Immigration reform what about family

Raise your voice for family immigration

Hello Guys, Don,t waste time here in debating or arguing for no solution.Just keep writing your Senators. Write your full view that how the family member would suffer after waiting long long years.Dr Jha was right don,t blow the whistle in internet just write your senators and tell your all friends to write them .Eventhough they are from diffrent zip code or city.

Indiano, I would gladly write to each and every Senator but I am not sure how to do that since I have never written to a Senator before. What would anyone interested like to say to a Senator about the family immigration chain elimination?

Parents will not be immediate relative - In the Proposed Draft

Parents of US citizens are currently considered immediate relatives, so it wouldn't affect them if F1-4 were abolished anyway, only if they decided to re-evaluate what an "immediate relative" is.

dr, I just wanted to point out to you that the Proposed Draft does redefine immediate relative to eliminate parents from immediate relative category. Refer tp SEC. 503. REDUCING CHAIN MIGRATION .... the proposed immediate relative does not inlcude parent and also the family preference category(which has numerical limitation) abolishes the current F1-4(except 2A I think) and states this:
"Parents of a citizen of the United States if the citizen is at least 21 years of age. Qualified immigrants who are the parents of a citizen of the United States where the citizen is at least 21 years of age shall be allocated visas in a number not to exceed 40,000"

And the white house Press Release confirms exactly this.

Any idea what the backlog will be for parent's then? I guess it will be 8 years since 40,000 is a very small number.

I understand that as usual not everybody has vested interest in the parents category, but hey, what is the absurd argument about strain on the taxes? does this run close to the billions spent on a stupid war that the country is burdened with due to some idiots judgement? For most of us who are planning to sponsor, we can very well afford for our parents to stay with us.

If there is an objection about the state paying for health-care, go ahead and include whatever text in the legislation, so that the state does not pay a penny to our ageing parents(even though people who jumped fences and laws can get free health-care, pls dont bother to fix that). But what is the point in preventing them from coming here and retiring with their loved ones under their kid's roof? Wouldn't they also add to the consumer spending which is the back-bone of this economy? Anway, I am praying and hoping this Draft does not become part of the final bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
cscgs, I have been told the waiting line will approximately be 10-15 years, not 8. LPR spouses tend to wait for 6-7 years to get their F2A visa while their cap is twice as much.
[url=http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news077.htm]Immigration links[/url] said:
LPR spouses and minor children 2nd A Preference 87,900 visas/yr

cscgs, I have been told the waiting line will approximately be 10-15 years, not 8. LPR spouses tend to wait for 6-7 years to get their F2A visa while their cap is twice as much.

8 years is the stated period.....Look at the amont of visa numbers that extended family members will receive. They will receive over 3 times the amount they currently receive. The backlog for F1, which has the least people waiting in line could br cleared in 2 years...then those numbers will be assigned to the points system. If you take a closer look F2A numbers will be decreased.

Not good

This looks quite good to me:

No "elimination" of family based immigration, just adjusting the quota. Might mean a longer wait but will also be an incentive for immigrants to become US citizens.

Even though there is no elimination of some nuclear family based category(i.e, Parents), the annual numerical limits 40000 would make it impossible to get a visa number in 8 or 10 years, for some of the aged parents who are waiting for a interview at CP or cannot get into AOS from their visitor visa, it may very well mean not in their life-time.:(

Right....your heart aches??? Comon on. Be honest. Not including the parents of citizens is UNFAIR. The immigration reform needs to find a good balance between the preferences given to family members and skills. I agree that adult children and sibblings be excluded. I agree that skills ned to count more. So its perfectly good to draw the line to immediate family memebers (children,spouses and parents). Seems simply and clear.

you have to compromise a little bit here. There are only 2 parents per citizen, and with less family members coming in the future the number of elegible parents will reduce even more. Lets just leave it the way it is.
Stop trying to sound like the savior of this country. man...you still have this Dr Phil tendency.... :)
I beleive is FAIR and reasonable to keep parents as immidiate family who can immigrate here. I just hope that part changes in the bill.

Hi:

If all you can come up with is whining about how it is unfair and making personal attacks about me pretending to be some savior and Dr Phil..... I guess my argument must have been a good one. At least it hit some nerve.

Even though there is no elimination of some nuclear family based category(i.e, Parents), the annual numerical limits 40000 would make it impossible to get a visa number in 8 or 10 years, for some of the aged parents who are waiting for a interview at CP or cannot get into AOS from their visitor visa, it may very well mean not in their life-time.:(

Hi:

You clearly look at it from a very personal perspective - wishing to have your parents here. I sympathise. However, do you realize how many others suffer due to separation too? What about illegal alien parents who are separated from their US citizen children? What about a brother or sister left alone in a foreign country unable to immigrate to the US for at least 10 years? Are they any less worthy?

Unfortunately, lines have to be drawn. The visas for parents are currently horribly abused - a significant percentage of parents obtain the visa, enter, receive the GC and then return to live overseas, returning for 3 months or so every year to attempt retaining residence. Many know they can do this, because if they were to lose PR - it would be easy to get it again. The USC child just files again and they are immediately eligible. I would suggest that a waiting period would deter situations like this, and parents who actually want to live in the US and contribute will be able to make use of it. It will prevent abuse of parental visas, that could have been better used to bring immigrants with valuable skills to this country.

