got the interview notice today -- DC office

any info on namecheck?

Al,
At your Infopass, did the IO mention anything about namechecks? That people are being scheduled for interviews only after the namecheck is complete?
Thanks.

Nothing was mentioned...

Al,
At your Infopass, did the IO mention anything about namechecks? That people are being scheduled for interviews only after the namecheck is complete?
Thanks.

GC,

No... he mentioned that as long as your receipt date is current, they are more likely to schedule you for an interview, hope that your background check is cleared by the time you appear at the interview. Everyone can make an info pass, request to see if their background check is cleared or not. :cool: If they are not cleared, then it will be prudent to request USCIS to send a request to check if the FBI has done it work.

When is your receipt date? It will be prudent for all Oct filers who haven't received interview notices, to make info passes and make some noise. Unless they want to be waiting till USCIS goes broke...;)

DC filers make some moves... info passes will force the Director to increase interview schedule. I understand that DC office recently increased the number of its staff, so they can handle more cases and more people. :D

thanks for all the updates AL-as you can see it's still 250 days and counting for me. Looks like I can expect interview notice in November the way things are going in DC.

Address changed by mistake

Change of Address(mistake)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting for my interview date and my name check is pending. There was a mix up at my lawyer's office, and my address was changed from Virginia to Maryland. Yesterday my lawyer got a letter from the washington office that my address has been changed on my file and for any further info about my case we should contact the baltimore office.
Now my lawyer has called the 800 number and changed my address back to my virginia address again. It took the washington office four months to change my address, does anyone know how quickly should I expect the baltimore office to change my address?
I have experienced that DC office is very slow and should I expect quicker service from the Baltimore office in this matter.
Does any have experience about address change with the baltimore office or Washington office?

washington DC

Guys great job on keeping the heat on DC office. I will do so (Schedule an info pass) once I see they got close to my date. I am hoping for an interview in early Mid-December.

Received the FP notice dated 8/20 in mailbox yesterday. It asks for FP Code 3 and lists down 2 application numbers.

The actual numbers are slightly different than from the back of my checks.

Will go on 9/11 for FP and then the long long long wait will start as I am in Washington DC DO.

Completed FP this morning. Appointment was at 10 AM, I was there by 9 and completed everything and was out by 10 AM.

Case status is still not available online.

Is there anyone else in Washington DC DO?

Received Interview Notice

Guys,:rolleyes:

Another update from DC DO. I had another info pass on Thursday-9/20/07 and I was informed that my interview notice was mailed out on that day. I just got it in my mailbox, so making an info pass and harassing them each time does yield results.:cool:

End of Oct is my interview date, which is nonsense. My advise to all DC filers, create hell and complain each time you go there. I found out that my interview was scheduled for August, but some douchebag descheduled it without any reason. At this point, I would care less about USCIS. I would like to move-on with my life and ignore their silly way.:mad:

My filing date is Nov 6th, 2006. For DC, it will probably take you a year to be issues a greencard, which sucks. After all, they claim that they are one of the fastest offices in the nations...which is bull:( . Literally, you can have a child while waiting..because apparently, gestation period for a greencard is 12 months...:confused: So go figure...

If you don't go and check your petitions....DC office thinks that all is well and you don't care about it...:rolleyes:

Another update from DC DO. I had another info pass on Thursday-9/20/07 and I was informed that my interview notice was mailed out on that day. I just got it in my mailbox, so making an info pass and harassing them each time does yield results.:cool:

End of Oct is my interview date, which is nonsense. My advise to all DC filers, create hell and complain each time you go there. I found out that my interview was scheduled for August, but some douchebag descheduled it without any reason. At this point, I would care less about USCIS. I would like to move-on with my life and ignore their silly way.:mad:

My filing date is Nov 6th, 2006. For DC, it will probably take you a year to be issues a greencard, which sucks. After all, they claim that they are one of the fastest offices in the nations...which is bull:( . Literally, you can have a child while waiting..because apparently, gestation period for a greencard is 12 months...:confused: So go figure...

If you don't go and check your petitions....DC office thinks that all is well and you don't care about it...:rolleyes:

Well, good for you Al, I knew your perseverance would work! Wish you the best at the interview.

Thanks

:D
Well, good for you Al, I knew your perseverance would work! Wish you the best at the interview.

Praet,

Thanks for the good wishes... I hope things go well, because at times, the people who temporarily might need to screw you for no apparent reason... You hope that you aren't the victim of the screwing on the day...:rolleyes: I think I should be fine...except I need to leave my "lawyery" skills at home. :D

perseverance will take you places you never thought possible, especially when dealing with USCIS...

