• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For those that just received their 2NL - submission date survey

CN EU307**
DS-260 completed: July 1
Unlock date: never
2nd letter received: April 28
Interview date: June 9
:D

CN: 2015AS8***
DS-260 Completed: March 14, 2015
Unlock Date: Never
2NL received: Not Yet
Interview Date: ...
Embassy: Ankara (If the KCC does not change)

Simon. According to previous comment:
I fill DS-260 very late (I think of course), Because i want add myself to my wife's forms after married together.
Now, I worry about it a little. This case could be my 2ND letter recieved later than others ??

CN: 2015AS8***
DS-260 Completed: March 14, 2015
Unlock Date: Never
2NL received: Not Yet
Interview Date: ...
Embassy: Ankara (If the KCC does not change)

Simon. According to previous comment:
I fill DS-260 very late (I think of course), Because i want add myself to my wife's forms after married together.
Now, I worry about it a little. This case could be my 2ND letter recieved later than others ??

Yes you filled in your forms late, but you are also not current yet - so you could not get in to the August interviews anyway. You will be current for September, and given the March submission I expect you to get your 2NL at the same time as others that go current.

Yes you filled in your forms late, but you are also not current yet - so you could not get in to the August interviews anyway. You will be current for September, and given the March submission I expect you to get your 2NL at the same time as others that go current.
If you say i get my 2NL at the same time as others ... I have to believe this Sir. I wait for next bulletin & will give. Whatever i ask you because i was worried about it. Thank you

Not that's it too useful at this point but still :)

CN: 2015EU39***
DS-260 Completed: October 31, 2014
Unlock Date: N/A
2NL received: 02.07.2015
Interview Date: 27.08.2015
Embassy: Skopje

I have a question for anyone that had their interview in a non-english speaking country - especially in US embassy in Skopje, Macedonia.

The high school transcripts, can we use just originals from our country (only in one language - albanian from Kosovo), or do we need to translate them to english as well?

I have a question for anyone that had their interview in a non-english speaking country - especially in US embassy in Skopje, Macedonia.

The high school transcripts, can we use just originals from our country (only in one language - albanian from Kosovo), or do we need to translate them to english as well?
I can't tell you about Macedonia, but in Serbia we do not need to translate any document, I think that in Macedonia is the same situation.

The general guideline is that documents must be in either the official language of the country you are interviewing in, or translated to English. (I admit I am not familiar with Macedonia but I don't think Albanian is its official language?) Check embassy specific requirements - a couple are English only.

The general guideline is that documents must be in either the official language of the country you are interviewing in, or translated to English. (I admit I am not familiar with Macedonia but I don't think Albanian is its official language?) Check embassy specific requirements - a couple are English only.
I am albanian from Kosovo. US embassy in Skopje deals with VISA applications from Kosovo.

all documents should be translated in English if they are in language other than Macedonian nomatter that the US embassy in Skopie handles the Kosovo cases. SusieQQQ is right

I am albanian from Kosovo. US embassy in Skopje deals with VISA applications from Kosovo.

The instructions say:

Translation Requirements
All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:
  • Translation is accurate, and,
  • Translator is competent to translate.

You're interviewing in September in a year when they have already warned they expect to use up all their visa numbers. Do you really want to make assumptions about what is acceptable in the interview rather than following the rules? I highly doubt anyone getting even a temporary refusal (like AP for missing documents) during September will end up getting a visa. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
The instructions say:

Translation Requirements
All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:
  • Translation is accurate, and,
  • Translator is competent to translate.

You're interviewing in September in a year when they have already warned they expect to use up all their visa numbers. Do you really want to make assumptions about what is acceptable in the interview rather than following the rules? I highly doubt anyone getting even a temporary refusal (like AP for missing documents) during September will end up getting a visa. Just my opinion.
Thank you Susie and everyone on your answers.
I asked this because one guy from Kosovo had his interview in May this year and when I asked where did he translate high school diploma and the transcripts, he said that he didn't and he had only the originals in albanian and he got the visa for the whole family. I just wanted to know if this is an isolated case and the experience of others on US embassy in Skopje.