I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I also agree. Please let us know what you've found out.

1. Adjustment of status to that of permanent resident is discretionary!
2. We can't fight the law as individuals.
3. Remember there is no waiver for 212(a)(3)(B)
4. They have to change the law or pass a memorundum of exemption
5. Passage of a law will take a very long time: lets pass this
6. No denials yet: they are just holding the cases, good thing for now.
7. We don't know how long the hold will last...that is the problem!
8. Somebody in the USCIS needs to act fast on this matter. Some one there?
9. Know that we are not a priority: we are just asylees and refugees !
10. We are not terrorists : so we don't get priority...no action! No detention!
11. The economy is in bad shape: we get even less priority! We collect dust!
12. But, we try to have a normal life: not easy if you are labeled 'terrorist'.
13. Now lets do something:

Lets create a list of individuals that have the sort of problem that we are discussing and ask, for example, the ACLU, to act on our behalf. I will try to contact them and hopefully our case will be interesting enough for uptake. My goal is to register with ACLU or some legitimate company to represent us. If you have other ideas, let hear it guys.

For those people who are trying to travel outside the country, I suggest that you stay put! Travel document does not gurantee you that you will be admitted back to the US, especially when they are telling you " You appear to be inadmissible according section 212 (a)(3)(B)".

Ever since I found out about the 212(a)(3)(B) status (last week), my life turned from that of hope to uncertainty and despair - such feelings that I've almost forgot are creeping back again. While I was doing my grocery, I picked up a family size hand wash liquid and thought - maybe they will deport me before I finish this.

no one will deport you dont worry, to find out why you fall under the bar go back to your asylum case and read it ....... then check your tier and check if you can apply for a waiver
Hi Koteya,
I read my case and there's nothing that says anything about me belonging to any political party. And my asylum is approved per 208(a) of March 1999 memorandum.

What tier does 208(a) fall under?

Hello all! Someone that I know also got the same letter from USCIS just a few days ago. 212(a)(3)(B) inadmission and the petitioner's I-730 (application for derivative status) has been placed oh hold by USCIS. Any updates on your case who got the similar notice from USCIS? Anyone has been granted waiver yet? If so, how long did it take? How to go about from here? The petitioner never engaged in any terrorist activities that is under 212(a)(3)(B).

Hello all! Someone that I know also got the same letter from USCIS just a few days ago. 212(a)(3)(B) inadmission and the petitioner's I-730 (application for derivative status) has been placed oh hold by USCIS. Any updates on your case who got the similar notice from USCIS? Anyone has been granted waiver yet? If so, how long did it take? How to go about from here? The petitioner never engaged in any terrorist activities that is under 212(a)(3)(B).

I did not get anything, although I contacted the congressman more than 5 time , the senators, i sent 3 letters to Obama, i send letter to Texas service center stated that I had job offer which required to have either citizenship or green card. Finally I send letter to Ombudsman. All of these efforts and nothing changed. I just think what will happen is that no individual will get the exemption separately, if it will happen it will be for every body as amendment so every body will get it at the same time, but when???? That is 64,000,000 dollar question!!!!

asylee 1999,

What was Ombudsman's response? Is there any way we can find out what activities or associations with what organizations does the DHS referring to when it is putting petitioners' in inadmissible category? Not knowing what they were thinking makes it even more difficult to deal with it. Petitioners should have right to know what led DHS to think that way. Please let me know if there is anyway petitioners can find more info on such cases.

Good luck!

Anything new on 212(a)(3)(B)?
Please share if you know something or done something and has been helpful...even if it hasn't been helpful yet. Share please.

Hey guys

First of all stop blaming USCIS, those folks doing their job.
The reason why they put you in inadmissible group is that your name have matched during background checks in DHS or FBI database. Those agencies collecting information from different sources including overseas. Once your name have matched the name in the database it's not up to them to adjust your status. DHS will investigate that. It can take few days or few years it's all depends on the circumstances. Let's say your name Usama bin Laden there is Usama bin Laden with the same DOB in the database. Or if you from Columbia and there is a guy with the same name setup a drug trafficking into US or another country. They will investigate you. Sometimes investigation can take a few years.

Take a deep breath and wait. Let people do their job.

Hey guys

The reason why they put you in inadmissible group is that your name have matched during background checks in DHS or FBI database. Those agencies collecting information from different sources including overseas. Once your name have matched the name in the database it's not up to them to adjust your status. DHS will investigate that. It can take few days or few years it's all depends on the circumstances. Let's say your name Usama bin Laden there is Usama bin Laden with the same DOB in the database. Or if you from Columbia and there is a guy with the same name setup a drug trafficking into US or another country. They will investigate you. Sometimes investigation can take a few years.

If this was the case, it should have matched during the asylum process. Why will the name not match then but it will match suddenly now? I am just asking as I am not sure how exactly the whole name check works but it should not be different in both cases, correct?

If this was the case, it should have matched during the asylum process. Why will the name not match then but it will match suddenly now? I am just asking as I am not sure how exactly the whole name check works but it should not be different in both cases, correct?

They update databases regularly. It could be that the person who matches you just got there right before they run your background checks.

Hey guys

The reason why they put you in inadmissible group is that your name have matched during background checks in DHS or FBI database. Those agencies

Thanks Uncle Joe,
you are 100% correct, I contacted the FBI when I found that I am inadmissible, and they told me the same thing that your name match in their data base. so that why they holding your application, how long it takes God knows...................

Thanks Uncle Joe,
you are 100% correct, I contacted the FBI when I found that I am inadmissible, and they told me the same thing that your name match in their data base. so that why they holding your application, how long it takes God knows...................

