I-751 February 2008 Filers

More Info Please Emdau

believe it or not. I did the same thing as Viola79. I took an infopass last Monday, and today i recieved an email from USCIS, My green card has been ordered.

Thank To God and good luck for all of you

Hi Emdau, I am sort of in the same position as you were in recently. I filed jointly in Feb 2008 with my husband. Got my NOA Feb 27th 2008. Unfortunatley, my husband (USC) died in June 2008 (4 months after submitting I-751). Two weeks ago I got an RFE from Vermont. I have scheduled an infopass for this week and I am submitting my evidence this week as well. I just wanted to know from you if you don't mind me asking:
1. What evidence did you submit last year with your I-751
2. What evidence did you submit with the RFE?

I am confident that I will get over this one but naturally I can't help but worry!
Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

I filed in Vermont Feb 25, 2008, but still waiting I read many Feb 2008 filers already approved and got ther GC , Im worried I am behind any one here that are still waiting?
Im still giving another week and I will make an appt (infopass).

hi melrose<
i think you should make an appointment now, after i got my passport stamped they approved my case right away, i believe the same think happened to "emdau". i received my card today! yay! good luck to you

viola,

thank you for the advise, I already made an infopass on Mon. you were also filed Feb right ? my conditional GC is expiring May 2008, im just worried Im so behind I know they (VSC) are approving April now.

viola,

thank you for the advise, I already made an infopass on Mon. you were also filed Feb right ? my conditional GC is expiring May 2008, im just worried Im so behind I know they (VSC) are approving April now.

Dear all fellows,

I have applied my I751 back in december 2007 and still waiting, they telling me now that they are investygating my case and it could take 6 more months,

i am very upset wat to do, any advice for me ?

Good luck all:eek:

Melrose<
in my opinion i think that all cases that got "infopass" got approved i believed its just they look at the dates. but who really knows. i would recommend a stamp (an infopass), b/c it seems that they look at your case right after, but like i said its just my opinion.
good luck. im wondering what happened to "emdau"!

Still waiting

Hi everyone,

I filed my I-751 last February (my conditional GC was expiring on Feb 2008 as well, They got it days before the expiration). I went for biomedics at the end of April and have been waiting since. I called them on February 16th and they opened a service request for me. On Feb 22nd, my case was touched. I went to Infopass last Friday and got a stamp for another year. But, still waiting, I called them several times. They are not really helpful on the phone, because they do not know anything about our cases (more than what we can get online). Just worried, because I want to get a divorce from my citizen husband (he doesn't). Can they ask for an interview after a year of waiting? Should I just get a divorce and file I-751 waiver or should I wait for a response?

Little bit of background on me: I came to US on Feb 2001 with a student visa. On 2004, I met and married my husband. We filed the paperwork late (because he thinks he knows everything on immigration and he thought once we are married it is OK to send them late) got in little bit of trouble, but I received the conditional greencard and everything on 2006. So, overall I have been in US for 8 years and my mother and brother got their greencard 2 years ago.

At infopass I asked the lady why it is taking so long and she said they prioritized citizenship applications for election last year. So, bad luck for us...

Hi All.

I got a green Card Yesterday. Look back on the thread today . I understand the feeling of all people, who are waiting now.I suggest your guys shuld take infopass and ask for your case. Do not waste time to call because we will not get satified the answer. It is a nightmare. It torture me totally 13 months. I hate it

Melrose<
in my opinion i think that all cases that got "infopass" got approved i believed its just they look at the dates. but who really knows. i would recommend a stamp (an infopass), b/c it seems that they look at your case right after, but like i said its just my opinion.
good luck. im wondering what happened to "emdau"!

I agree with Viola because same thing happened with me. The day after my infopass appointment, I got approval email.

Interesting...

Hi everyone,

I filed my I-751 last February (my conditional GC was expiring on Feb 2008 as well, They got it days before the expiration). I went for biomedics at the end of April and have been waiting since. I called them on February 16th and they opened a service request for me. On Feb 22nd, my case was touched. I went to Infopass last Friday and got a stamp for another year. But, still waiting, I called them several times. They are not really helpful on the phone, because they do not know anything about our cases (more than what we can get online). Just worried, because I want to get a divorce from my citizen husband (he doesn't). Can they ask for an interview after a year of waiting? Should I just get a divorce and file I-751 waiver or should I wait for a response?

Little bit of background on me: I came to US on Feb 2001 with a student visa. On 2004, I met and married my husband. We filed the paperwork late (because he thinks he knows everything on immigration and he thought once we are married it is OK to send them late) got in little bit of trouble, but I received the conditional greencard and everything on 2006. So, overall I have been in US for 8 years and my mother and brother got their greencard 2 years ago.

At infopass I asked the lady why it is taking so long and she said they prioritized citizenship applications for election last year. So, bad luck for us...

Did you file your N-400 yet?

case approved

I just got back from the interview and my case was approved. Waiting for card to arrived in the mail. Passport stamped and conditional status removed. best luck to everyone

Thank you. Soontobefree , don't rush for divorce cos you never know if you will be invited for an interview. I wish you good luck anyway. It's very tough when you don't know the outcome.

who is still waiting for an approval here?

soontobefree i am also waiting for my i751 case since december 2007, finaly i make a appointment with info and going to see them tomarrow plz wish me good luck.

i pray all of you who is waiting for their cases i can understand how painful is that

good luck all

I will pray for you too AMUGHAL1. I hope God will help us going through this hard times. Also, try to open a service request, maybe this will rush things a bit...

Viola

i just went to my infopass yesterday and have my passport stamped for another 1 yr extention, they took my conditional GC , and they said to me to call the USCIs for any other paper works.
I did ask why Im delay they just decided to stamped my passport.

I filed Feb 25 in Vermost but still waiting...

Melrose,
call customer service and let them give you a reference numbers. Your inquiry will be sent to the person working on your case and a decision will be made.