March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

jason79

Registered Users (C)
We had been collecting our paper work for over a month now, finally mailed the packet out to the chicago lockbox via priority mail today.

All the best to everyone.

I received emails from USCIS with receipt numbers today. It also mentions that my case has been routed to the NBC for processing. I guess that is the normal procedure with family based applicants.

No receipt yet :(

You are really lucky, I sent both my I130 and a new 485 (had a pending EB3 one before marrying a US citizen) to the chicago lockbox, they received it on March 1st. However I have no form of acknowledgement except that the USCIS cashed the check for my I130, they have not cashed the other check for the 485 or 864. Did both your checks get cashed yet?

You are really lucky, I sent both my I130 and a new 485 (had a pending EB3 one before marrying a US citizen) to the chicago lockbox, they received it on March 1st. However I have no form of acknowledgement except that the USCIS cashed the check for my I130, they have not cashed the other check for the 485 or 864. Did both your checks get cashed yet?
Did you submit a form G-1145,E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance with your package too? I got an email notification because of that form. The checks i sent haven't been cashed yet.

from my experience and from what i've read on this forum, it takes about 14-15 days to receive NOAs. Hang in there:) good luck with everything

When I sent our applications to Chicago it arrived on a Monday and wasn't receipted till that Friday. The receipts where postmarked on that Friday, but I beleive it wasn't place in the mail until the following Monday. We received the receipts in the mail on the Wednesday after they where receipted. My signature timeline might be able to help you.

The receipts come in an envelope with the National Benefits Center address in Lee's Summit, MO. However, if you look at the postmark then it is Chicago zip code. I believe it was one receipt per envelope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received emails from USCIS with receipt numbers today. It also mentions that my case has been routed to the NBC for processing. I guess that is the normal procedure with family based applicants.

The routing to NBC is normal. Your paper official receipts should be received in the mail by the middle of next week.

Rejection notice!

So I just got a notice of rejection for my I485 because of incorrect fee. I sent the application with a fee of $1010 (for biometrics and 485) and another check of $70 for the I864. I called the customer service now, and the man told me that the rejection was because I submitted a check of $70, I apprently should not have been paying for that. But the instructions on the form confused me! arghhhh! So i guess I am going to send my 485 package back now with only a check of $1010.

Did you send a single check for your I485 and biometrics fee or did you send them separately?

How do I put my timeline on my signature?

That sucks, so did you get the rejection notice in mail ? and are they sending your package back for you to resubmit by just taking that one extra check out?

I sent 2 checks, one for form I-130($355) and the second one for form I-485 and related forms (ONE check of $1010).

To create/edit your signature, log in to your account, click on the settings option in the top right corner of the screen. On the settings page, you can see the signature option on the left hand side menu.

Good luck to all the applicants of March, 4 months ago I was on your shoes... Follow my updates on November and December 2009 files.

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview – pending
Mar 8th APPROVED
Mar 11th Stamp on my passport

TKD,

I am so sorry for you.

Send one check for the I-485 in the amount of $1010. Make the check payable to US Department of Homeland Security. In the memo line you should put down the applicants name, A# if known or date of birth. I would recommend to also include a copy of the I-130 receipt notice so they hopefully will match the I-485 with the I-130. So, you can get an email or text message when they accept your I-485, I would recommend you send along G-1145.

I know how you might be confused with the $70 noted in the I-864. The $70 fee is paid to the US Department of State to process the form ONLY when the applicant for the green card is applying outside the US for an immigrant visa. The fees to process an I-864 for applicants doing adjustment of status is included in the I-485 fee.

Good luck to all the applicants of March, 4 months ago I was on your shoes... Follow my updates on November and December 2009 files.

You all are life savers! Better than lawyers...
They sent my entire 485 package and forms back, so I will send them a new check of $1010 tonight, put all the details (name, A# etc) and a copy of my I130 receipt notice too. I will also submit the G1145 form so that I can get email updates.

Thanks people!

Oh, TKD. I see your location is Baltimore. I am in Maryland and our interview was in Baltimore. I will send you a private message on this forum to sum up our experience.

F-1 AOS paperwork Married to My love start dating in college since 08.

03/03/2010...Day 1 Application for I-485,I-130,I-765 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
03/04/2010....Day 2 Package Delivered to Chicago lockbox
03/12/2010....Day 8 Check Cashed
03/15/2010....Day 11 Received NOA x3 in the mail (Dated 3/11/2010)
3/19/2010.... Day 15 Biometric Fingerprint Appointment received (Appointment date 4/6/2010)
3/22/2010.....Day 18 Biometric done Walk in

So I just got a notice of rejection for my I485 because of incorrect fee. I sent the application with a fee of $1010 (for biometrics and 485) and another check of $70 for the I864. I called the customer service now, and the man told me that the rejection was because I submitted a check of $70, I apprently should not have been paying for that. But the instructions on the form confused me! arghhhh! So i guess I am going to send my 485 package back now with only a check of $1010.

Thats pretty rough. Must have been a lazy application checker. Usually they just send you back the $70 check . The I-864 form is phrased badly regarding the payment. You need only pay if you are sending it to an american consulate in a foreign country.

Thats pretty rough. Must have been a lazy application checker. Usually they just send you back the $70 check . The I-864 form is phrased badly regarding the payment. You need only pay if you are sending it to an american consulate in a foreign country.

i was surprised to hear that too. I had the same thing happen to me and they just returned back the 70.

Here's mine -

03/11 - Reciept of I130, I485, I765, I864EZ, I131 (Sent with an extra $70 check though :))
03/12 - Application recieved.

i was surprised to hear that too. I had the same thing happen to me and they just returned back the 70.

Naas - Looking at your signature, i think our cases are similar(copy of I-130 receipts). What RFE did you get for your I-130?