement. I got most of my information from here actually.

All the best to those who still have to attend their interviews or waiting to hear the decision.

Did you get your approval notice? I got the "card production ordered" email same day as you and my DO is also Atlanta. I haven't received anything yet.

Hi Everyone,

So my lawyer contacted me yesterday and told me she received a notice saying my case was approved. I can finally be at peace. I recently moved to a different state and i changed my address yesterday with USCIS. I checked my case status online, but so far there aren't any updates. I found it weird that my lawyer received a notice and there are no updates online. Oh well..i guess i will have to wait to receive more news :)

Did you get your approval notice? I got the "card production ordered" email same day as you and my DO is also Atlanta. I haven't received anything yet.

Yes I got the approval Notices about 2 days ago. There was 2 of them one for me for the I-485 and one for my husband for the I-130. Hope you have received yours by now.:D

Can someone assist. I saw in someone's signature they used USPS Pririoty Mail to post their I-130. Do you post this to the relevant POBOx address for your state or is it the other address in the instructions that is for courier/express deliveries (USCIS, Attn: FBAS, 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor, Chicago IL 60603-5517)??

If it is to the POBox address, what additional USPS cost do you then buy to see that your package was delivered properly - is it "Delivery Confirmation" or would it be "Return Receipt"? I see Return Receipt needs the recipient's signature but how is this possible when you are sending the package to a POBox?? Please let me know!

Yes I got the approval Notices about 2 days ago. There was 2 of them one for me for the I-485 and one for my husband for the I-130. Hope you have received yours by now.:D

Yes I got mine yesterday. Let me know when you get the actual green card, I'll do the same. We have the same DO and got approved same day so we should be receiving the card around the same time :)

Can someone assist. I saw in someone's signature they used USPS Pririoty Mail to post their I-130. Do you post this to the relevant POBOx address for your state or is it the other address in the instructions that is for courier/express deliveries (USCIS, Attn: FBAS, 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor, Chicago IL 60603-5517)??

If it is to the POBox address, what additional USPS cost do you then buy to see that your package was delivered properly - is it "Delivery Confirmation" or would it be "Return Receipt"? I see Return Receipt needs the recipient's signature but how is this possible when you are sending the package to a POBox?? Please let me know!

Filing instructions can be found here: http : // www . uscis . gov / i-130. I filed concurrently with I-485 so I sent both to USCIS, P.O. Box 805887, Chicago, IL 60680-4120. I used USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation. You will get a tracking number to track the package till delivery. Cost me $5.60 :)

Hi everyone,

Just curious as to how long it will take for my husband to get his GC.

Nov 2007 - filed I 130
Jan 2010- Case moved to NBC
June 2010 - Petition approved.

I am a LPR been here since 2006.

I received my Green Card last week, July 2nd, 2010.

Day 1.....Mailed I-130, I-485, etc 03/29/2010
03/31/2010 Day 2.....USCIS confirming receipt of application.
04/12/2010 Day 14...Received NOA
04/16/2010 Day 18...Received biometrics letter for 4/26
04/26/2010 Day 28...Biometrics is done
05/19/2010 Day 51...Received IL for 6/17
06/17/2010 Day 78...Approved with the approval notice letter and Permanent Resident Stamp on passport
07/02/2010 Day 93...Green Card received