Late Sept/early Oct filing timelines

annabor

Registered Users (C)
I just wanted to start a thread for people who filed recently to see how things are progressing.

Hi,
Here's my timeline.

Spouse: USC
DO: Washington, DC
Oct. 13: RD (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765)
Oct. 16: ND (I-485, I-130, I-131)
Oct. 20: LUD for I-485
Oct. 21: Rejection Notice for I-765 (misplaced I-765 appln and the $180 check)
Oct. 25: LUD for I-130, I-131
Oct. 27: I-765 resent

Hi,

Mine's progressing pretty sucky - no freakin' FP notice... :( DO is San Jose, CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed my i-485 in early September and it didn't go so well, first we sent it to the wrong address and then it was missing IRS transcripts (and we thought we were well prepared).
We didn't know you could file for EAD along with i-485 :rolleyes:, does that really surprise you? I then filed the EAD in early October thinking "this is going to work"... unfortunately I forgot to sign the check, since in Germany they just aren't very common. So USCIS returned the application asking me to send a signed check :D
I can kinda laugh about it now, although it still hurts in the back of my head (how could I be so dumb??)
So properly signed check was written and application for EAD was finally mailed in the middle of October. My timeline is in my signature.

Hi guys, I'm so happy about this forum. I tell my husband all the time how great it is. Unfortunately there are also some stories that are quite upsetting, which makes me feel for the people.

Nevertheless I'm hoping for fast processing times for all of us.

edit: I have previously asked this question in a thread I started about my EAD, without a response. Hopefully someone with a clue :p can answer it (maybe, please?)

Is it a good idea to apply for a SSN before my EAD is approved or should I just wait until I (hopefully) get approved?

Inching along here.

USCIS posted a notice advising AP applicants to file by the end of October, if they need it in time for the holidays, so here's hoping I'll at least have my AP and EAD by Christmas.

Geeze, I can only pray that I get my EAD at all... I think they forgot to send me a FP notice, or maybe it got lost in the mail. I could care less about whether I get the interview notice, but I need that EAD, cause I've already started job hunting :(

It sucks, cause nobody else seems not to have got a FP notice... Well, this immigration crap is pretty much like everything in my life - nothing ever goes right :)

Here is my timeline. I got my interview notice today. :) But I have not had any LUD for I485 since 10/20. I thought one would have LUD after FP/Bio, or is it not true?

carrot2006 said:
Here is my timeline. I got my interview notice today. :) But I have not had any LUD for I485 since 10/20. I thought one would have LUD after FP/Bio, or is it not true?
That is nice to know because I have been looking for LUD since I took FP on Friday. I hope I get my Interview notice soon too!!! :)

Carrrot, Wow!!!

I just got back from FP - it was a 0 minute wait, now I wished I went earlier like Chelly, oh well. Anyway, my timeline is exactly like yours, so crossing my finger for no RFE and interview appointment soon :)

I think when you did your FP does not affect on your interview date. Look at my timeline: the interview notice actually was made before my FP was done. If you do not have any RFE, I think you will get your interview notice soon. :)

annabor said:
Carrrot, Wow!!!

I just got back from FP - it was a 0 minute wait, now I wished I went earlier like Chelly, oh well. Anyway, my timeline is exactly like yours, so crossing my finger for no RFE and interview appointment soon :)

So, in my understanding, it is an RFE that slows down things... Right? :)

DARN!!!!! :)

*preparing for a long long wait*

P.S. Carrot2006, congrats on your speedy process!!

Thanks, Jewel12.
I really think it is RFE slows your process down. You probably should compare with timeline of people who has RFE to see when to expect your FP notice. If you do not get the notice this week, maybe you can schedule an infopass to check? I don't know whether it will help, but it certainly does not hurt.
Good luck!

Jewel12 said:
So, in my understanding, it is an RFE that slows down things... Right? :)

DARN!!!!! :)

*preparing for a long long wait*

P.S. Carrot2006, congrats on your speedy process!!

My timeline is listed below. I am wondering when I should be getting more updates on my case. My RFE was recieved and nothing after that. I wonder what is going on.

I had this in my email inbox this morning! I'm kinda shocked how fast this is going, it's nothing to worry about right?

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 8, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

Dasugo said:
My timeline is listed below. I am wondering when I should be getting more updates on my case. My RFE was recieved and nothing after that. I wonder what is going on.

you know, we have very similar situation. Almost the same timeline actually and yep... I have received nothing after my RFE as well. There is some discussion about they issue EAD must slower now, maybe that is why. Especailly they dont' give out iEAD anymore, it is such a bad news for us.
Wish both of us good luck. If I received any news, I will certainly let you know, please do the same.
:eek:

Chelly! Yeaaaaaaaah! It was funny, I just came to the website and thought, I wonder if Chelly had gotten the interview letter yet, such a coincidence!

Hmm is there something in the mail waiting for me at home??? :) With my luck, it might be an RFE though :rolleyes:

Great timeline for both you and Carrot!