got the interview notice today -- DC office

Al,
Thanks for the update. All I can say is that people on this msg board who managed to get their GC processed thro' the DC office are very, very lucky. I just don't understand why this DO is so messed up...and there are other DOs like Calif. where people get their GCs in 4-5 months. Just our luck!

DC applicants...

I had an info pass on May 23rd, 2007 in VA, and to inquire what is going with my AOS process. I had some lady with some heavy attitude and she gave me some terrible story which should make all DC applicants concerned....

Apparently, in DC....USCIS office send to the Service Center what is called a "pick" of numbers (representing people doing AOS), and service center then mail or send all the files representing the numbers in the "pick" to the DO in VA, which will then schedule an AOS interview. So...if your number is within the requested "pick", then you will be send NOA for interview, irrespective of when you applied. :rolleyes:

So...DC is scheduling interviews not on the when you applied, but based on the "picks" which they have established in some arbitrary manner to facilitate the AOS of all applicants. :rolleyes: For all you know..if your application has been pending for years, then it is possible someone is "picking" other files and leaving your application on the desk somewhere picking dust....:eek:

I forced the lady to send an email to the service center to release my file to the DO, she send the email while I was waiting by her desk (whether they will release my file or not-it is not up to me), so that they can adjudicate my file and get the stupid card. I have to travel overseas, and when you give away your diplomatic priviledges for this stupid GC, then how is one supposed to travel on an advanced parole, especially if you have to travel for weeks at a time developing investment business worldwide....:rolleyes:

If June ends without any progress, then I am going to withdraw my applications and get back on my diplomatic visa, so that I can travel extensively for my job. I would care less about the GC, especially when you have such a corrupt and inefficient system run by people with nasty attitudes...:mad: Lastly, all DC filers, make info pass and harass the officers there. Make an info pass every month, and write a letter each month too....

If you call 1800 number, then they only give you what you see on your online profile, but the Immigration Officer at DO can go into all systems and check what the hell is going....even tell you if your background check is complete.

This is very hard to believe - especially that the immigration officers told you this - everywhere USCIS says "We process cases in the order we receive them".

Be it true or not, DC DO is terrible. But I guess there is no other option for DC/NOVA residents.

Interview after namecheck

At my InfoPass appointment, I was told that DC DO is scheduling interviews for AOS spouses ony after they have cleared the name check. And there's no specific timeframe in which the namecheck will be done--can take months, years. USCIS says that it has no way to find out the progress of a namecheck from the FBI. !!!

sam,
which country are you from? it seemed from what i was told at the infopass appointment that namechecks for applicants from certain countries are taking longer. the info officer could be wrong--so who knows!

Another Update from District of Criminals

Guys,

I went to another info pass this Monday, and met one of those idiotic and ignorant immigration officers. :( She basically told me that they have not scheduled interviews for the 1st half of time this year, because they had suspended interviewing people who had applied for greencard to clear their backlog of other cases. :rolleyes: She told me that they didn't interview anyone for the past 6 months and they are will now start to schedule people for interviews.

So, DC filers confirm if you have been interviewed in the past 6 months. :cool:

So, basically they have been rigging the monthly updates without actually issuing any interview notices. I am struck by how passive and tolerant people in the DC area are, because I am seeing DO in PA, NY or NC, even ATL where people who applied this year have their greencard already. As for DC, they are banking on screwing us for more money when it comes to EAD or AP. In the past, they claimed that their processing times for GC was 6 months, but now in DC office, they claim it is 12 months. :rolleyes:

However, I laid it on the immigration officer that she went to get some additional information from her supervisor to quell my fire. I even told her that they have the gall to raise fees on an immigration system staffed by incompetent and untrained people. It is a rare occassion when you visit the immigration office that you find someone who is courteous and understand the concept of client management and service. I am beginning to think that Americans are full of themselves too much... I suspected they were in the past, but now it is becoming more evident that their concept of an immigrant is someone who is poor or being chased by lions or dictators or a poverty in their luggage. :mad: At least, Europeans are better at understand when to shove our pride in our behinds and put our best foot forward... :)

DC filers...write and call your congressman... because immigration officers in DC are full of stool... ;)

no interview yet!

As of June 14, the Wash DC DO was posting the dates of Sept. 14--saying that they are completing the cases around that timeframe. Going by that, I should have at least received my interview letter (since I have a ND of Oct. 13) scheduling an interview for some time in the coming months. But I haven't received any letter.

I was also told at my InfoPass about a month ago that they are scheduling interviews only if the namecheck is cleared.

Anybody with ND Feb Last week or later received Interview letter with DO : Washington DC.