:D

Praet,

Thanks for the good wishes... I hope things go well, because at times, the people who temporarily might need to screw you for no apparent reason... You hope that you aren't the victim of the screwing on the day...:rolleyes: I think I should be fine...except I need to leave my "lawyery" skills at home. :D

perseverance will take you places you never thought possible, especially when dealing with USCIS...

That was the hardest thing for me at the interview... pretend I was... "naive" ;)

Al-Congrats on getting the interview notice. Hoping that your luck will filter on down to me-I filed about 6 weeks after you so let's see if DC office is on track. Maybe I'll get my notice end of this month for end of Nov. interview. My EAD expires end of Feb so I am hoping to not cut renewal of EAD too close!

Approved in Washington, DC office

DC filers,

Here is a summary of my experiences: We arrived there @ 10:45am for our 11:15am interview. The office had about 10-12 people and my wife and gave the letter to some old lady there. Who seems to be living of the greencards.... Who am I kidding?:p

We were called at about 11:20am and we were accompanied by a young nice officer to her office. We were sworn in, and she asked for my passport and my wife's passport, copies of joint documentation's proving our relationship: bank statements (4 months), Macy's bill,Verizon & T-Mobile, lease, car insurance and health. I provided her with these documentation and she carefully looked at each one of them and asked questions for clarity. How long is your lease? I gave her two albums, wedding one & another during our courtship dating back to the times when rocks were still wet to enable Moses to write the 10 commandments. :rolleyes:

She asked me how we met-and told my wife that I needed to answer. So, I told her how we met, which is none of the forum member's business? Where my wife was living when we met? Where I was living? When last did we take a vacation? What I gave my wife for Xmas? vice versa? Name of my mother-in-law and father-in-law, my wife's sisters and brothers, any relatives whom I have met. :confused:

How many people where at our wedding? She was looking at our wedding album, who were the people in attendance? How I got to the wedding, and how my wife got there? Nothing about our honeymoon.... When did my wife graduate from grad school? Which street is the nearest to where we live? Where do I work? What is the name of our Bank? She looked that another album and asked a question about a picture we took in West Palm Beach in 2003. :cool:

She took all our documents and went to do the photocopies of a majority of them and was gone for about 7 minutes. Before she left, she gave me two immigration forms to complete: I-566 and I-503 to basically take away my diplomatic privileges and immunities from certain US President executive orders, tax exemptions and other goodies. She came back and asked me my mum's and dad's name, and the famous questions on Page 3 (I-485). I said yes about engaging to espionage in the US.... She said very impressive and bold. She was making a small talk with my wife about how she was going to deny another couple's petition because the husband has a long arrest history and is a liar. She said that she wanted to have our wedding album for herself when she gets married, so my wife told her where can make one. :rolleyes:

Finally, she printed a document and explained that we need to file jointly in 2009 to remove conditions since our marriage is 18 months. She stamped all my immigration paperwork with an approval stamp, took my passport and stamped it and told me to wait for my plastic card in the mail by December because they are now being manufactured in Burma, and due to recent unrest, there is a backlog. :eek:

My disappointed was on the fact that I no longer have access to diplomatic privileges and tax-exemptions. I am relieved that I don't have to set my foot or see an immigration office for a long-time. When I am ready to file for removal of conditions, I am going to send them a 60lbs case full of documents, so that they can leave me alone. I hope my experiences will help someone.:D

Hey, Al Southner. Thanks to your posts, I learned so many things with it. How do I harrass the DC Office? My i-485 is still at the NBC but when I made an infopass appt in Fairfax, VA the officer told me they are expecting it there anytime.

Also, do you mind sharing your timeline with me? THANKS!!!!

A2 married to USC Dec 2006
DO: Washington DC
We sent (3) checks, one for each application. When they returned all the forms to us, they only returned (2) checks with it. I assumed they LOST the check for my I-130 since it is the only one missing from the returned pkg . (I have copies of all 3 checks sent to them). Still, we re-issued the checks and mailed back all of them as instructed. Also, we called the bank and put a STOP PAYMENT on the one check USCIS did not return to us, for fear that it might end up with the wrong hands.

