• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

List of documents required for GC

Does anyone know how much time I now have to collect money by saving up, towards the interview? I mean, I'm SO scared that I will not have enough time to collect enough money for paying the fees at the interview...
DV 2012 interviews start on 1 October 2011, so you still have at least 5 months before the interview. When you have the interview depends on your case number. The higher the number, the later your interview will be. You can look at old visa bulletins to estimate when that will be.

Thank you for your replies! I will start browsing through everything tomorrow. :) And sorry for not realising that the answers might already be somewhere within this forum. :eek: I'm sure to check that in the future before I rush to post something! I already have more questions but I'll hold off until I'm sure I can't find answers anywhere else. :p Cheers! It's great to have a forum like this filled with people who are familiar with the process. Makes me feel not so alone.

I've heard some people show I-20 as a prove of a capability of living in America.
But that's not so common also.
I am currently a graduate student (F-1 visa) and get stipend from my University to support myself. However, I don't have a huge bank balance to show. What documentation should I bring to my interview (I opted for CP) to prove that I will be able to support myself?

I am a DV winner for year 2011 and I use to make inquiry to KCC about my processing and they use to answer only one as the same before ..but until now it is 11 mths , I have not receive any notification letter for visa interview .....
could I have any hopes ???????

You should watch the visa bulletin to see whether your case number is current. If it is current you must ask KCC for the interview details. You still have till 30 September for the interview.
I am a DV winner for year 2011 and I use to make inquiry to KCC about my processing and they use to answer only one as the same before ..but until now it is 11 mths , I have not receive any notification letter for visa interview ..... could I have any hopes ???????

Marriage at the Notary Office

Hi,

I am married to my partner at the notary office couple of years ago and we have a 19 month daughter. We are both Greek citizens. In Greece, we are recognized as a married couple (with the exemption of filing a common tax return form, or sharing our public health/pension insurance-so in case one of us dies, the other wouldn't be entitled to receive the other person's pension).
Any way to cut the whole story, we both applied for the dv-2013 (not selected) and the dv-2014. We ticked the married box, I recently spoke to an American lawyer dealing with immigration visas (looking into applying for H-1B or an O1) and I was told that in the US we are not considered as a married couple. Hence, I would need to go on a tourist visa.
Q.: was it faulty to tick the married box on the dv- lottery application? I thought I had to include my husband and our daughter once we are legally recognized as a married couple in our country...

Help/Advice Needed!

I am a DV2013 selectee from Africa and the whole Affidavit of Support is a little confusing so here's my question:

My "sponsors" on my form are listed as my aunt and uncle (both US citizens) i.e. I will be living with them therefore I have provided their residential address.

However on DS-230-Part II I have indicated the petitioner as myself i.e. I will be financially sponsoring myself as I do not require a financial sponsor in the US as I have sufficient resources in my current country of residence as I am self-employed.

I have indicated myself as an entrepreneur/investor on my form as I do not plan to seek employment in the US but rather be self-employed.

QUESTION - do I need to go through the whole effort of the I-134 form or can I simply present my original personal bank statements and original company bank statements/annual returns/audited accounts and have a written affidavit from my parents who are the company directors that they will support me if required at the time of the interview?

Any advice or information is highly appreciated :)

Police Certificate question.

I have a concern regarding one of the DV Immigration requirements which is the "Police Certificate". I completed my unviersity engineering degree in Jordan from the period 2002 till 2007, I lived my life in Kuwait and I just used to go to Jordan only for the semesters purpose. The maximum period I used to stay there is 4 months then I come back to my country of residence Kuwait between the semesters.
Now, Do I have to get a police certificate from Jordan ?
Your help is highly appreciated.

CN : 2013AS00004***
Entry Dated : Mid. of Oct 2011
1st NL Received :1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC: 9th May 2012
2nd NL : 12 Jan. 2013
Interview : XX Mar. 2013

We are in the simillar boat...As I remember you must show police certtificate from that country where you had been living more than six month....we have been UK 2 times, but do not reach eitther period the six month, just 5 month....si If I were you I do not worry about it! Anyway, when we sent back the forms to KCC has been indicated.
Good Luck To You!

if you listed Jordan as a place where you lived more than s6 months (one of the points in application) then you have to get you police certificate. But if you didnt (and i believe you didnt) then you shouldnt worry about it :)

Thanks Juicee and Diecka for your replys :)
Diecka.. Yeah I remember this question and I didn't mention Jordan as one of the places.
I think I don't have to worry much, Thanks for both of you :)

Thanks Juicee and Diecka for your replys :)
Diecka.. Yeah I remember this question and I didn't mention Jordan as one of the places.
I think I don't have to worry much, Thanks for both of you :)

Hi,

Please pay attention to the instructions :

If you spent more than 12 months in Jordan (not necessarily consecutive period of time) then you must submit police certificate from Jordan. If you spent there a total of less than 12 months then you do not need the police certificate, unless you got arrested there for any reason.

When the Applicant Needs a Police Certificate

IF the applicant…AND…THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from…
is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 monthsis 16 years old or olderthe police authorities of that locality.
lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 monthswas 16 years or older at that timethe police authorities of that locality.
lived in a different country for more than 12 monthswas 16 years or older at that timethe police authorities of that locality.
was arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived therewas any age at that timethe police authorities of that locality.

Best of luck

Dear enchevetrement,
So for my case I have to obtain Police Certificate from Jordan ??
What is your source of the information you provided ?
Do you have an official link ?
Thanks a lot.

I am confused now, about the replies regarding my inquiry. I can't decide if I have to get police certificate from Jordan or not ? Please experts need your help.

Police certificate

Dear enchevetrement,
So for my case I have to obtain Police Certificate from Jordan ??
What is your source of the information you provided ?
Do you have an official link ?
Thanks a lot.

Hi mohanned

For the official instructions click on the word "instructions" in my answer above
The link is :
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

According to my understanding, if you spent more than 12 months of your life, after age 16, in another country that is not your country of nationality then you need the police certificate from that country. In your case, if you spent more than 12 months in Jordan then you need the police certificate from there.

Please see the official instructions. The instructions start here
Instructions for Selectees then go to step 3 "Step 3: Obtaining Your Civil Documents"

Highest degree certificate and marriage.

I was (surprisingly) asked at interview (London):
1. Highest certificate of education. I prepared high school docs as per Instructions for Selectees: Civil Documents. But, of course, I prepared my Master degree certificate as well (and copy).
2. Marriage certificate - for me and for my wife - 2 certificate! What a surprise! We are normal and have only 1 marriage certificate. Hopefully we had additional copy (with translation).
So, be prepared!
Good luck!

help pictures

hello i want to now if the pictures that we need to send whit the forms. we need too write the CN en every pictures ?