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: 05/18/07
Interview: ?

changes in Infopass

I tried to schedule an InfoPass appointment at the DC district office this morning. Looks like USCIS has reduced the number of options to schedule an InfoPass. Previously, you could speak to an IO to find the status of your case. But now, these are the only options available. Looks like they do not want people scheduling InfoPass to find the case status/namecheck status.

These are the new options:

Please select Kind of Service you need
*You need Service on a case that has already been filed

*You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card

*You want to file an application in person

*You need information or other services

*You need a form.

When you click on the first option, this is what it shows up:

Services on a case that has already been filed

At Case Status Online
You can check current case processing times to get an idea of how long your case should take.

If your case has a receipt number, you can check the status.

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed.

Please choose from the following -
Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Any news?

Guys,

Anything happening for DC filers? I think someone needs to go there and do something big....like drop a load on the director of USCIS in DC.. of crabs...:mad:

Any August 06 applicants who have been called for interview? I am curious to know that, if people who filed this year in NJ, GA, CA and NY have already being approved and GC in hand, what in GOD's green earth, can the DC office be doing except to screw people over for more money and emotional bull...:D

Anyone who's been called for interview should post and let us know...:rolleyes:

updates

Al,
Do you have an Aug. 06 Notice Date?
According to the USCIS processing times, Wash DC D.O. is working (completing) on cases filed in Sept. 06!

Not at all..

Al,
Do you have an Aug. 06 Notice Date?
According to the USCIS processing times, Wash DC D.O. is working (completing) on cases filed in Sept. 06!

GC,

No... Nov 06 is my receipt from hell... date... :confused: I wonder when they are going to adjudicate my case and let me move on with my life... I might have to revert back to my diplomatic visa and enjoy my hassle free travels...

Life is excellent though... no need to complain about silly crap...:)

yup--it's one of the worst!

hi sakshi,
not sure if there are any july/aug '07 filers here. but you're definitely in the company of people who filed last year!
truly, this d.o. is one of the slowest. :mad:

Another update

Guys,:(

I had another info pass to find out what in GOD's green earth is happening with my applications since Nov 06. Unlike in the past, I found a very nice and thoughtful officer who was able to check through all their system, and nicely informed me that I am in the que for interviewing, but background check done long time ago. ...For DC, it seems as if they aren't scheduling interviews in large numbers because of backlog which their office have...for people who filed years ago.:rolleyes:

I asked that he email NBC to find out when they will release my file to the DO, and he was happy to do it and promised to call me when he received a response from NBC. He printed a copy of the email and showed it to you, outlining my concern that this process has taken longer than it required. So, I also completed a status inquiry form-included my contacts and he told me as soon as he hears from NBC, he will call me on my cellphone. :p

I received a call around 3pm of the same day, the officer told me that NBC is only holding to my file, because Washington, DC is is processing cases with August 06 receipt, and as soon as they start to process Nov 06 cases, I will be scheduled for interview. So, all people who filed years ago, are responsible for the DC backlog... :cool:

Backlog... is created by cases which officers await their supervisors to approve. :mad: Also, cases in which people didn't bring enough paperwork to support the basis for filing, and by the time the submit the information, officer is involved with another case. :eek: So, advise I got from the officer... bring all the paperwork, make additional copies and ensure that your case is handled and approved on the spot. If you case isn't approved, then you have to wait 120 days before making an inquiry into the case. :mad:

NB: DC filers with August and September '06 receipt, if you haven't received your interview notice, then you are killing all filers after you, because unless you make an info pass to find out why they haven't scheduled you, because then they will be forced to schedule you while you are their office. DC filers make some noise and force the DO to look at finishing your case...:D

Guys,:(
So, advise I got from the officer... bring all the paperwork, make additional copies and ensure that your case is handled and approved on the spot. If you case isn't approved, then you have to wait 120 days before making an inquiry into the case. :mad:

I asked the IO during my infopass yesterday why was there such a delay at my DO. She told me the same thing, about 3 out 5 cases are no approved the same day because a lack of evidence or documents. People just do not prepare for the interview :p

Congrats on your success finding out about your case, hopefully it will come through soon!

ps: what is the officer's phone number ;)?

DO phone # unlisted and unknown

I asked the IO during my infopass yesterday why was there such a delay at my DO. She told me the same thing, about 3 out 5 cases are no approved the same day because a lack of evidence or documents. People just do not prepare for the interview :p

Congrats on your success finding out about your case, hopefully it will come through soon!

ps: what is the officer's phone number ;)?

Praet,

Thanks. Distrcit Office do not take phone calls from applicants, so their number is unlisted and when they call you, it appears as unknown and your cellphone company cannot even give u the number. So, I don't have the phone number.

Cheers,

Al