Lets start with Feb Filers

Seattle DO

congrats, seattle is rolling, you are the second one ive heard of besides me in the last week or so. if funny though how you and the other one got it after me but your ID is before mine. :(

:confused: :confused: I have given up on trying to figure out a logic timeline: I've also received mine on Friday, that goes to show that either they do not have many filers in Seattle or that the process of sending IL's is totally random!!!

Thanks guys. Seattle timeline does seem weird :rolleyes:, but I can complain since most of us got our ILs. It's about a month away from my interview, I'm excited and also a little bit nervous, but there is nothing to worry since I got nothing to hide, just be prepared to have all documents and paperwork ready.

For those seattle filers who have not got their ILs, I hope they get theirs soon.

Be Faithful!

congrats everyone on ILs. specially seattle filers, seems we had the longest wait. anyways, is anyone else here filed with an attorney that will be joining them to the interview. we did because my case was not all that straight forward. i am really not all that worried about the interview. im sure it will go great.

oh yea supertd what is the exact day of your Interview.

Hey js I filed with an attorney as well... and for the same reasons that my case isn't clear cut... it's not marriage based though.

The only thing that needs to be proven is that I am grandfathered into my mother's original I130 back in 1995 under 245i... a case that I aged out of, but still benefited under the 245i clause to adjust status in 2002 as an out of status alien (I am after all from a different planet)... other than that, I shouldn't have to worry about demonstrating to the officer that I am the son of my mother at the moment of the interview :)

It's getting scary, less than a week now!

I'll let you all know how it goes even though it probably won't help too many of you as you are for the most part marriage based applications.

hey js360, my interview day is Oct 24. Just about a week before yours. Hopefully Seattle IOs are nice.

Be Faithful!

hey js360, my interview day is Oct 24. Just about a week before yours. Hopefully Seattle IOs are nice.

Be Faithful!

well when i went for my naturalization interview, the DO was super nice, friendly and funny. But thats just one of them, and i dunno if the DOs do interviewing for both or just on type of application they specialize in. exactly one month to the day tomorrow for us.

Thank you thank you... and yes that is what I am worried about myself, I just want to hear I am approved.... and on top of that if my FBI namecheck is done, the lawyer says I should also be stamped same day.

well the interview went good I guess... 2 minutes... if that... although I was very disappointed... I worked out in my head a few scenarios that could possibly happen.... and expected everything but what I've just been told... the FBI name check is done, and that everything is fine, BUT that there is another related file that has to be double checked before approving the application.

That file was another case I opened... even the officer could not tell that much. I filed two I130s, one under my father and the other under my mother. My mother so happened to get her citizenship first, so that was the case we used... so they have to check the other I130 before approving my case... you'd think all this would be done by now, but nooo... they really wanna make me suffer!

So anyway I came out of the interview with the now infamous "a decision on your case will be made within 60 days" :)

The waiting game resumes lol

itll be fine, yea the wait sucks, but alteast you should be done everything now, and now it really just is a wait and thats it. and one day soon youll have green card in hand. congrats, to me it seems like everything went ok.

thank you js! it's just frustrating how the whole process has been... and they repeatedly screw my case up.

My case has been nothing but wait up to 60 days to wait for another up to 60 days. I can only hope this will be the last 60 days.

I really just wanted to put this behind and move on... focus on other things I have put on hold simply because I haven't had the head for them.

Well I'll cheer up and wait :)

Cestlavie,
When we came out of the interview, the lady told us that our case is submitted for further review and a decision will be made in 60 days .... ( she gave us a little print-out saying this )

and yet, quick quick I received my GC in the mail.

Just watch your mail carefully, and open every envelope. this thing is not marked and looks rather plain, it's easy to mistake it for junk-mail.

All the best!

ty Feb08... very uplifiting message... yeah I hope that's the case... I'm just losing faith here... it's been depressing that I waited over 3-4 months for a second RFE that apparently never existed, and now another 60 days for something they have done ahead of the interview... no wonder why it takes forever for a case to go thru... if I removed all the useless wait, my case could have been approved in 3-4 months.

But gotta keep my chin up and hope for the best!

fed08 did they update your case online or not at all reflecting your interview date or saying you were approved? Mine still shows that I am waiting for a second RFE from April 2nd. I tried calling but they have no idea I even had an interview, or that my namecheck is complete.

I take it once the case goes to the local DO for the interview and beyond, and is handled by the officer there, it no longer gets updated online?

interview documents questions

Our interview is coming up in about two weeks. We are doing preparation for the interview, and came up with a couple of questions for those who had interviews already. Affidavit of Support (I-864) was submitted while filing I-485. I remember including joint sponsor’s tax return, W-2, and passport when submitting I-864, but not pay stubs and letter from sponsor’s current employer. So I wonder if I need to bring letter from joint sponsor’s current employer and pay stubs to interview? Petitioner’s US passport proves citizenship and birth date, is petitioner’s birth certificate still required for interview? Thanks a lot for helping me out with these questions.

Be Faithful!

supertd, they did ask for letter of employment and updated tax returns for joint sponsor, but it would be a good idea to also include a year to date earnings or recent paystubs just in case. I'm sure this is all at the discretion of the officer.

birth certificate of petitioner is still required.

Interview Preparation

Our interview is coming up in about two weeks. We are doing preparation for the interview, and came up with a couple of questions for those who had interviews already. Affidavit of Support (I-864) was submitted while filing I-485. I remember including joint sponsor’s tax return, W-2, and passport when submitting I-864, but not pay stubs and letter from sponsor’s current employer. So I wonder if I need to bring letter from joint sponsor’s current employer and pay stubs to interview? Petitioner’s US passport proves citizenship and birth date, is petitioner’s birth certificate still required for interview? Thanks a lot for helping me out with these questions.

Be Faithful!

superTD: I have read almost all interviews posted in this forum from 01/08 to 09/08 and I know of a few cases in which they asked for birth certificate. I have both birth certificates (applicant+petitioner) in my megafile of documents along with originals of all the documents that I used to file both the I-130 and the I-485. I do not recall any cases of people talking about the paystubs, but since it says somewhere in the letter to bring them I'm taking them. I think that it's better to have x-tra, not required documents, than facing the possibility of having to bring something you didn't think you'd need.

Best of luck in your interview. Please, after the celebration and all (I'm sure you'll get your GC) post your experience and let us know how nice/not-nice seem to be the people from the Seattle DO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both cestlavie104 and kirkland. I think it's better to have More than Less. I need to ask my joint sponsor for her employment info then. Less than two weeks from now until our interview, it's getting close. For sure I will post my experience after the interview. This forum has given me a lot of help and resources since the first day I started preparing the application.

Be Faithful!