Hi:

If all you can come up with is whining about how it is unfair and making personal attacks about me pretending to be some savior and Dr Phil..... I guess my argument must have been a good one. At least it hit some nerve.

I can't understand why you guys who claim to be intelligent always chase after every argument that you felt is against you. This immigration thing has everyone itchy ready to explode.

We are all immigrants here, if America believes in letting family extended or extra extended thats up to them....they beleive in family reunification......it seems alot of us on this forum does not, all we care is for us to be in the system then we shut the door. If they want skill they can still get it, so if they dont want to seperate families thats their call.

If they implement 40,000 parental visa cap, can you still send in your application and be able to stay in US until they process his/her application?

I am curious how many parental visa (GC) are processed each year...

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1179511978687.shtm

*** "A new Parents Visitor visa is created to ensure that parents are allowed to visit their children in the United States regularly and for extended periods of time."

I see that they might implement a new VISA for parents. Are there any details about this? What is this????

The major problem with visitors visas that US consilate just do not give them.

A lot of immigrants even would not bother to obtain citizenship if were asured that their relatives could treval free in and out of US. Difficulty to obtain visitors visa THAT is the main problem with this country not immigration per se.
Nobody will trust that they let your parents come on visitors visa, then why they don't do it now?. I know tons of cases when parents were denied either for minor violations (like overstay even if visa extension was filed timely and has been approved subsiquently, and although nobody doubt that 70 years old less likley work illegaly) or with no reason but merely as retaliation for their children's "bad behavior" (e.g. having changed visitors visa F/J/H - Green Card inside the US)

Why cry to the U.S. government that your parents won't be allowed to come here?? Simply don't come in the first place if you have a problem with the NEW immigration reform. Go to another country that will pay for your parents using the citizens tax monies. STOP COMPLAINING!! All the immigration BS has really becoming a burden on everyone here. We should be more responsible.

Apart from being heedless and unconscious, your comments lack basic human intellect. No, don’t burden your pea sized brain to ask, WHAT IS HE talking about? I am taking the liberty to clarify and eradicate any doubts.

1. Why cry to the U.S. government that your parents won't be allowed to come here?? Simply don't come in the first place if you have a problem with the NEW immigration reform. Well fact of the matter is humans from this planet can not base their decisions on an event which hasn't taken place. Meaning for some one to have CITIZENSHIP points to a minor chronological issue; that is, they probably came here at least a decade ago (when this was not a problem). The same being the case when ANGLOSAXON men stepped foot on this soil.
2. I am not CRYING but merely exercising my right to voice my opinion in a democratic GOVT which I helped to ELLECT and paid for.
3. When sponsoring a kin you have to pay substantial amount of money to process the necessary paper work (paid by the sponsoring party). I fail to see what formula is being used by your insignificant being to calculate the cost being heavier on a CITIZEN. O premonition I am the CITIZEN and I am paying for the costs.
4. STOP COMPLAINING!! All the immigration BS has really becoming a burden on everyone here. We should be more responsible. I guess with this logic in mind, Nancy Pelosi and Bush is complaining. May be they need to listen to your advice on how to run the government.
5. A little ECO 101 for your FYI. Immigrants with their fines, social security, taxes, Medicaid and Medicare fuel the lagging and already bottomed out Social Security system. If you want to take other countries into consideration; visitors and immigrants are not liable for these sums since they are not eligible to receive them in the first place. Its called VAT, for a second put your coke and fries down and look it up. It might make you sound less of a Neanderthal.

Just a suggestion don’t attempt to reciprocate no one is interested!

Apart from being heedless and unconscious, your comments lack basic human intellect. No, don’t burden your pea sized brain to ask, WHAT IS HE talking about?
This kind of insulting comment is really quite unnecessary. You disagree, OK! Make your point without resorting to cheap shots which reduce the impact of your argument.

A little ECO 101 for your FYI. Immigrants with their fines, social security, taxes, Medicaid and Medicare fuel the lagging and already bottomed out Social Security system. If you want to take other countries into consideration; visitors and immigrants are not liable for these sums since they are not eligible to receive them in the first place.

You should consider taking ECO101 again. :) Immigrants are certainly eligible for Social Security and Medicare, and some former non-immigrants can also collect from SS. Additionally, neither program is financed from general taxation or fines.

The major problem with visitors visas that US consilate just do not give them.

A lot of immigrants even would not bother to obtain citizenship if were asured that their relatives could treval free in and out of US. Difficulty to obtain visitors visa THAT is the main problem with this country not immigration per se.
Nobody will trust that they let your parents come on visitors visa, then why they don't do it now?. I know tons of cases when parents were denied either for minor violations (like overstay even if visa extension was filed timely and has been approved subsiquently, and although nobody doubt that 70 years old less likley work illegaly) or with no reason but merely as retaliation for their children's "bad behavior" (e.g. having changed visitors visa F/J/H - Green Card inside the US)

Why consulate is so cautious to issue the visa to IR of USC is because they can adjust the status once they are in the US. How many times have you seen the threads regarding AOS while parents are on B status or overstaying on this board ? Those participating in this board is tiny portion of whole immigrants , yet you can see so many such threads. you can guess how many B or overstaying parents trying to go AOS. It's not negligible figure, therefore consulate becomes careful for visa issurance. Before blaming consulate, blame your fellow immigrants who made your life difficult.

If parents are not allowed to adjust status through their children, the concern that consualte/CIS has is less and they can issue the visa, especially if it was designed to that purpose.