I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Update: I received the letter in the mail today! Good news! It's a request for medical examination and vaccines. I'm off to make an appointment with an approved doctor and get that done right away!

Update: I received the letter in the mail today! Good news! It's a request for medical examination and vaccines. I'm off to make an appointment with an approved doctor and get that done right away!

Saxo,
That realy good news:), you didn't do the medical exam before??
I meant earlier to ask about the fees for the FOIA, thinking when they asked you about more evidence they meant their fees.

FOIA = Freedom Of Information Act
In theory, you can request any documentation or information regarding yourself to be released to you, as long as it's not considered classified in national security matters.

The form is G-639 and it's free to file. They may charge you for photocopies if their cost exceeds $25. Look for it at the uscis.gov site.

Thank you so much.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Good sir!

I have a quick question, didn't you already get your medical examination taken care of earlier? Is this your second time?

I'm going to ask my father to file for FOIA too.

Please keep us all updated.

Thanks Uncle Joe,
you are 100% correct, I contacted the FBI when I found that I am inadmissible, and they told me the same thing that your name match in their data base. so that why they holding your application, how long it takes God knows...................

How did you contact them to get this information?

here is my question, so we are asylee's who the govt. basically suspects of being involved with terrorists because bush thought everyone that did'nt buy is doctrine was one... nothing we can do about that one...
are we still able to renew our work permits and continue supporting families or should we start packing while 15 million illegals from Mexico might be made legal???

here is my question, so we are asylee's who the govt. basically suspects of being involved with terrorists because bush legal???

Hi Asly,
From my understand, that there is a general waiver has been passed by the congress in sep 2007 for all the people that are affected by this bar, but the problem that USCIS do not want to use it, why and for how long???, I don't know !!!
But you could get all the benefits that you entitle to as asylee e.g work authorization, travel document, and .... Because we are not denied (our cases still pending)

I looked up for their phone # in the internet.

I want to know if my name matches or no.
What should I ask them?
What information do they need?
Do you have the phone#?

Please I need your help. My EAD process has been delayed because my backgroun check is pending. I hope they did not put me in this category

For those who asked. I did not do the medical examination beforehand. At the time when I filed my I-485 I was advised to not include the medical test since the processing times where about 2 years and I would have to do it again later since the exam has to be fairly current. I don't know if that's still the case, given that the processing time is now less than 4 months (in theory).

I've done the medical test and have to pick up the results on Thursday. I plan to submit everything that same day.

Saxo,

What does filing FOIA do? I mean what will an applicant who's been sent one of the 212.a.3.b. letters find out by filing FOIA?

Saxo,

What does filing FOIA do? I mean what will an applicant who's been sent one of the 212.a.3.b. letters find out by filing FOIA?

My goal was to stablish the reason for my application being held by 212.a.3.b. I still haven't received any information back, but when I sent it my case started moving again. I would like to know if someone in the same situation who filed a FOIA got similar results.

Update on my case:

A week or so ago, I received confirmation that my medical results had been received and that I should expect a written decision within 90 days.
Today I received two emails: the first announcing my new card being orderfor production and that I should get it in the mail within 30 days (that's just before christmas!)
the second email was an announcement of a welcome notice being sent by mail, and to expected in my inbox within 60 days.

Needless to say I'm quite happy, and on top of that, I'm on vacation with my family so celebration is in order!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My goal was to stablish the reason for my application being held by 212.a.3.b. I still haven't received any information back, but when I sent it my case started moving again. I would like to know if someone in the same situation who filed a FOIA got similar results.

So you're saying that you can request for FOIA even if your GC is pending right?

Also, what Tier did you fall under earlier?

hi guy

hi there all of you , i just joined the site since a couple of days and i guess i'm on the same boat with you

i'm an iraqi refugee who escaped my country and living in a neighbouring country i have been addmitted to the USRAP (united states refugee admission programe) and after waiting 3 years i finally reached the DHS intervidw which is uaually the last one after many interviews at the UNHCR and IOM

anyway at the interview i only said the truth not like many others , whether i say or not the truth it wont affect my case because i'm a civilian doctor from a family who even gave some help to the americans once they come by giving them advise how to help iraqis and deal with the situation especially after the lack of security after war

anyway the DHS officer started asking and i replied , i didnt even imagine that saying things as (i used to treat injured from who came to hospitals as militia men ) would affect my case , i mean i'm a doctor thats what i do whatever the person background is and i mad an oath on graduation day to do that plus i was still a junior doctor with no authority and i told we used to call the police aftwerward....the DHS really concentrated on this matter alot .......i wished i just say i said i refused to treat anyone or i was afraid to be killed (which is partly true as i couldnt continue more than 2 months before leaving the country) but still i believe it was the right thing to do

afterwards i recieved the result which is ON HOLD(PENDING) . everytime i call the IOM they say there is nothing they could do and my case processed at the usa and they dont know when i could recieve result

i'm so tired , it has been 6 months , i dont have enough money left i'm living in a neighboring country which dont give us a work permit and i dont know when it will finish ...........even if the result is no just let them say it , its better than living everyday in hope

dear friends long message i know , could anybody simplify whats happening to me?? i mean in other words is there possibility of getting refused? and if we will be accepted are we waiting a specific day which they usually exempt such people with known material support already

thanks alot

So you're saying that you can request for FOIA even if your GC is pending right?
Also, what Tier did you fall under earlier?

that's correct, you can request a FOIA at any time, but always keep in mind that they can refuse to give you back information if they decide it's classified due to national security.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I was on Tier III.

guys , could you plz let me know how in the first place i could know what is the reason for putting my application ON HOLD....I guess in your case all its easier as you are asylees and your already in usa so you can go and pay them a visit at the DHS??? or i'm wrong?? in my case i'm a refugee outside the states escaping from my origional country

what do you recommend for an refugee like me who done the interview 6 months ago with the DHS to do?? should i waite or contact them , they send me an email stating my application is pending for further review for eligiblity as a refugee .....usually they send the same message even to the accepted refugees

BUT BUT BUT in my case an extra thing is that the DHS officer didnt accept my aplication neither refused it??which means he cant have the authority to do sooo unless i'm cleared i guess from USA???!!!! does this means an sense to you ...??? should i contact them ??

i guess the reason for me being on hold is i said i used to treat militia and armed men who came to the hospital i work in? but i was still a junior doctor plus i told them my senior doctor used to call the cops as the official regulations state????? is me treating patients becoz of my medical oath is the problem??

if i wait how long its gonna take , could it be years , and at the end does this means a certain no or there is hope ???

plz plz guys if anybody knows anything about the subject i would be grateful

Last edited by a moderator: