Immigration reform what about family

Why cry to the U.S. government that your parents won't be allowed to come here?? Simply don't come in the first place if you have a problem with the NEW immigration reform. Go to another country that will pay for your parents using the citizens tax monies. STOP COMPLAINING!! All the immigration BS has really becoming a burden on everyone here. We should be more responsible.

I don't think "citizens tax monies" are spent on sponsored parents. They are the responsibility of the children who sponsor them. Only those elderly that migrate to U.S. as refugees (e.g. Lautenberg program http://www.vdare.com/allen/lautenberg.htm) are eligible for state and federal resources as soon as they arrive here.

Why cry to the U.S. government that your parents won't be allowed to come here?? Simply don't come in the first place if you have a problem with the NEW immigration reform. Go to another country that will pay for your parents using the citizens tax monies. STOP COMPLAINING!! All the immigration BS has really becoming a burden on everyone here. We should be more responsible.

What rock did you crawl out from, Mermaid? Yes, in a perfect world that is how it works, but OBVIOUSLY that is far far FAR from the truth. WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CHANGING THIS PART OF THE IMMIGRATION LAW!? And Think prior to posting.

What rock did you crawl out from, Mermaid? Yes, in a perfect world that is how it works, but OBVIOUSLY that is far far FAR from the truth. WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CHANGING THIS PART OF THE IMMIGRATION LAW!? And Think prior to posting.

Let's try and remain polite.

But we are already here

I am here working and paying taxes for almost 10 year now, CIS continuously was screwing my green card process and now i cannot bring my parents and aged-out son into US!
i just cannot afford to go to another country. I have no seven lives.
If they have told me they wre going to cut family immigration, i would.

But we are already here

I am here working and paying taxes for almost 10 year now, CIS continuously was screwing my green card process for years, and now i cannot bring my parents and aged-out son into US!
i just cannot afford to go to another country. I have no seven lives.
If they have told me they wre going to cut family immigration, i would.

Sorry to hear about your sad sad story, but i don't see how it is relevant to this post. Perhaps you can elaborate??? What does it have to do with my tax money?

Its all to do with the sense of entitlement people have around here that the US government should allow their entire extended family to emmigrate with them.

Somebody call the Waaaaaambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your sad sad story, but i don't see how it is relevant to this post. Perhaps you can elaborate??? What does it have to do with my tax money?

I mean i do not need any money from government for my folks. Just let them come here.
Illigals are already here. no matter what the decision is they won't leave, period. It is so unfare!

Okay, now I am going to ask a COMPLETELY irrelevant question... just for curiousity sake.

Are there any other countries that sponsor families based on citizenship?

And if so, do they work the same way?

I know the UK is extremely restrictive as to who can get an ILR (UK Green Card). You really have to prove that there will be hardship (financial and physical, not emotional) if they don't come to live with you in the UK, rather than just proving relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, now I am going to ask a COMPLETELY irrelevant question... just for curiousity sake.

Are there any other countries that sponsor families based on citizenship?

And if so, do they work the same way?

You don't understand the logic. I am not in "another country". i am in the US and i have chosen to come here because it is a great country to work for and to immigration to. And now bunch of apoplexic, obese crooks Washington try to derail the system on which this country was thriving for ages. although I agree with the clauses that imply it cultural diversity and INTEGRATION not a "fifth column" or "Trojan horse" whose ultimate goal to destroy western civilization.
They 'd better concentrate on that!

Write to your congressman if you strongly disagree with any bill. It does more good than blowing hot air on an internet forum.

I know the UK is extremely restrictive as to who can get an ILR (UK Green Card). You really have to prove that there will be hardship (financial and physical, not emotional) if they don't come to live with you in the UK, rather than just proving relationship.

Do not forget that that it takes only from 1 to 3 hour of flight to visit parents fom UK to most of Europian and Asian countries. Compare with US 10 -18 hrs trip one way. You cannot do it on weekend

Write to your congressman if you strongly disagree with any bill. It does more good than blowing hot air on an internet forum.

I will do this as soon as debate starts wwhen a "working" text of bill is fully available.

Here you go, AKATU:

John.Conyers@mail.house.gov

2426 Rayburn Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-5126
(202) 225-0072 Fax

2615 W. Jefferson
Trenton, MI 48183
(734) 675-4084
(734) 675-4218 Fax

669 Federal Building
231 W. Lafayette
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 961-5670
(313) 226-2085 Fax

Do not forget that that it takes only from 1 to 3 hour of flight to visit parents fom UK to most of Europian and Asian countries. Compare with US 10 -18 hrs trip one way. You cannot do it on weekend

Clearly there are places that are just as far from the UK as there are from the US. This is a specious argument at best.

The US has the most relaxed immigration policy of any western country, so trying to say it's overly restrictive is ridiculous.

wow. Is that really true of the U.S. and western immigration policy? What about Canada?

What about eastern immigration policy?

Clearly there are places that are just as far from the UK as there are from the US. This is a specious argument at best.

The US has the most relaxed immigration policy of any western country, so trying to say it's overly restrictive is ridiculous.

This was just one of the arguments why on personal level i screem against this prohibitive rule and speaking US immigration policy, it is most relaxed is going to be overly restrictive.

Those immigrants who are already here , and all set with their kids and parents and want the door to be shut are just heartless and selfish. Forgive me for hursh lenquage.

Kindly take responsibility for your choices in life, as we all must. And write your congressman.