got the interview notice today -- DC office

Congrats Hack_It. I hope I get the good news before the end of this week. What time is your interview?

Run down on scandals...

:D
joining the ranks / trenches with other DC filers (thought I was North Carolina). as you can tell by my signature timeline I have quite a ways to go for my interview. as processing times look now, could my estimate be right?-interview letter in June for a July interview? I bet DC is one of the toughest interview places per Al Southner comments on corruption-what exactly happened?

Catjupp,

Are you referencing the immigration fraud scandal in VA? :confused: In a ballshell, a group of thugs were selling immigration benefits by marrying US citizens with foreigners whom they never met before. :cool: After marriage, the US citizens were paid and the immigrants waited on their benefits and ONLY meet for the interview. All of these people were coached on how to behave like married couple, to qualify for immigration approval. About 80% of those people were approved and enjoyed those benefits.:) This scan has a potential to ruin the lives of thousands of people who used this Arlington Court office for these sham marriages...;)

Second scan involved a Sr. Director in Fairfax Office, he was selling Naturalization certificates to illegal and legal Asian immigrations. :eek: He fetched as much as $25k per certificate, so he made a whole lot of $$$. However, he got busted and face up to 25 years in jail, will likely lose his govt pension and seizure of his property. :eek: The case still has to go before a judge, and can't wait to attend his trial. :rolleyes:

As you saw last week, Scooter is heading to federal prison for violating the law, and white collar criminals are bound to be severely punished by the justice dept...:D

In DC, you will be approved as long as you don't have any issues or your marriage smells like a dead fish in a pickle jar... :eek:

man-we are in for the long haul! still no interview, AndyJPA? is DC really only at May files-or is that their way of saying expect interviews could be taking 10 months perhaps less?

Takes forever!

DC is indeed a long haul. You just have to be immensely patient.
It took one of our friends in this area 10 months for the entire process--filing to receiving the card. They had no RFEs or any other glitches.

WASHINGTON DC office Green Card AOS Timeline

Hi here is my timeline.

I-130 (Green Card holder) PD 8/23/2006

I-130 Upgraded over the phone on 3/15/07 and received notice on that on 3/22.

AOS Package (except Adv. Parole) but includes I-130 and certificate of spouse's cit sent to Chicago lockbox: USPS delivery 3/19

As of 3/28, checks not cashed yet.

I will update once I receive info.

Question if anybody knows the answer, I've been legal in the US for the past 12 years. I have an AOS based on National of Interest employment pending since 2003. I already passed the background checks. Do you think since I passed the background checks per employment AOS that my new family based case will know some above average processing speed or not?

Thanks

DC Office AOS

Here is my timeline:
I-130 PD: 8/23/2006 upgraded 3/15/2007.
I-485 and I-765: PD 3/22/2007
No Fing. Print Notice yet.

DC Area intending Adjusters,
Coudl you please post your timelines.

We all now DC is very slow. This is a way to know the dates they are working on now. I think they are still working on late last year's applications.

I-485 dates

Looks like the I-485 dates for the DC district office jumped 2 months. They are now processing Aug. 8, 2006 cases. Of course, these dates are pretty unreliable. But at least there's some progress and some glimmer of hope.
Any updates for DC filers? Please share.

Dc Filers-this Process Isn't For You...it Is For "picks"

DC applicants...

I had an info pass on May 23rd, 2007 in VA, and to inquire what is going with my AOS process. I had some lady with some heavy attitude and she gave me some terrible story which should make all DC applicants concerned....

Apparently, in DC....USCIS office send to the Service Center what is called a "pick" of numbers (representing people doing AOS), and service center then mail or send all the files representing the numbers in the "pick" to the DO in VA, which will then schedule an AOS interview. So...if your number is within the requested "pick", then you will be send NOA for interview, irrespective of when you applied. :rolleyes:

So...DC is scheduling interviews not on the when you applied, but based on the "picks" which they have established in some arbitrary manner to facilitate the AOS of all applicants. :rolleyes: For all you know..if your application has been pending for years, then it is possible someone is "picking" other files and leaving your application on the desk somewhere picking dust....:eek:

I forced the lady to send an email to the service center to release my file to the DO, she send the email while I was waiting by her desk (whether they will release my file or not-it is not up to me), so that they can adjudicate my file and get the stupid card. I have to travel overseas, and when you give away your diplomatic priviledges for this stupid GC, then how is one supposed to travel on an advanced parole, especially if you have to travel for weeks at a time developing investment business worldwide....:rolleyes:

If June ends without any progress, then I am going to withdraw my applications and get back on my diplomatic visa, so that I can travel extensively for my job. I would care less about the GC, especially when you have such a corrupt and inefficient system run by people with nasty attitudes...:mad: Lastly, all DC filers, make info pass and harass the officers there. Make an info pass every month, and write a letter each month too....

If you call 1800 number, then they only give you what you see on your online profile, but the Immigration Officer at DO can go into all systems and check what the hell is going....even tell you if your background check is complete.

hi all...i'm new to this forum bt needs to ask if anyone of you have been applying for AOS through marriage to a us citizen while on a tourist visa?..cuz i need to know the procedures and the interview questions in this case..

thank you