Just keep in mind, If your country supporting terrorism, drug traffic, or radical Isalmism and/or most of their citizen brainwashed with anti US/NATO propaganda, your case will be double -triple checked before USCIS take any approving action, especially if they matched your name. It's about security

One category of people having hard time to pass background check, it's not because of race color, religion or other factors, it's simply because they came from wrong places. It's not their fault that they lived there. Most of them asked US Govt. to give them asylum because they were live in wrong place. But there is always will be few people who coming to this country for different reasons. Many of them have been involved in illegal activities. U.S law Enforcements are working to get them out of country or place them in jail.
I was reading this forum last night and i was shocked- literally. Few people saying "let's fill WOM against US Govt. USCIS DHS FBI etc" Sue the Govt that gave them chance to live? It's like suing the person who came to your house to feed you and next time he didn't bring food on time.

Just keep in mind, If your country supporting terrorism, drug traffic, or radical Isalmism and/or most of their citizen brainwashed with anti US/NATO propaganda, your case will be double -triple checked before USCIS take any approving action, especially if they matched your name. It's about security

I don’t agree with you in the WOM., Yes the government gave the asylees and the refuges the chance to live, gave them good education and good health care and I am sure everyone of them is appreciating that, but does that gave the right to silent their voice??
1- Most of those people are hard working, paying their taxes follow the law, so they have the same rights as the citizens.
2- Look around in every sector either private or public, do you see any customer service worse than USCIS. I will answer for you; NO because the asylee and the refugees are third class.
3- WOM doesn’t mean you are asking for money, or reimbursement for the time we were been waiting. It mean to just to ask them to process our application that has been sitting in their shelves for quite, I think that is fair.
Yes, there is a very little portion of these people are bad, but that doesn’t mean for the government to assume every one come as asylee or refugee is bad. That reminds me when we were kids if one of your brothers did something bad we will all been punished.

I don’t agree with you in the WOM., Yes the government gave the asylees and the refuges the chance to live, gave them good education and good health care and I am sure everyone of them is appreciating that, but does that gave the right to silent their voice??
1- Most of those people are hard working, paying their taxes follow the law, so they have the same rights as the citizens.
2- Look around in every sector either private or public, do you see any customer service worse than USCIS. I will answer for you; NO because the asylee and the refugees are third class.
3- WOM doesn’t mean you are asking for money, or reimbursement for the time we were been waiting. It mean to just to ask them to process our application that has been sitting in their shelves for quite, I think that is fair.
Yes, there is a very little portion of these people are bad, but that doesn’t mean for the government to assume every one come as asylee or refugee is bad. That reminds me when we were kids if one of your brothers did something bad we will all been punished.

Im not agree with you too. Of course not everyone are terrorists. Im talking about paying extra attention to the people from certain countries. Let me ask you a question - Put yourself in that position, Let's say You are IO and you receive two cases One from the person who was raised in the country where 75% of the population somehow involved in drugs (planting, selling, etc) kidnapping, radical Islamism(Wahhabism) and hating US and/or other Western countries. And another case, from the person who came from small quite country with no or little crime rate. Question - Are you gonna process both cases equally? Don't call it mass punishment. US Govt. didn't close the door to US for those people, it's wide open. But it takes more time to make sure you're good moral character not a criminal like the majority of your country.

USCIS customer service isn't bad at all. I have never had any issues with them, except border control folks))) It's another funny story))) Ive went to Canada by car for couple of days. On the way back was detained for about 2 hours and questioned about - me going to my COP, I was trying to explain them that my COP is like thousands miles away and my car can't fly that far)) Finally they checked my vehicle and let me go. That was it.

WOM means that you wanna get around somebody's case on the same shelve. And people in front of you paying for it. They can't process all cases at the same time.

That's utter nonsense UncleJoe. Perhaps your guess is somewhat correct, in some scenarios but that isn't entirely true. My dad doesn't share his first or last name with a single asylee in the United States ( and he has never been associated with terrorism either, as a matter of fact he was in the military, fighting the rebels fearing who, he sought asylum ), yet he has appeared to be inadmissible.

Im not agree with you too. Of course not everyone are terrorists. Im talking about paying extra attention to the people from certain countries. Let me ask you a question - Put yourself in that position, Let's say You are IO and you receive two cases One from the .
First, what you said is stereotyping, you can’t hold everybody coming from this country or that because there is few bad people were from the same country.
Second you should have had better tool or system to differentiate between whose bad or whose good and I don’t blame the people I blame the system. Bad people usually has their own way they will not wait years on the line like us.
When you file WOM doesn’t mean to jump on the other people heads. I am sure you don’t want to spend 10,000$ after 5month from the time you filed your application, unless you have extra money you don’t know how to spend it. In my case I granted asylum 1999 and applied for I-485 in 2004. So I don’t think there are too many applications in the same shelf

First, what you said is stereotyping, you can’t hold everybody coming from this country or that because there is few bad people were from the same country.
Second you should have had better tool or system to differentiate between whose bad or whose good and I don’t blame the people I blame the system. Bad people usually has their own way they will not wait years on the line like us.
When you file WOM doesn’t mean to jump on the other people heads. I am sure you don’t want to spend 10,000$ after 5month from the time you filed your application, unless you have extra money you don’t know how to spend it. In my case I granted asylum 1999 and applied for I-485 in 2004. So I don’t think there are too many applications in the same shelf

Should be explanation of that. Can be different things like somebody trying to "help" you to get GC reporting your name to FBI sending Dear John letters.