NC
10/19/06 (day 1) Sent to Chicago I-130, 485, 131, 795, 694
10/20/06 (day 2) RD
10/25/06 (day 7) ND
10/27/06 (day 9) Checks cashed
10/28/06 (day 10) ND in the mail
Still no FP :(
no change of status on line but the dates were updated on 11/07/06
I've been waiting for my FP for 2 months already! Well, almost :)

I have read the new EAD guildelines on USCIS website, here:http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ElimI688B_081806R.pdf

From what I understand, if you get a request for INITIAL evidence (and since I'm not one of them lucky people, I did get that one :) ), your 90 EAD days start over from the date they receive your RFE. Mine was received on Oct. 27, so I guess, I can just sit back and relax till January 27 and not even think of calling or making an Infopass about my EAD. However, if the RFE was for ADDITIONAL evidence, the clock just stops for the period of time from the RFE issue date till the day they get it, and the time preceding the issuance of that RFE counts towards those 90 days. Nothing is said about the FP appointment, but that initial evidence RFE may as well delay that too - why not?

Lily124, you are still within the reasonable timeframe, and believe me, I know what it is to be frustrated with this waiting :( I hope you won't get any RFE's and maybe your FP letter is already on the way! :)

Good luck!! :)

Jewel12 said:
Was your case transferred to California Service Center or to a local office? If the former, you have a 90% chance of not getting an interview. K-1 is the best visa to reunite with someone you love, that's for sure! :)
It's the CA service center. I'm in Portland

Where is the difference between inital and additional RFE's? Wow, they requested i-864 from us (we send them a different affidavit, i-134) and that probably counts as initial evidence. Wow, this is really frustrating. I never got an email about 765 though, and it still says online the receipt date was October 19th. The requested RFE was received on November 2nd. I don't know what to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Providence, Rhode Island

Hi is there anyone going through this living in Providence or RI??

Just want to compare timeframes..

Thanks...

Here is mine:

annabor said:
I just wanted to start a thread for people who filed recently to see how things are progressing.

St. Petersburg, FL

I485/I130/I765 mailed 10/20/06
RD: 10/23/06
ND: 10/27/06
FP ND: 11/13/06 recieved 11/15/06
FP appt.: 12/06/06

J-1 → B-2 → married USC
DO: San Diego, California
09/05/2006 (01): RD
09/12/2006 (08): Checks cashed
09/12/2006 (08): ND
09/15/2006 (11): NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765
09/19/2006 (15): Fingerprint and Biometrics Appointment letter for 09/26
09/21/2006 (17): LUD I-485
09/25/2006 (21): RFE letter received by me
09/26/2006 (22): Fingerprint and Biometrics done
10/18/2006 (44): RFE response mailed
10/24/2006 (50): RFE response received by USCIS
10/24/2006 (50): LUD I-485
10/31/2006 (57): ND for interview
11/03/2006 (60): Interview notice received (Interview day - 12/08/2006)

Holy moly, I got an interview letter in the mail today!!!!!! :) 2 months after I submitted my application!! Our interview is Jan. 3 :)

However... They made a typo in my address, and I'm so glad the mailman knows who I am, and put it in our mailbox. I called Customer Service to correct that, and they said it's gonna be okay, but I'll have to ask the IO at the interview to make sure it really is.

I also haven't been fingerprinted, and the CS lady said that most likely they will send me for the fingerprints after the interview. Beautiful. That means, even if we get approved, we'll have to wait for my background check to clear!

But I'm not complaining - man, it's really going fast!!! I only regret two things - we won't have filed our joint tax return before the interview, and - and it really sucks!! - it will be before our 1st anniversary, and we won't have wonderful pictures from that fancy restaurant we're going to to show the IO :(

But it's still fine :)

thanks

Jewel12 said:
I've been waiting for my FP for 2 months already! Well, almost :)

Lily124, you are still within the reasonable timeframe, and believe me, I know what it is to be frustrated with this waiting :( I hope you won't get any RFE's and maybe your FP letter is already on the way! :)

Good luck!! :)

First, I would like to congratulate you for your interview appointment, Jewel. Exciting! Thanks for your encouragement. I got my fingerprint appointment today. You were exactly right that it WAS indeed on its way. hehe. so happy. at least it gives us a little big heads-up for getting AP to travel on our honeymoon right after Christmas.

everybody, it's really a good thread. KEEP IT UP!!!Thanks for your support and suggestions.
I noticed the code is 3. don't know what that means. it shows my I-485 number and I-765 number. Does this mean I will be taken fingerprints for these two forms?
Will I expect to take another fingerprint appointment for another form? I saw some folks have fingerprints taken 2 times.
Would you think it's helpful if we get a walk-in to get my fingerprints taken in order to speed up the process?
Thanks in advance!

Please look at this thread for the meaning of ASC code: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=205744

As I mentioned in my other post, I don't think walk-in earlier would speed up your process according to my timeline. However, different DO might operate differently.

lily124 said:
I noticed the code is 3. don't know what that means. it shows my I-485 number and I-765 number. Does this mean I will be taken fingerprints for these two forms?
Will I expect to take another fingerprint appointment for another form? I saw some folks have fingerprints taken 2 times.
Would you think it's helpful if we get a walk-in to get my fingerprints taken in order to speed up the process?
Thanks in advance!

Jewel12 said:
Holy moly, I got an interview letter in the mail today!!!!!! :) 2 months after I submitted my application!! Our interview is Jan. 3 :)

Congratulations!!!!!!! Goodluck! :)

Thanks, folks! :) You are all great!

Lily124, congratulations on your FP appointment! I'm still waiting for mine here :)

My LUDs did not change but my message changed.

I485 states that case processing has resumed and I should receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date they received my RFE response and my case is at the Missouri Service Center.

I130 and I765 states that case received and pending and that my case is at Missouri Service Center.

No LUD

My apps have not been updated in a month! Kinda concerned ... is that normal?

I did notice that the NBC (as of 11/17) is now processing EADs with a receipt date of 8/29/06. As of 10/30 they were processing EADs from 8/15/06.

Jewel12, Congratulations on your interview! Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am kind of concerned too. Mine has not been updated from 10/10. I am also H1B married to USC from Washington, DC DO

andyjpa said:
I am kind of concerned too. Mine has not been updated from 10/10. I am also H1B married to USC from Washington, DC DO

Congrats Jewel!!! Maybe that mean you won't have to worry as much about the FP notice :) No change on my LUD at all and nothing in the mail. I need to be patient! :rolleyes:

imhopeful said:
My apps have not been updated in a month! Kinda concerned ... is that normal?

I did noticed that the NBC (as of 11/17) is now processing EADs with a receipt date of 8/29/06. As of 10/30 they were processing EADs from 8/15/06.

Jewel12, Congratulations on your interview! Good luck...

It's normal. Sometimes they don't get updated at all. You can call the 1-800 number just in case...but please be advised they're woefully incompetent...once a while u get really helpful people...most often they just read the same stuff on the website to u.

Interview letters depend on the District Office not necessarily RFE's...although RFE's tend to slow the process down a bit. I'm sorry to burst ur bubble but from current timelines at the Memphis DO...u should be in for a relatively long wait...or pray things get better in terms of processing at Memphis...it's the same in the DC area.

As at now, they're interviewing folks with notice RD's in March of 2006.

Yeah I know it sucks..but relax...hey, at least there's a high percent chance ur namecheck'd be done by the time the interview's up.