• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For those that just received their 2NL - submission date survey

Britsimon

Super Moderator
Lots of people are keen to see whether the DS260 processing has sped up yet. So far they have gone "month for month" on when the DS260 was submitted. It would be helpful to gather some info of the DS260 submission date in the following format. This first one is a real one so I am particularly keen to see cases like this that have been current for a while but only submitted "late". These are the type of cases that will be most telling.

So - if you just received your 2NL - please reply to this thread with info in this format.

CN: AF134XX
DS-260 Completed: 05 october
Unlock date: 28th-OCT...
2nd NL Received:24 February
Interview date: April 05

CN: OC9xx
DS-260 Completed: 21st May
Unlock date: 7th October
Interview date: 14 April

Good morning from OC! Congrats to everyone who has an interview date and thanks @Britsimon for your tireless efforts in your pursuit of information for the benefit of all!

CN: EU27xxx
DS-260 Completed: 25 May
Unlock date: ?
Interview date: April 09

CN: EU24xxx
DS-260 Completed: 21 May
Unlock date: ?
Interview date: April 23

CN: OC9xx
DS-260 Completed: mid July 2014
Unlock date: mid August2014 (locked on the same day)
2nd NL Received: 24 February 2015 (AEST time)
Interview date: 14 April 2015

Congrats to all who have received good news today!

CN:AS4xxx
DS-260 completed: May 19, 2014
Unlock Date: July 19th
Unlock Date-2: October 24
2NL received: February 24, 2015
Interview date: 1st April, 2015

CN: EU24xxx
DS-260 Completed: May 20th, 2014
Unlock date: n/a
2nd NL Received:Feb 25th
Interview date: April 07th

CN: EU25XXX
DS-260 Completed: Jun 19th
Unlock date: Nov 14th
2nd NL Received: Feb 24th
Interview date: Apr 29th

I have one off forum case known to me, it appears that many in Kenya opt not to be here:(
CN: AF10xxx
DS-260 Completed: mid July 2014
Unlock date: Late August2014 (locked on the same day)
Unlocked again: mid Oct. 2014 ( plus submission of ds 260 for derivative upon receipt of passport)
2nd NL Received: 24 February 2015
Interview date: 7 April 2015

Congratulations to all who will be doing their interviews across the world:)

Hey Simon.
Maybe this will help:

In our forum all people who sent their DS-260 in September and one who sent his in 1st of Oct received their 2NLs. But we've got a user who sent his DS-260 in 6th of October and don't receive his 2NL yet.
It seems that ds-260 processing time doesn't improve at all, and 2-3 days improvement is due to delays in sending 2NLs in this month. And as you mentioned since in May new winners will receive their first letters, there are actually 2 months left for KCC to catch up the pace which seams impossible.

Last edited:
Hey Simon.
Maybe this will help:

In our forum all people who sent their DS-260 in September and one who sent his in 1st of Oct received their 2NLs. But we've got a user who sent his DS-260 in 6th of October and don't receive his 2NL yet.
It seems that ds-260 processing time doesn't improve at all, and 2-3 days improvement is due to delays in sending 2NLs in this month. And as you mentioned since in May new winners will receive their first letters, there are actually 2 months left for KCC to catch up the pace which seams impossible.

Unfortunately true, no improvement in speed. Probably, the next month's 2ndls will be until last october as well. With 3/11 submission date it's so sad news.

Well, the latest I gave seen here or any other forum so far is the October 5 one I posted above. I have also seen some September ones not get their 2nl. Really, I am surprised. I really expected some mid October cases at least. If they don't improve, then my warning to get DS260s in ASAP is going to be very accurate - which would suck!

Well, the latest I gave seen here or any other forum so far is the October 5 one I posted above. I have also seen some September ones not get their 2nl. Really, I am surprised. I really expected some mid October cases at least. If they don't improve, then my warning to get DS260s in ASAP is going to be very accurate - which would suck!
Britsimon, what do you mean by "get DS260s in ASAP"?

Britsimon, what do you mean by "get DS260s in ASAP"?

It means any DV selectee who hasn't submitted their DS-260 (and who hopes to be scheduled for an interview) should fill and submit the form right away.

Disclaimer: I am not BritSimon!

Thanks, Sm1smom!
As I understand all the regions are affected by the slow processing. Then, my question is why all the regions' VB speed is slower than EU's speed? Does this imply that the regions with slower VB progress submitted they ds-26- mostly in time?

Thanks, Sm1smom!
As I understand all the regions are affected by the slow processing. Then, my question is why all the regions' VB speed is slower than EU's speed? Does this imply that the regions with slower VB progress submitted they ds-26- mostly in time?

Read @Britsimon's blog. He has covered all of this on the blog.

CN: EU239XX
DS-260 Completed: 10 september
Unlock date: n/c
Interview date: April 09

@Pelle we have the interview the same day :)
Good luck, everyone

CN: EU30,7XX
DS-260 Completed: 12 October
Unlock date: 23 February (switched from CP to AOS on the same day)
2nd NL Received: 27 February
Interview date: unknown yet (how come I got my 2NL so early?)

CN: EU30,7XX
DS-260 Completed: 12 October
Unlock date: 23 February (switched from CP to AOS on the same day)
2nd NL Received: 27 February
Interview date: unknown yet (how come I got my 2NL so early?)

The 2NL for AOS is different - it is simply an acceptance/recognition from KCC of the case for AOS, not an appointment notification.