F1 On OPT married to USC, DO: St. Louis, MO

6/23/06 Concurrent filed Package Mailed to Chicago
6/25/06 RD
6/28/06 ND
7/25/06 FP taken
10/11/06 EAD approval
1/08/07 Interview Notive Rev
2/23/07 Interview Date

CONGRATS. When is the interview date? sundra_shi, can you please tell which visa are you currently in and from which country?

Sundra_shi,
Good to hear! I am with this DO too and my timeline is almost the same as yours. I just hope that I will get it soon as well:) Do you actually see any update online message when they sent you the notice? what is your interview date?
pls keep us posted and good luck!

The interview day will be on Feb 26th. I did not have any visa right now. I just changed a new job using EAD. I am from china. The online service status is not updated so far.

DC sucks...

Guys,

DC seems to be worst DO of all the DO in the country. The corruption in Fairfax,VA has slowed things down, because it was already slow. I can see for other posters here, their IL comes within 3-4 months, but it seems as if for DC, on average is 8 months. :confused:

Here is a secret: Unless you threaten to sue, DC officers won't move.. :eek:

If you get your IL, jump three times, re-read the letter to make sure it is for real, lest you be disappointed. Moreover, hold on till you are actually interviewed, cause it could be rescheduled because the officers are backlogged...that's DC guys.... :(

got the interview notice, DO D.C.

After the usps delivered all of the accumulated mails today (we were out of town for two weeks vacation), I found the interview letter!! It was sent on Jan.3rd, so I assume it probably arrived within the passed a couple of days or so. my interview date is on Feb.27th.

DO: D.C. (fairfax, VA)
July 8th,2006 RD
July 13th, 2006 ND
Aug.3rd, 2006 FP done
Sept.19th, 2006 EAD/AP approved
Oct.22nd, 2006 LUD for all
Jan. 9th, 2007 found the interview letter in the mail
Feb.27th, 2007 interview date

Hack_It,

It appears our dates are same. May be we will have interview on the same date. Which country are you from and which visa did you enter in? Keep posted and keep in touch.

andyjpa said:
Hack_It,

It appears our dates are same. May be we will have interview on the same date. Which country are you from and which visa did you enter in? Keep posted and keep in touch.

I came on an F1 visa in Aug 2002 from Bulgaria.

All,
My wife's interview is on Jan 30 in fairfax va
Any tips? I am getting a little nervous now
I believe I have all the paperwork but with immigration you never know
I am a USC and her receipt date was Jun 8 2006. Interview letter received on Dec 12.
Hope everyone waiting gets their letter soon.

good luck, keep us posted

Good luck to you and your wife. Let's hope it will be smooth sailing.
Please post your detailed experience after the interview.
We are also from the DC office, with RD of Oct. 2006. So any insight will help.
Thanks!

DC office cases: NBC or other service centers?

Andyjpa, Sundri-shi, Sawaal13, Jessys, and others with cases in the DC district office: Were your cases transferred from the National Benefits Center (Miss. Service Center) to some other service center? Or has the NBC (Miss. Service Center) been processing them?
Please share.
Thanks.

Interview Today -- Disappointed

All,

We had our nterview today at 1:30 in the Fairfax office. They called us around 3:00. The officer gave us the oath and went over my wife's app.
She asked us a few question about our last entry in the US, brithcertificate( in India birth certificates do not have the name when the child is born.
asked about her old passports and renewed passport took all our paperwork and told her that she would make her decison and you will get something in the mail. I do not know what that means and we are really disappoinetd.

I did notice that she was consulting with another official . may be she was new and wanted to take her time
what does this mean. Are we denied/approved or just have to wait.

This waiting game is making us so pessimistic.

Sawaal,

You will be fine. Atleast you are not in name check. Normally when they say the decision will be in mail, there is a good chance that you will get approval notice as the officer may not have authority to approve. Also, I noticed some people approve cases only on a certain day of the week.
Please keep us posted.

gc-thro-spouse said:
Andyjpa, Sundri-shi, Sawaal13, Jessys, and others with cases in the DC district office: Were your cases transferred from the National Benefits Center (Miss. Service Center) to some other service center? Or has the NBC (Miss. Service Center) been processing them?
Please share.
Thanks.

The online status message still shows Missouri. So I guess the petition is with NBC

interview today -- disappointed again

i need some advice as to how USCIS will make their decision. As I had told you that we had an inerview today and the inspector said that she would review the case and send the decison in the mail.
Let me tell you abt our case
MY wife has an asylee status and she had file 485 AOS through that case in july 2002.

When I became a USC in March 2006 I applied for her 485 AOS in june.
We already had a asylee travel document during filing and made a 3 day trip to canada on oct 2006 before we got the interview letter. We had made a 4 day trip to aruba in june 2006 as well on the travel document issued on the asylee AOS.

At that time both our cases were pending and subject to approval.

I am getting a little negative vibe from this as to why I did not get a 551 stamp today since I had all the paperwork. She stated that she would review the case and mail the decision by law it can take upto 120 days

Please advice ASAP.

NBC or other service centers

andyjpa said:
The online status message still shows Missouri. So I guess the petition is with NBC

Andy,
Thanks. The reason I asked is when I checked the processing dates at NBC, there are no listings for I-130. But there I-130 processing dates at VSC and CSC for I-130s. So I was wondering if our I-130s are at NBC, then how will we know which dates are being processed. :confused: