Help! No GC and Nut wants divorce

The USCIS website only lets me make one InfoPass at a time. Repeated attempts just take me back to the initial confirmation screen. I got an InfoPass for Jun 26, 2008. My case will have been assigned to an IO for 61 days at that point.

My darling, beautiful ex-wife is very aware of the new memo and its effects and she is pushing the divorce to trial. The exact date has not yet been set, but I should know in a few days here. I'm really hoping the judge is out of town until 2050. Or August. I'll take either. Smiley.

Why she hasn't withdrawn the petition is beyond me.

Seriously... is anyone else laughing along with me? Not really pleasant laughter but horrified, terrified, bizarre, absurd laughter. If we had bad luck beauty pageants I'd be the busty blonde saying "I like World Peace and unicorns" with the big trophy in my hand.

I am crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for you! hang in there! :cool:

Thank you for the support. I'll keep everybody updated.

This is stress I wouldn't wish on anyone in the world. Apart from one person.

I fully disagree. If he's not happy, then he has every right to ditch the tramp. He's come to us for help, so I'm on HIS side.

I'm sorry you have to leave it all, mate. You sure you don't want to stick it out for JUST A LITTLE LONGER?

So am I..
dude, I hope u get sorted out soon ..
bless..

Thank you for the support. I'll keep everybody updated.

This is stress I wouldn't wish on anyone in the world. Apart from one person.

Hi,
I read your story. I'm realy sorry for what you are going through. Hang on there, I wish you good luck and hope you get a 10 y GC soon. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel, things happen for a reason.
All the best,
HudsonValley.

I can't imagine how tough it would be but hey atleast you got a very tiny good news that USCIS is not scheduling interviews. If they were that would have been another hurdle to go through. Now atleast its just a time game. tell the court you are so sick you can't walk, can't talk, can't sleep can't even get out of the bed all because of your ex and you need more time to recover from these emotional injuries and be able to deal with a divorce. :)

I can't imagine how tough it would be but hey atleast you got a very tiny good news that USCIS is not scheduling interviews. If they were that would have been another hurdle to go through. Now atleast its just a time game. tell the court you are so sick you can't walk, can't talk, can't sleep can't even get out of the bed all because of your ex and you need more time to recover from these emotional injuries and be able to deal with a divorce. :)

Hehe. Thanks for the good advice man. I really don't know about the veracity of the no-interviews statement though. I doubt if the ID was aware of the fact that I've moved. For all I know, the move might be enough to spur the IO into scheduling an interview.

My divorce attorney says that the divorce hearing will probably take place some time in August. I have a month and a half. There really is nothing that I can do apart from scheduling InfoPass appointments and bugging them.

Next update on the 26th, unless something else happens before then.

I am DEFINITELY laughing at all this (the comedy of life, eh?), but it's like laughing at David Brent's behaviour when you watch the British Office, or at Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's more like a cringe, really, that then causes your body to laugh. It's ridiculous. Good luck at your appointment, mate.

I keep waiting for the Curb Your Enthusiasm music to start playing so I know it's time to quit but apparently life doesn't help you out with the usual audio clues that TV does.

My divorce hearing has been scheduled for August 26th. At this point, feedback from people who moved/whose cases were (movie announcer's voice): "transferred to an IO" would be much appreciated. As in timelines, need for a second interview, etc.

Let's beat this dead horse until it turns to paste. Then let's brush our teeth with it, take our clothes off, rub vaseline all over each other and dance around a giant straw effigy chanting "love... love... love..."

Infopass next week on the 26th.

I Heart USCIS

Had my second Infopass today.

1. My namecheck has definitely cleared. I even got a date this time. Mar 30. It was assigned to an IO on Mar 31.

2. My case was then transferred to a supervisor shortly thereafter. Why? Some additional questioning.

3. The supervisor transferred my file to a new IO on May 25. Why? The previous IO might have had a high case load. The unanswered questions might have been answered. Or just because they can. ID part 2. really has no answer.

"Doesn't that put me at the back of the queue for the new IO yet again?" I ask. I am polite, restrained, brown and with a difficult name to pronouce. I know the rules.

"Have you filed an address change form with us?" ID Part 2., replies and a tumbleweed rolls by.

4. He says that at this time, it is taking IO's at LEAST 4 months to even process the cases on their desk. I tell him that the previous ID informed me that it was taking 90 days, at the most. He then tells me that the previous IO might have had a timeframe like that but the new IO whom the supervisor transferred my case to is really backed up.

"So then what why would they transfer my case to an IO who is even more backed up to speed up processing?" I ask. I am brown and with a difficult name to pronounce but now I have a very bizarre suspicion - I don't know why - that I am being screwed with. I can even feel my nether regions contracting in pain.

"Is this your new address?" ID Part 2., replies and another tumbleweed, a truck full of Cubans and an overfed goldfish in a small bowl roll by.

5. ID Part 2., then tells me that I will need another interview and I will need to be fingerprinted again. I high five him and ask him if he wants to make out. He declines.

6. Five minutes later, in closing, ID Part 2., contradicts everything he has said in the previous 5 statements and tells me that my approval could show up any day...

... in the next 6 months and that there is NOTHING I can do about processing times.

I just wanted to share this with anyone who cares. I am on my way to get royally drunk right now.

A quick question:

Does a file transfer to a supervisor means a denial was issued and that the supervisor sent it to an adjudicator to schedule an interview?

Or is it all just a big no-one-knows?

hi,
ur posts make me smile inspite of all that we are going thru. you are right. they really dont know what they are saying. sometimes i think they just type some numbers presumably our A no and then all they get is a blank screen and they tell the applicant whatever suits the situation. anthing to shut us and not ask them more questions.
a couple of weeks back when i made an infopass and asked them where my file was? in an undisclosed location was the reply. can u beleive that? a few weeks before that the guy peers into the screen and says "pending security clearance" . you will receive something real soo.i go how soon? and he says very very soon. that is 4 months ago. how about that?.

a couple of days ago i called the 1800 no and sent a service request and today i get a letter saying BC pendig. and to shut myself for another 6 months. i have given up on the GC and decided to get on with my life. i am sure when i get it in god knows how many months or years i will be devoid of any emotion. thanks to the uscis for their excellent service. i think sometimes people like us should sue them for mental agony that they caused us for their sloppiness. or else how would u explain something that should have taken not less than 36-48 hours is taking them 7 months.

anyway all the best to you and sorry for the long post

hi,
ur posts make me smile inspite of all that we are going thru. you are right. they really dont know what they are saying. sometimes i think they just type some numbers presumably our A no and then all they get is a blank screen and they tell the applicant whatever suits the situation. anthing to shut us and not ask them more questions.
a couple of weeks back when i made an infopass and asked them where my file was? in an undisclosed location was the reply. can u beleive that? a few weeks before that the guy peers into the screen and says "pending security clearance" . you will receive something real soo.i go how soon? and he says very very soon. that is 4 months ago. how about that?.

a couple of days ago i called the 1800 no and sent a service request and today i get a letter saying BC pendig. and to shut myself for another 6 months. i have given up on the GC and decided to get on with my life. i am sure when i get it in god knows how many months or years i will be devoid of any emotion. thanks to the uscis for their excellent service. i think sometimes people like us should sue them for mental agony that they caused us for their sloppiness. or else how would u explain something that should have taken not less than 36-48 hours is taking them 7 months.

anyway all the best to you and sorry for the long post

unlucky girl, do you have your timeline? I understand what you're going through. At least I have an indication of where my file is. It's really just sitting on someone desk while he/she works through this mysterious backlog I keep hearing about. For you, I really don't know what to say.

Hey, wait a second, aren't we a part of this spooky "backlog"?

Why not sue them ug? I would but I'm just not in a position to.

A quick question:

Does a file transfer to a supervisor means a denial was issued and that the supervisor sent it to an adjudicator to schedule an interview?

Or is it all just a big no-one-knows?

I guess my previous post got deleted.

If anyone has the time to ponder with me, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. I found out my file had actually gone from one IO to a supervisor who sent it to a new IO on Apr 25. Does anyone know why that generally happens?

2. They're now telling me that it's taking at least 120 days to process cases on IO's desks. I have a feeling they're just pulling random numbers out every time I go, just to justify the wait.

Is there anything I can do at this point apart from just wait and see if I have a last little bit of luck left in my bowl?

