Late Sept/early Oct filing timelines

Advance Parole approved

Happy New Year to all!

My Advance Parole was approved on Friday, 12/29!!! I can finally be paroled out of "jail"!!! I have never been out-of-status in the US and am planning a trip abroad at the end of January ... anyone have any trouble using an AP document to travel? Any tips/suggestions? Thanks!

imhopeful said:
Happy New Year to all!

My Advance Parole was approved on Friday, 12/29!!! I can finally be paroled out of "jail"!!! I have never been out-of-status in the US and am planning a trip abroad at the end of January ... anyone have any trouble using an AP document to travel? Any tips/suggestions? Thanks!

To be pedantic, you have now acquired the permission to be paroled INTO the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
lost in the process

HI,
my I-485 was submitted to the Nebraska Service Center and accepted for processing Mar 2006. And.. it has been more than 10 months so far, and we have't heard a thing, no fingerprinting notice, no interview appoinitment, no request for additional documentation... NOTHING!!!!. I tried to call them, they sent me a response to your inquiry letter saying "We are actively processing your case. Please be patient." You can guess what I wanted to say and do when I got that letter.

How do I find out whether the namecheck had been initiated? Or how do I find out any information about my case?
Thanks

yy13 said:
HI,
my I-485 was submitted to the Nebraska Service Center and accepted for processing Mar 2006. And.. it has been more than 10 months so far, and we have't heard a thing, no fingerprinting notice, no interview appoinitment, no request for additional documentation... NOTHING!!!!. I tried to call them, they sent me a response to your inquiry letter saying "We are actively processing your case. Please be patient." You can guess what I wanted to say and do when I got that letter.

How do I find out whether the namecheck had been initiated? Or how do I find out any information about my case?
Thanks
Maybe you need to go for Infopass?!!
Have your checks been cashed?

I still haven't received interview notice yet. I'm the slowest on this whole process. :(
Plus I'm not sure my DO is atlanta, GA anymore. At first by searching USCIS website, I found the closest DO is atlanta. (I live in South Carolina, charleston is 5 hours away and atlanta is 2 hours). Then I was sent to north carolina for FP. When I called the help line, I was told I will get interviewed in Greer, SC. But when I tried to make INFOPASS appointment, Greer shows "not available". Lucky me. USCIS website really sucks with contradictory info that confuse me.

chloeguo said:
I still haven't received interview notice yet. I'm the slowest on this whole process. :(
Plus I'm not sure my DO is atlanta, GA anymore. At first by searching USCIS website, I found the closest DO is atlanta. (I live in South Carolina, charleston is 5 hours away and atlanta is 2 hours). Then I was sent to north carolina for FP. When I called the help line, I was told I will get interviewed in Greer, SC. But when I tried to make INFOPASS appointment, Greer shows "not available". Lucky me. USCIS website really sucks with contradictory info that confuse me.
Sorry for delay in your process
I am sure you will get notice in the mail soon

Hello Everyone! I feel really guilty because I have not posted here in a while. With the holidays - I just got distracted. :)
I want to wish those that are still waiting - all the best, it will come through. Those that got approved - Congratulations!
My interview was on 12/15 and it took all but 7 minutes.
We got there about 15 minutes early and stood outside in line for about 4 minutes and then they called us in. We went through security and were ushered through a hallway into another waiting area. There was only one other couple waiting. We waited for another 5 minutes before the officer called us.
We walked into his office and he asked us to sit down. He then made us swear to tell the truth. We did. He asked for our ID’s and looked through all the paperwork I had submitted and then confirmed my name and address while marking the paperwork. He asked when we first met and then asked my husband where he was born.
Next thing he asked for was one document showing both our names. I had a long list of items so I had him select what he wanted and he picked the joint credit card copy. Then he started talking about the conditional green card. (At this point I did not want to say a word because I was too scared to talk!!) He told me it is only valid two years and explained the process of getting the 10 year card. He then asked for my passport and told me he was giving me a one month stamp that I could use to travel if I wanted to, although he said I would get the actual card in 8 days. (I was really surprised he wanted to stamp my passport because I have noticed they do not do that anymore - I had intended on asking for it)
Then he said congratulations on becoming a permanent resident. I was elated to say the least!!! I wanted to scream and jump up and down - but I could not. I started to get up then he asked
"Don’t you want to know how to get your citizenship?" So I sat down while he explained that. When he was done, he shook our hands and walked us out. The Interview did not take more than 7 minutes.
I got my green card a week later.
I really want to Thank everyone on this website because I could not have done it without you. Your help in filing, sending those documents was invaluable! Each and every story I read really helped me in making sure I sent the correct documents so I think we must continue to share to help those behind us.
Thanks Again.

By the way -
I never did get any email updates from USCIS but after my interview I got 5 emails from them. The online updates were fine.

Jewel12 said:
Congratulations! :)

...And I got my "Card production ordered" email today! :)
I am happy that this process is over for you.
Now you can relax for the next 1.5 years.
:cool:

No EAD after 95 days

Hi guys!

My RD for I-765 is 10/13/06 and the only LUD on case is 10/16/06. I recieved biometrics notice for early november which were submitted. After that no information ever provided by USCIS.
Made an infopass on 91st day but the DO informed no IEAD. The officer there emailed MSC but nothing ahppened. Today (95th day) I called the 800 number and on my request the representative has put in a service request and given me a reference number and asked me to call back if nothing happens in next 45 days :D
Anyone here has any advice for me?

I-130 and I 485 already pending and no LUD since sep 2006.

Thanks much!

I have had the weirdest process ever, my interview was on 12/05 and the agent said they couldn't do much since my name check was still pending, I just got FP yesterday for my EAD, which, by the way is out of precessing time, having done an infopass to the office in Columbus, OH and been told interim EAD's are no longer given(?)

Even the technician yesterday was surprised I was being FP this late in the process.

Oh well, I've waited 11 years, what's a few more months?

will have the interview this coming Tueday morning

I will send a report later. Good luck with you guys...