Good news EB3 relief passed in senate

raj_agrawal_04

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to share a news for the EB3 retro. If this gets cleared then
we may see the jump in the PD.

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,911,6717,9243

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief.

The REAL ID Act (if not passed by the Senate), H-2B relief, and EB-3 relief will be subject to conference negotiations. It is thus important to focus attention on Members of both the House and Senate.

Thx,
Raj

Thanks Raj sharing the information. Sure eb-3 will get relief if this bill passes.
--shishe

GC@NSC said:
Can you elaborate on Schedule A Occupations. Thanks
Schedule A occupations is as defined by the Dept. Of Labor.

===
Schedule A
(a) Group I:

(1) Persons who will be employed as physical therapists
(2) Aliens who will be employed as professional nurses

(b) Group II:

Aliens (except for aliens in the performing arts) of exceptional ability in the sciences or arts including college and university teachers of exceptional ability who have been practicing their science or art during the year prior to application and who intend to practice the same science or art in the United States.

For purposes of this group, the term ``science or art'' means any field of knowledge and/or skill with respect to which colleges and universities commonly offer specialized courses leading to a degree in the knowledge and/or skill.

An alien, however, need not have studied at a college or university in order to qualify for the Group II occupation.

===
Sounds like most EB3 would be covered under Schedule A, Group II

hi all my LC (subs) used for I-140 from texas Service Center and it is pending since august 2003. We got an in
i-140 receipt date is 8/2003
RFE on i-140 is jan and replied on jan too no information yet..

RFE was about Pay stub ...what are my chances to getting approved..any one any thoughs any suggession please let me know thanks in advance.
vijay

I have seen bew ticker it does not says eb3 releif passed. Why are you guys so happy. It is really passed? if then I am really happy.

Future Projections of EB3 Retrogressions

from MurthyDotCom

For the remainder of FY2005, the DOS expects the EB3 numbers not to move much in either one direction or the other. EB1 and EB2 are not expected to retrogress during FY2005, which ends September 30, 2005.

In the second half of FY2006, the EB2 category is expected to retrogress for mainland China and India. The DOS projects that the EB1 category may possibly also retrogress for India and China in FY2006.

From Shusterman site, seems like the bill is going to give 50000 additional visas for Occupation A. No mention of visa-recapture ( perhaps 50000 for nurses is from the recapture) for other categories.

Are others screwed?

I look like EB3 (other than RN) are screwed. I have read the bill amendment
when I started the thread and did not find the EB3 other than RN mentioned there. But reading through the web site have created the hope that 50% will be available to us.
Now it look like it is not the case. Is there any attorney that can help us figure out what is the correct interpretation.

Raj

avi101 said:
From Shusterman site, seems like the bill is going to give 50000 additional visas for Occupation A. No mention of visa-recapture ( perhaps 50000 for nurses is from the recapture) for other categories.

Are others screwed?

Form Other Web site

Bill Passed to Provide Limited Relief from Retrogression
Posted May 04, 2005

H.R. 1268, a bill that was primarily intended to provide supplemental appropriations for defense, the global war on terror, and tsunami relief, has been passed by both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate. However, it contains some important immigration provisions. The House and Senate announced on May 3, 2005 that they have reached an agreement on the final wording of the Bill. This Bill is not yet enacted into law, but is expected to be signed by the President, which will finalize it into law.

The Bill would amend the provision of AC21 that released certain unused visa numbers to all employment-based categories. In H.R. 1268, 50 percent of these employment-based visa numbers are allocated solely to Schedule A cases, which affects nurses and physical therapists. This would be quite helpful to nurses and physical therapists, occupations in high demand in the U.S. It would also be helpful to address the current retrogression problem in the EB-3 category. Of course, this is a short-term solution. Details of this Bill will be made available in our May 6, 2005 MurthyBulletin and on MurthyDotCom.

Source: Murthy.com

raj_agrawal_04 said:
when I started the thread and did not find the EB3 other than RN mentioned there. But reading through the web site have created the hope that 50% will be available to us.
Now it look like it is not the case. Is there any attorney that can help us figure out what is the correct interpretation.

Raj

somehow i still continue to believe that remaining 50% will be allocated to the other professionals. This issue is more suitable for attorneys and others having greater understanding on interpretations but my very initial feeling is that other professionals would get the remaining part of the cake...

raj_agrawal_04 said:

Raj

I would interpret it that out of the 130K visa's available, maximum of 50K should be used for Nurses and PTs. The rest for others. What do you think they ae going to use the 80000?:cool:

gc_vsc