Good news EB3 relief passed in senate

We have to wait for the final publication of the amendments on the thomas website...to read and interpret what is being said. The text is in plain English and you do not need a lawyer, who most of the time interpret to suit their ends, to understand it...

gc_vsc - I am a bit worried that the 50% wording is missing based on shusterman...I hope the amendment that he published was the old one by Hutchinson beforer the amendment to 50%

gc_vsc:
I hope your interpretation is true.
I just find it disconcerting that the updates posted on Shusterman specify only about 50000 and nothing about the remaining. Its not impossible that only these 50000 are recaptured. The impact of shortage in nurses and OT is much more than other EB3 occupations. We are having this talk cos earlier Shusterman updates mentioned about recapture proposal with 65000 for nurses and 65000 for others, now it talks ONLY about the 50000 for nurses.

Anyways, we will know by end of Friday what the contents of the bill are.

Bharat1,
Can you guide me where to read the eb3 relief doc...it looks like so many bills together...;)

This is text from the final conference...from the above link...Search for

Page: H2876

TITLE V--OTHER CHANGES TO PROVISIONS GOVERNING NONIMMIGRANT AND IMMIGRANT VISA

The conference agreement includes language modified from language proposed by the Senate regarding reciprocal visas for national of Australia. The House did not include similar language.

The conference agreement includes language modified from language proposed by the Senate regarding visas for nurses. the House did not include similar language.

The conferees agree to the Senate amendment relating to the title of the Act. The Senate amended the title to read ``An Act Making Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2005, and for other purposes.''.

Relief for Schedule A makes sense

I am hoping everyone gets the relief and dates get current for everyone. But just for information sake it makes more sense in case of Schedule A as they don't have to go through labor certification. Hence their PD is normaly very recent, based on filling of I140 (not on labor as there is no labor). Now assume that there is no relief for schedule A. In that case the whole purpose of schedule A is defied as they will get the visa in the same range of time in which every one else (they have to wait longer for visa number to be avialable). So to keep the schedule A program intact, it makes sense to keep the dates for schedule A applicants current.

bharad1 said:
Sorry..:)..

Click on print friendly version and then search for 'nurses'.
Bharad1,
The house document that you talk of i.e. http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/bills.text/109/h1268.pdf has a date of APRIL 21,2005 which is not the "latest and the greatest". After this Conference report H. Rept. 109-72 was filed on May 3rd. This should be the latest - is that correct? If I take a look at the conference report, I see that the wording is same as "SEC. 502. VISAS FOR NURSES" wording at shusterman which says that this is for nurses and there is no mention about anyother visa numbers.
Also worrying is the fact the they have put "MAXIMUM- The total number of visas actually used under paragraph (1) may not exceed 50,000"
Sandeep

bharad1 said:
Sandeep,

I think you mixed up links. I didn't provide the above link. The link I provided is to the conference version of the bill...
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query...9:FLD001:H02814

Thanks for the link. So what does this mean
-the conference commitee killed the spread of benefits to other EB3 applicants ?
-the conference report is just making sure that 50k goes to the nurses and others are still free for everyone else according to the house document?
Sandeep

Yes, I would intrepret it to mean that they will cap usage at 50K (even if more were available), AND allow only nurses to use them.

Very small-minded....Why not just allow everyone to use them and make it so the visas
automatically rollover each year, instead of specifiying the years from which visas can be used...

Even if you PRAY it takes very very long time reach my PD (aug 2004). It might take decades to reach this PD, because BEC clearing 300000 cases. Assume what will happen when they appy 140.

I lost hopes. really.

R U Sure...Your PD is Aug 2004..if yes, then your Prayers are heard and labor got cleared so..fast

can't you guys wait for another few days, you will know right info when bill passed. It is better to let lawyers intrepret the bill than us. NO offense please.

go2roomshare said:
can't you guys wait for another few days, you will know right info when bill passed. It is better to let lawyers intrepret the bill than us. NO offense please.
No offense .... but the forum is here to share and express views ...

Leaving everything to a lawyer would become time consuming & expensive :D
And how the heck are we supposed to spend Fridays, huh ? ;) ;)

You are welcome to not read any ideas posted in this thread !

This is from http://www.immigration-law.com
check for bold font text

05/07/2005: 50,000 Recaptured Employment-Based Visa Numbers for Nurses, Physical Therapists, and Performing Artists Under Schedule A

The $82 billion special spending bill will also allocate upto 50,000 employment-based visa numbers for the Schedule A qualified nurses, physical therapists, and performing artists which have been recaptured from the unused visa numbers during FY 2001, FY 2002, FY 2003, and FY 2004. There was a report that a total of 130,000 could be recaptured and the balance of 80,000 could be available for other EB-based immigrants during the period the visa numbers remain retrogressed under Section 106 of American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act of 2000. We will post the legislation as soon as the bill is signed by the President as early as next week