I-751 February 2008 Filers

Hi soontobefree,

You filled on 2/2008 but they are working on march / april. Your GC will exprise 5/2009. Do not worry , you are ok. They will work on your case soon.

best wishes for you

no, my GC expired on 2/2008. I got an infopass appointment and got an extension for a year (they received my I-751 on Feb 22, 2008 and my GC was going to expire on Feb 27, 2008). So, I am outside the processing times..

Hello

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to let you know that, I have filed in 03/17/08, and still waiting for my 10 year GC. I am also outside of processing times like soon2befree, I have called them twice, they said we let the USCIS know about your case, and they will send you a letter within forty-five days. Basically they have no idea about what they are doing. So the main thing is I will go to my local office on April the 13th to get another stamp on my passport, and I do not know how much I will have to wait for after that. I want to know what would happen with Amughal1's case cause I think mine is similar to that case. I hope we all would get out of this soon, and be free cause I am having many problems with my wife now a days too and since I am out of processing times, I am not able to base my wait on anything. This has just become more than a nioghtmare, and I wish I could have avoided sending my papers to VSC, or may be file a divorce before. Some people just get theirs in just no more than two months and even though I have waited for more than a year, I did not get anything, not even an RFE, or an Interview letter. I am going to write VSC a letter today, and contact my congressman I hope it will help. How long do you all think that an I-751 case could take in a worst case scenerio? Because they tell us to wait but they do not let you know how long you need to wait. Representative on the phone had said wait exactly for one year, then give us a call, but looks like calling them does not help them to look at your papers. Thanks,
Good luck to everyone that is waiting

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to let you know that, I have filed in 03/17/08, and still waiting for my 10 year GC. I am also outside of processing times like soon2befree, I have called them twice, they said we let the USCIS know about your case, and they will send you a letter within forty-five days. Basically they have no idea about what they are doing. So the main thing is I will go to my local office on April the 13th to get another stamp on my passport, and I do not know how much I will have to wait for after that. I want to know what would happen with Amughal1's case cause I think mine is similar to that case. I hope we all would get out of this soon, and be free cause I am having many problems with my wife now a days too and since I am out of processing times, I am not able to base my wait on anything. This has just become more than a nioghtmare, and I wish I could have avoided sending my papers to VSC, or may be file a divorce before. Some people just get theirs in just no more than two months and even though I have waited for more than a year, I did not get anything, not even an RFE, or an Interview letter. I am going to write VSC a letter today, and contact my congressman I hope it will help. How long do you all think that an I-751 case could take in a worst case scenerio? Because they tell us to wait but they do not let you know how long you need to wait. Representative on the phone had said wait exactly for one year, then give us a call, but looks like calling them does not help them to look at your papers. Thanks,
Good luck to everyone that is waiting
Dear Alit. tuesday I went to my local d/o to inquary about my i751 case. (since they are delaying from december 2007), they told me that my case is transfer to my local d/o atlanta and now they are investigating the case and they can not tell how long it takes more.:mad:
the good thing io told me about my n400 that my name check and finger print hase been cleared a week ago, now i am waiting for my n400 interview, please wish me good luck

God bless you all

That was the same advice of IO when i was waiting for GC. He asked me to apply N 400 ,do not waste time , we may get US citizenship before GC

Today I received an e-mail:

"The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRC####

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)"

What is that mean? It was pending to begin with...

Today I called USCIS to ask about the e-mail. They transfered me to this Officer Cain- no employee number, just Cain. He told me that my answer for the service request is the e-mail I got today. My case is pending. I was like I am outside the processing times, can you open another service request and he was like "noo, that means that your background check is not clearing from FBI for some reason" I said I don't even have a ticket?? He said well but it is not clearing. He said that is why infopass gave you an extention for a year, because your case is more complicated and they need more time. You do not have to worry about it for another year??? Can you believe these people??

Hi,

I received email like this, 2 days later i receive REF letter. After submitted all documents. My 10 years GC was approved . Goos news for you. They are working on your case.

Today I called USCIS to ask about the e-mail. They transfered me to this Officer Cain- no employee number, just Cain. He told me that my answer for the service request is the e-mail I got today. My case is pending. I was like I am outside the processing times, can you open another service request and he was like "noo, that means that your background check is not clearing from FBI for some reason" I said I don't even have a ticket?? He said well but it is not clearing. He said that is why infopass gave you an extention for a year, because your case is more complicated and they need more time. You do not have to worry about it for another year??? Can you believe these people??

Good luck soon2befree wish for me too.

I RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL:

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 23, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks to my God! This mess is over. I will pray for everyone of you that are still waiting for an answer. One tip: Do not care about the processing dates, Do not listen to the customer service people - they really do not know nothing, If it has been over a year, do get Infopass appointment and ask for a service request.

Thank you everybody for reading my posts and trying to help. I will pray for each and everyone of you...

amughal filed on December 2007 and still waiting actually. They received mine on 22nd, so hopefully you will get an answer within days. Did you do your Infopass and SR?

Yes. call the customer service and tell them that you are outside the processing times and would like to make a SR. If they say no, call again and talk to someone else. I called on Feb 23rd and they told me I will have an answer within 30-45 days. I got an answer on the 30th day (I don't know if it is a coinsidance or not but will worth trying)

soontobefree,

thank you. I called my lawyer they called uscis anf they have SR# so il just wait hmmmm too much waiting.

Don't worry melrose. You will get it sooner than you think. It is just they are sooo slow. My GC expired on Feb 27th. maybe that's why they took a priority on it. I will pray for you.

I applied at VSC on Feb 25, 2008. And I am still waiting. I have put in 2 service request, got my passport stamped, wrote to the congressman, and the senator. And Im still waiting. I received a letter from uscis stating that they will make a decision within 60 days. It has been 30 days so far. My congressman got back to me and said that vermont stated that my case is with an adjucating officer as of 3/5/09. Whatever that means! Anyway, Im still waiting.......