5/14: RD I-130/I-485/I-765 (for the 2nd time)
5/17: ND on all 3 (this time with amount rcvd for each)
5/24: ND for Bio for I485 & I130
5/30: ND from Vermont Svc Ctr for I130 with RD of 4/30 & Amount Rcvd - weird!!!
6/13: Bio complete
6/11: Rcvd RFE letter from NBC
6/14: ND Stopped processing I130 because the check submitted as pymt was returned to the bank.
Now I think they are talking about the 1st check we mailed. After days of speaking on the phone and exchanging of emails with the Debt Management Center and the Vermont Service Center, they sent us an email admitting to their "mistakes" and cancelled the invoice they sent us. Good thing I made copies of EVERYTHING to show them as proof!
6/18: ND full pymt rcvd and processing resumed
7/13: LUD on I485 response to RFE rcvd, case resumed, expect response w/in 60 days
8/1: EAD approved
8/6: EAD card rcvd
10/15: Infopass appt for I485 since it has been more than 60 days - Officer told me the same thing as the info on the website, they said i am still within the "normal" processing time, and that it's still "too early" to worry

Hey, Al Southner. Thanks to your posts, I learned so many things with it. How do I harrass the DC Office? My i-485 is still at the NBC but when I made an infopass appt in Fairfax, VA the officer told me they are expecting it there anytime.

Also, do you mind sharing your timeline with me? THANKS!!!!

A2 married to USC Dec 2006
DO: Washington DC
We sent (3) checks, one for each application. When they returned all the forms to us, they only returned (2) checks with it. I assumed they LOST the check for my I-130 since it is the only one missing from the returned pkg . (I have copies of all 3 checks sent to them). Still, we re-issued the checks and mailed back all of them as instructed. Also, we called the bank and put a STOP PAYMENT on the one check USCIS did not return to us, for fear that it might end up with the wrong hands.

5/14: RD I-130/I-485/I-765 (for the 2nd time)
5/17: ND on all 3 (this time with amount rcvd for each)
5/24: ND for Bio for I485 & I130
5/30: ND from Vermont Svc Ctr for I130 with RD of 4/30 & Amount Rcvd - weird!!!
6/13: Bio complete
6/11: Rcvd RFE letter from NBC
6/14: ND Stopped processing I130 because the check submitted as pymt was returned to the bank.
Now I think they are talking about the 1st check we mailed. After days of speaking on the phone and exchanging of emails with the Debt Management Center and the Vermont Service Center, they sent us an email admitting to their "mistakes" and cancelled the invoice they sent us. Good thing I made copies of EVERYTHING to show them as proof!
6/18: ND full pymt rcvd and processing resumed
7/13: LUD on I485 response to RFE rcvd, case resumed, expect response w/in 60 days
8/1: EAD approved
8/6: EAD card rcvd
10/15: Infopass appt for I485 since it has been more than 60 days - Officer told me the same thing as the info on the website, they said i am still within the "normal" processing time, and that it's still "too early" to worry

Mr. B,

My time line is a shame dirty adventure....:rolleyes:

Filed 11/03/2006
NOA 11/07/2006
FP Notice 11/25/2006
EAD issued 01/29/2007
NOA Inter. 09/27/2007
Inter. 10/31/2007
Approved 10/31/2007

In between these time-lines, I was making an info pass to their Fairfax, VA office every month and harass the officers there. If you go there and act like a beggar, you aren't going to be treated with respect and dignity. You should demand to speak to the immediate supervisor of the IO, especially if your case has been pending for over 6 months. :eek: What the IO told you is a standard language for BS....the file will be here anytime... what about last night or tomorrow or 3 weeks ago? Don't buy it... anytime in USCIS lingo is next year in June or July 2008. USCIS is a leader of the overall government incompetence behind the EAP....:eek:

Here is a trick, always request that they email NBC to ask when your file is going to be send to the local office (Fairfax), and the I/O will call you with a response from NBC. For me, because of my diplomatic visa status, I had some latitude to blow them off with how terrible and atrocious their service was, because they don't have the authority to terminate or deny my applications w/o due cause or proof of illegality. :rolleyes:Most importantly, only the State Dept has a right to terminate my diplomatic visa after concuring with my employer, who has a right to object to this move, which rarely happens. However, temper your tone if your visa is within their powers, because you could skewered severely.....by the savages there...:D

In addition, write two letters each month, one to NBC and DO in Fairfax, asking an update on the status of your case. Man...you should be firm and strong in your insistence that they explain their inconsistency. Lastly, when I was at the interview yesterday, I saw a file in the IO office, a crate full of files for people still awaiting interview schedule, and they were a lot of files....:( I was glad that my file finally came out of this office and was being done.

Wish you luck and success...:)