Good news EB3 relief passed in senate

Kewl and Ravisurya you guys are right.

Retro.... is main problem for all of us. Please write letters to congressmen and senetors.

If we do not work hard, because of current retrogression, getting GC is a dream now.

I would like to mention one more point.

PLEASE PLEASE do not compare present retrogression with the last time retrogression. Many people may be thinking that PDs become current in couple of months as last time. Unfartunatly, this time many things are not favour to us. So please keep writting.

I wrote to our senetors today. Thanks for the detailed information. It was quick and easy.

Thanks, bim. As you already draft a letter, please write to Senators in Immigration subcommitte list, H-5 bill co-sponsorers, President as well, if possible. All links are provided in my earlier post.

bim said:
I wrote to our senetors today. Thanks for the detailed information. It was quick and easy.

Nice job Guys,
I will also write to the senators in my area and what ever places possible to rise this issue. Retro is badly affecting us and only way out is to make efforts to get our voices heard. In this country it is the most effective way to get the things done. Illegal are the main discussion right now, nurses got what they wanted. Only left is the hard working legal employees, we need to do something for us in this immigration matters. I haven't seen much intrest
by the Aila about the legal employement based immigration issue.
Shouldn't we shall contact to the aila.org to make this as a major issue/agenda.

Raj

What is senators stance on immigration?

How do I know my senators stand on the immigration issue? Both my senators are Republicans in the good ol' state of Missouri.

I think you should just send your immigration concerns to Senators, without worrying much about whether s/he is Republican / Democrat or what is their stand on immigration related issues. Immigration subcommitte consists of both Rep and Demo. Moreover, Immigration reform bill (H-5 visa) is introduced by John McCain (R) and Ed Kennedy (D).

If your senator is not convinced, he may think atleast (and soften his oppose) after hearing same concern from so many peoples and corporate america. There is no point to oppose issues of legal immigrants like us. Our issues are legitimate. We paid $100,000 in taxes / medicare / social security so far, no criminal records and still suffer severely due to outdated immigration system.

srikanthsiva said:
How do I know my senators stand on the immigration issue? Both my senators are Republicans in the good ol' state of Missouri.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mode of appeal

Guys,

My case is also affected by this retrogression. It is good to see there are some initiatives from people in this forum.

I guess we will get more attention if we send a common letter to each of these Senators and Congressmen rather than sending individual letters. The letter should have maximum possible signatures of people like us.

Let's fix a date to post a inital draft of the letter. It doesn't matter who prepares letter. Let's all prepare letters and post all of them.

From these we should be able to finalize a single form that can be sent to Senators and Congressmen.

kewl said:
I think you should just send your immigration concerns to Senators, without worrying much about whether s/he is Republican / Democrat or what is their stand on immigration related issues. Immigration subcommitte consists of both Rep and Demo. Moreover, Immigration reform bill (H-5 visa) is introduced by John McCain (R) and Ed Kennedy (D).

If your senator is not convinced, he may think atleast (and soften his oppose) after hearing same concern from so many peoples and corporate america. There is no point to oppose issues of legal immigrants like us. Our issues are legitimate. We paid $100,000 in taxes / medicare / social security so far, no criminal records and still suffer severely due to outdated immigration system.

Kewl,

Do you have a draft of the letter for the senators?

My PD is April 2002, EB3

Does Visa number unavailability affect me?
Meaning does my 485 approval be delayed till Sep 30, 2005

Thanks
140, 485 RD Feb 2004
140 AD March 2005
485 AD ???

End of Retry.. If we and EMPLOYERS try

Friends,

We all know that we are (Tech Guys) in big trouble. So let us STOP predicting what could happen by just sitting. We have to give our best shot and we will win.

Oneside we have to try ourself and otherside we have to get support from our EMPLOYERS. In present situation without EMPLYERS support it is very difficult ot win.

Please talk to your EMPLOYERS and ask them to send letters/email to Congress.

Guys what you think..

Depending on what you want to achieve, writing to a legislator can be a very mis-informed and mis-guided move. Prior to the current retrogression, some people used to write to local legislators to complain about incompetencies of USCIS. This tactic sometimes worked since the slow processing is a "administrative" issue on the part of USCIS. Legislators DO have the authority to oversee a branch of the goverment body, in this case the USCIS.
However, the current situation has a fundamentally different nature, in that the "retrogression" is a direct logic consequence of the "visa quota" system, which is prescribed by the lawmakers to begin with. Given the visa quota system, there is nothing "wrong" or "incompetent" on the part of either DOS or USCIS in enforcing a "retrogression". They are only doing their job faithfully as prescribed to them by the congress.
Under this pretext, writing to a legislator to complain about the retrogression or visa quota, is effectively trying to convince the legislator that the congress/senate, which includes the very legislator you are writing to, made a mistake with the current visa quota. With a strong anti-immigration sentiment prevalent among politicians as well as regular Americans, I don't think this strategy sits too well with any legislator.
Face the reality, guys. America is tightening its borders and turning to a much stricter immigration policy.

Since your PD <= cut-off date for June '05, your case will continue to process and get adjudicated by end of this month, if you are lucky enough. This is because they may have some EB-3 visa until end of June but not after that until Oct. So if your case does not adjudicate by end of this month, then you have to wait for 3 months and see new cut-off date for Oct '05 (which will be announced in mid Sept).

rbms said:
My PD is April 2002, EB3

Does Visa number unavailability affect me?
Meaning does my 485 approval be delayed till Sep 30, 2005

Thanks
140, 485 RD Feb 2004
140 AD March 2005
485 AD ???

baby_mde said:
Oneside we have to try ourself and otherside we have to get support from our EMPLOYERS. In present situation without EMPLYERS support it is very difficult ot win.

Guys what you think..
It doesn't matter to the employers if you are on h1/ead or gc as long a you have a valid status. Why do you think they will help people on AOS to get GC sooner? On the other hand, plenty of employers would support increasing H1 quota because they can get people who are not here already .