I entered the US on an F1 Visa in 08/2002. In 04/2005, I got married to a girl I had known since my first day of college. It was a genuine marriage, full of laughter and love and blah blah blah. I went out of status on 05/2005. I filed for my paperwork on 04/2006, had my interview in 09/2006, which went through smoothly and the lady said that we would have to wait for the FBI namecheck to clear. In Dec, I had to file a Waiver of Excludability. I had a 3 year old marijuana misdemeanor on my record and the out of status situation. Cut to 12/2007 and the FBI namecheck hasn't cleared. I put in a status check in 10/2007 and they said to check back in 6 months.

The major dilemma now though is that I recently found out that my wife has been cheating on me for god knows how long with god knows how many men. When confronted with this news, my wife threw a fit and pretty much told me it was my fault. The last two years of swiping my credit card to feed her fine food and give her bright shiny things as well as a dog (which is partly why I'm 8k in debt) were apparently loveless tortorous years for her, full of much pain and misery and Outback steaks. My wife pretty much left with the car and told me it was over. Devastated, I had no choice but to move to Seattle where the only family I have in the US lives.

My question to you is what can I do at this point? I don't want to go back home and don't think I should have to. It's not my fault that the woman I married turned into a complete nutjob two years down the line. We are supposedly still working things out, but her parents tell me that they have already started divorce proceedings against me. I would go and get an attorney, but I don't have a lot of money and I want to make sure that getting an attorney is going to accomplish SOMETHING, before I hand over the cash. This woman is absolutely crazy. She compares getting deported to her being grounded by her parents. I'm serious. She's been telling me that my dog's still in Omaha and she sees him everyday when I just found out that they (my moral, upright inlaws who told me that we shouldn't stay married because their daughter doesn't have health insurance) gave my dog away to someone who lives in Colorado. I know that in the eyes of the government I'm not even a person, but why should these people be allowed to get away with this because I'm not an American? I did nothing wrong. And I'm the one who's losing everything over it. My Visa's expired, my passport is about to expire and my EAD is about to expire. I finally found a job I like with people who think I'm smart and it's all about to go away.

Please help me out. I am at my wit's end. This woman tells me we are still working things out, but I really don't believe her and don't want to anymore. I want my card and I want to move on with my life.

And NEVER EVER EVER date again.

I will definitely get a very good lawyer bz it looks U are in big trouble ....Goodluck...

Oh my god, do you think so? How big?

To everyone else:

I wrote to my senator. She sent me back a letter dated July 10, 2008 that says that my namecheck cleared on May 15, 2008 and was then assigned to an IO. The letter also states that I should have a decision in the next 30 days and if I don't, then I should contact the senator's office again.

Not sure if this means anything. Not sure what the purpose of this post is. If anyone wants to fund the "Marriedtoanut Wants to see the Dark Knight on an Imax Screen Before He gets Deported" fund, I have PayPal.

Hope the rest of your are getting your cards, jobs, promotions, financing, laid, etc.

Oh my god, do you think so? How big?

To everyone else:

I wrote to my senator. She sent me back a letter dated July 10, 2008 that says that my namecheck cleared on May 15, 2008 and was then assigned to an IO. The letter also states that I should have a decision in the next 30 days and if I don't, then I should contact the senator's office again.

Not sure if this means anything. Not sure what the purpose of this post is. If anyone wants to fund the "Marriedtoanut Wants to see the Dark Knight on an Imax Screen Before He gets Deported" fund, I have PayPal.

Hope the rest of your are getting your cards, jobs, promotions, financing, laid, etc.

Hi, did you fill the online form on the web or you you physically sent a letter to the senator?

Here's what I did:

1. Filled out the online web form for just normal queries. Noted on there that I was also going to fax them the Privacy Release form.

2. Called them to make sure that they would match up the two.

3. Faxed the form to the local senator's office.

4. Called back to confirm and made a verbal request with the agent at the same time.

I got a response back in less than a week. I would recommend filling out everything that you can. Do it online, via paper and also call them.

ur stupid for depending on others for trying to stay in the country. marriage is a liability....its never a guaranteed thing to work. u should have evaluated the cost/benefit of going into marriage, 2)look at how long u might have known her and 3) never put all ur eggss in one basket