Late Sept/early Oct filing timelines

InfoPass experience in Memphis

I scheduled an infopass for today to check on the status of my EAD.

The whole process went quite smoothly - my appointment was at 8:00am and I showed up a few minutes before and was out by 8:05am.

The immigration officer I spoke with was quite helpful - at first, she said she was going to call the NBC but then realized that it was less than 90 days since my receipt date and the NBC would not accept calls if it was less than 90 days since the RD. She sent an email to the NBC requesting them to expedite the EAD and the reason given was that my H1 is expiring soon.

She also took my phone number and said she would call me back as soon as she gets a reply from the NBC (she said usually in 3 days or so).

I really need that EAD and hope it shows up soon!

No LUDs on my EAD since 10/20/2006...

imhopeful said:
I scheduled an infopass for today to check on the status of my EAD.

The whole process went quite smoothly - my appointment was at 8:00am and I showed up a few minutes before and was out by 8:05am.

The immigration officer I spoke with was quite helpful - at first, she said she was going to call the NBC but then realized that it was less than 90 days since my receipt date and the NBC would not accept calls if it was less than 90 days since the RD. She sent an email to the NBC requesting them to expedite the EAD and the reason given was that my H1 is expiring soon.

She also took my phone number and said she would call me back as soon as she gets a reply from the NBC (she said usually in 3 days or so).

I really need that EAD and hope it shows up soon!

No LUDs on my EAD since 10/20/2006...

The immig. officer called me today and said that she received a response from the NBC that they were going to "take out and process my case". The NBC did not indicate how soon they might do this ...

Alas, there is hope yet!

If my EAD does not show up in time, can I still be employed (leave of absence??) while I wait for the EAD to show up or will my employment need to be terminated? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

imhopeful said:
The immig. officer called me today and said that she received a response from the NBC that they were going to "take out and process my case". The NBC did not indicate how soon they might do this ...

Alas, there is hope yet!

If my EAD does not show up in time, can I still be employed (leave of absence??) while I wait for the EAD to show up or will my employment need to be terminated? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
It'll have to be terminated. You can't go on a leave if you're not legal to work. They'll terminate you and they'll re-hire you as soon as you have a card (EAD or GC).

I got a LUD on my I-130 and I-485 today. I don't really think these LUD's mean anything though :)

My RD is September 22nd, and I've recieved the interview letter for January 24th, 2006 the day before yesterday.No EAD though:( I really need it to get NYS diving license.

Got 3 emails saying

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 15, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeeaaaah!!! My biometrics notice came today!!!!!!!!!!!

After I had given up any hope to ever get this notice, it came. And it didn't come from the National Benefits Center - it came from my local office in San Jose! They must have figured out that the NBC screwed up, and now they want me to get my biometrics done any time before Jan 2nd :) So nice. I'm going tomorrow since they're open on Saturdays :)

Wow, what a relief! :)

browngirl said:
Got 3 emails saying

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 15, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.
Congratulations!!! :)

Jewel12 said:
Yeeeaaaah!!! My biometrics notice came today!!!!!!!!!!!

After I had given up any hope to ever get this notice, it came. And it didn't come from the National Benefits Center - it came from my local office in San Jose! They must have figured out that the NBC screwed up, and now they want me to get my biometrics done any time before Jan 2nd :) So nice. I'm going tomorrow since they're open on Saturdays :)

Wow, what a relief! :)

Great!!!!
I am happy for you that it finally came.

Received 3 emails from CRIS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 18, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this
I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any
instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call
customer service.

I am assuming this is the EAD card. Am I correct?

Browngirl...what was your RFE? and is it safe to say that without one you would have received EAD 1 month prior?

velli said:
Browngirl...what was your RFE? and is it safe to say that without one you would have received EAD 1 month prior?
RFE was for my husband's job letter, tax returns and pay stubs. Initially my lawyer sent in last 3 years' tax returns and most recent 3 pay stubs for the I864.
I don't think I would have received my EAD earlier as my ND is about current if you check NBC dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD approved!

Am I a happy camper or what!!!

My EAD was approved this morning - received an email from USCIS saying that "card production has been ordered..."

Funny sequence of events...
12/19 @ 6:00pm: Post message on forum re: options for H1B expiring and no EAD yet
12/19 @ 6:30pm: Setup InfoPass for 12/20 @ 9:00am to check on EAD status
12/20 @ 8:45am: Receive email re: EAD approval while driving to InfoPass appointment
12/20 @ 9:00am: Meet with USCIS to thank them for the Christmas gift instead of checking on status!!!

Thanks all for your inputs...

interview notice

hi folks,
I got my interview notice the night we got back from my in-laws' home in NH for Christmas. However, no EAD or AP. I'm not sure if I need EAD. I was an F-1 student and am still a graduate student (working on campus). Anyways, I'm posting my timeline for your reference.

NC
10/19/06 (day 1) Sent to Chicago I-130, 485, 131, 795, 694
10/20/06 (day 2) RD
10/25/06 (day 7) ND
10/27/06 (day 9) Checks cashed
10/28/06 (day 10) ND in the mail
11/17/ (day 30) FP appointment received (code 3)
FP scheduled to be taken on Dec. 6 but did walk-in FP on Dec.2
12/21/06 Interview Notice Date
02/06/07 Interview date

Our interview dates are coming soon!!!!

I wish good luck to everyone.

But now celebrate holidays!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

Please, let keep that thread alive, especially after interview