Labor Processing Times in California Due to 245(i) Part 5

Hi

You can definitely have multiple H-1\'s and work on them too. By law you are allowed to work only 40 hrs a week on your H-1. I work 30 hrs on one H-1 and 20 hrs (but adjust pay into 10hr) on the second H-1. Both are active and both are valid.

ak

HI KVSANIL

My question is ....
I have H1 with an employer, if I change job with the new employer ,the new employer will apply H1 transfer, not new H1. Am I correct?

In that case can I work with new employer for few month and switch back to old employer after 6 months with old H1?

I will get the stamping on my passport with the new employer sponcership. I will keep the transfer papers with me.

Anyone with PD on/ before Jun 15?

Hey, is there anyone else with a PD before Jun 15 who has still not heard from SESA? I\'m in that situation, so any information will help.

Priority date for new Labor applications

I have a question which I hope some of you may have an answer for:

My employer has applied for my GC in RIR. My PD is in July. If I were to change employers, can my new employer apply for my GC in RIR with this (previous employer\'s) PD?

Probably not

If your employer was aquired by another company, you can probably use the approved LC for the previous employer. But if you have to apply for another one, then you will probably have to grab a number and get in the line again.

What is "Transferred to DOL on mm/dd/yy"

Hi,

I\'m totally unaware of the green card process, can you please explain what does "transferred to DOL on mm/dd/yy" mean? I applied for my Labor some time in September 2001 and my Labor priority date is Oct. 4th 2001.

Thanks,
Sandhya K. R.

sandhya

transferred to DOL on mm/dd/yy, means, the case has been transferred from SESA(state) to DOL(federal). This is a process in labour certification.. initially the case is reviewed by SESA, and once it is approved it is sent to DOL( department of labour) , and finally when DOL is done with their review and approval then he/she can apply for I-140..

your lawyer must have got the receipt notice....

That is when he must have informed you...
You do not end up getting a receipt notice until your lawyer or employer gives you one.. I do not think it is going to come automatically... If your lawyer has said that it is transferred, it must be...