• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

Documents

Hi,
I'm samy from Egypt I have some urgent questions, please i Need ur help:
I live in South Korea for more than 14 months ago for studying with my Wife and son.
1) for the Police records: It should be issue from Egypt or from the country that i live now (Korea) ?????
2) For Military records: I have never served in any military, so what sould i do for that. I just have a copy (not original) from the Egyptian military that i excepted from the service, my question i should present it (copy not original) or i will not mention any thing about this document. and if they will ask me about it what should i say in my case??? for your information the winner is not me is my wife.

3) I have univerisy degree, I will present my Bachelor degree certificate......Is it enough????

Samy, congratulations!
Are you DV-2013 or DV-2014 winner?
Why don't you read instructions (follow link) on your winning confirmation?
They're pretty clear and straight forward.
Does your wife have Bachelor degree as well?
Good luck!

Did they ask you for Affidavits of support?

For the DV lottery you should use the I-134 form (this is mentioned in the DV-2010 instructions on the travel.state.gov website).

from same link you have provided it says: (Looks like conditional)
Diversity Visa Program: Visas provided are drawn from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. Unlike other immigrant types, Diversity Visas (DV) do not require a U.S. sponsor, and therefore a petition is not needed.

Step 2 - After the immigrant petition has been approved (excluding DV applicants) by USCIS, then the next step is preliminary processing for a visa with the Department of State, National Visa Center. Visit Immigrant Visa Processing – the National Visa Center for information related to:

Affidavit of Support
Required applicant documents (i.e. birth certificates, police reports, marriage/divorce certificates, etc.)
Medical Exam/Panel physician information
Interviews

Dv loterry program - is my daughter elegible?

hello !

I would like to know if my daughter 32 years old, its elegible to the USA dv lottery visa program or not???
She was born in Bogota, Colombia. Her father is Colombian and her mother is Venezuelan. When she was born both parents were living in Colombia and I (the mother) was a legal resident in that country. She was registered at the Venezuelan Consulate in Bogota as a Venezuelan and the family moved to Venezuela when she was 22 months old. The Venezuelan Constitution says that she is Venezuelan as if she was born in Venezuela. She has both nationalities, Colombian and Venezuelan. Is she eligible or not? Thank you so much !!

hello !

I would like to know if my daughter 32 years old, its elegible to the USA dv lottery visa program or not???
She was born in Bogota, Colombia. Her father is Colombian and her mother is Venezuelan. When she was born both parents were living in Colombia and I (the mother) was a legal resident in that country. She was registered at the Venezuelan Consulate in Bogota as a Venezuelan and the family moved to Venezuela when she was 22 months old. The Venezuelan Constitution says that she is Venezuelan as if she was born in Venezuela. She has both nationalities, Colombian and Venezuelan. Is she eligible or not? Thank you so much !!

Her nationality doesn't matter, only her place of birth. If Colombia is not an eligible country then she can't enter, unless she is married to someone who is from an eligible country.

Maria la local,

Does your daughter's birth certificate show she was born in Colombia? If yes, she should go ahead and charge to Colombia. Forget about what nationality she is or what the Venezuelan constitution says. Chargeability is based on country of birth/ nativity, not nationality.

Maria la local,

Does your daughter's birth certificate show she was born in Colombia? If yes, she should go ahead and charge to Colombia. Forget about what nationality she is or what the Venezuelan constitution says. Chargeability is based on country of birth/ nativity, not nationality.

Colombia is not eligible, which I presume is why she is looking for an alternative.

dv 2014 need help

dear all

I'm new here and i have some question if you can help me ....

now I'm preparing my Ds 230 part 1 and 2 and DSP-122 to send to KCC
and 2 photo (my i send the photo that i applyed for lottary or i will do the new one )
and what about the barcode (is that one that it desplayed when i check on status check for dv 2014)
a read it but i would like to be sure

thank you in advanced

dear all

and 2 photo (my i send the photo that i applyed for lottary or i will do the new one )
and what about the barcode (is that one that it desplayed when i check on status check for dv 2014)

thank you in advanced

1) Use a recent photo. Your entry photo is more than 6 months old and is not acceptable.

2) Yes. The barcode page is the one displayed at the status check page.

dear all

thank you in advanced
Congratulations
Tell me why so late ?

I sent the same photos which I used during initial entry. I hope that does not cause any problem.

1) Use a recent photo. Your entry photo is more than 6 months old and is not acceptable.

2) Yes. The barcode page is the one displayed at the status check page.

I sent the same photos which I used during initial entry. I hope that does not cause any problem.

Unless ur face has changed big time ! They won't really worry, and u will have
To take new photos with u to the interview anyway , and they will still take their own inside the ambassy. so don't u worry at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are told to get fresh photos get fresh photos, its not rocket science. Why would you put your visa at risk for not following basic instructions.