Lets start with Feb Filers

lintas1

Registered Users (C)
I saw few threads tracking the timelines...Thought I can start with Feb timelines. My application will be sent tomarrow....Anyone in same boat, please join

Good luck to all February filers!

And here's a question for all of you to get started, for I-864 is your sponsor submitting a brand new 2007 tax return as "most recent tax year" or a 2006 return? At what point would you think the most recent tax year would have to be 2007?

Good luck to all February filers!

And here's a question for all of you to get started, for I-864 is your sponsor submitting a brand new 2007 tax return as "most recent tax year" or a 2006 return? At what point would you think the most recent tax year would have to be 2007?

Very good question...........really very important
Good luck Feb filer

Hi there..I just have one quick question

I sent in my AOS forms on Jan 10th...still haven't recieved a reciept, is this normal??

Last edited by a moderator:
my lawyers will be sending package for my wife and son tomorrow or thursday. we are signing everything tonight. and to the first question, i am sending my 2007 t4, but not 1040, as i usually get extension to file, i am not filing 2007 yet therefor i will not send it, but if by interview i have filed, i will prob have to take it.

i signed all my docs and gave all info to lawyer last night, he said they are mailing everything out tonight. the wait begins.

Mailed complete package couple of days back :)

DO: San Francisco, CA

I-130/485/693/864/751/131 mailed on 2/11/08 :)

i can only hope my lawyer sent it on 2/6, i emailed him asking when he sent it but he hasnt replied yet. ill call him tomorrow. mine HAD to be at USCIS by 2/8 the latest for my wife and son not to fall out of status

i can only hope my lawyer sent it on 2/6, i emailed him asking when he sent it but he hasnt replied yet. ill call him tomorrow. mine HAD to be at USCIS by 2/8 the latest for my wife and son not to fall out of status

OH boy....its cutting close....You dont want to deal with out of status issues

Hi- I've been reading these forums for awhile but i decided to reister so that i can start to share my journey with others!

I tied the knot yesterday and I hope to have my forms ready in time to be a late febuary filer :). I will be in the Baltimore DO.

i hope you get all your paper in order and join us feb filers. there is not too many of us, maybe we will get fast processing.

i hope to have them ready in another week or so.
Can i file only for the EAD and not do the AOS right now?
I work on my OPT EAD but that will expire in may- our money is quite tight so i wanted to do that application on its own until i can affor to do the AOS- but i don't know if its possible?

i hope to have them ready in another week or so.
Can i file only for the EAD and not do the AOS right now?
I work on my OPT EAD but that will expire in may- our money is quite tight so i wanted to do that application on its own until i can affor to do the AOS- but i don't know if its possible?

You can not file for the EAD or the Advance Parole UNLESS you are filing for AOS (i-485) at the same time.

My papers are being filed today. and now the wait begins.gave my lawyer the checks for DHS today afternoon and she said she is mailing them out today.

Thanks Pretorian...i did go do some research after i posted and realised that:(

My job is preparing my H1B paperwork as we speak and i wanted to get that filed as a back up but i guess i will be doing the whole AOS package complete with EAD & AP next week.

Question: this is my first year of really working so i have just recieved a W2- I have no old tax returns etc - how does this affect my package in terms of the I-864 and I-864 A forms. My husband is just out of the military and doing his MBA full time- he doesn't work so i am thinking we may have to do that supplemental income form...???

Thanks Pretorian...i did go do some research after i posted and realised that:(

My job is preparing my H1B paperwork as we speak and i wanted to get that filed as a back up but i guess i will be doing the whole AOS package complete with EAD & AP next week.

Question: this is my first year of really working so i have just recieved a W2- I have no old tax returns etc - how does this affect my package in terms of the I-864 and I-864 A forms. My husband is just out of the military and doing his MBA full time- he doesn't work so i am thinking we may have to do that supplemental income form...???

For I-864 you only need the sponsor's (husband's) tax returns. If your husband doesn't have current income, either he can include your income on I-864 if it will continue from the same source after your AOS (and you need proof of your income and that it will continue). If he only includes your income, no I-864A is required. If he includes income from certain other household members, I-864A is required. You can also get a joint sponsor, and you can also include your assets (need 3x the difference in assets to the income you're missing to reach 125% poverty line). My guess is that if you're on OPT you might have a difficult time to prove your current income will continue beyond your OPT expiration, until your H-1B gets approved (and H-1B approval is months away!).

My understanding is that it only has to be timely filed (not timely received) so that the period of authorized stay is extended by the application. Be sure to retain proof of filing. Of course, USCIS has no knowledge when you filed it, but if they ever intend to declare your wife and son out of status, you have proof of your timely filing.

THANKS austriacus !

What would your suggestion be withregards to that last issue you pointed out (the OPT)?

I have a job letter stating my current salary and once I recive the EAD card I can work beyond my OPT-not so? I am hoping that if I submit everything this month my new work card will be ready at around the time my present work card expires- May 20th.

Yes - definately give me your opinion.I have made copies of my present OPT card to include with my application.