For all of us with an Interview date in June-July

LOL! Good luck fedup. Just take a nice sleep and you even should not be in this forum today :)!! just take a nice break, everything will be fine.

Good luck,

GOODLUCK Fedup!!! You're the first one among us in this thread.
I can't even tell you not to be nervous since I've been biting my nails every time I think about the interview.
Anyways....goodluck!! Let us know how it went.

Patty, thanks a lot for that info. I think this time I'm just gonna translate it myself.

a_usc, I don't think you should worry about the BC, as long as it was given by the city hall it should be OK.

a_usc, please tell your husband not to worry about his BC, my parents didn't have my original one either and ordered a new one, which was dated and issued in May 2006. I used that as my RFE response and it looks like they accepted it. It's not gonna be a problem. :)

Thanks Payala and Pat for the assurance. Pat if your's worked, his too would most likely work - we didn't get an RFE anyway when we sent its copy with I-485. Also, he has arranged for an affidavit from his parents for his Date of Birth so that should do the trick.

I am sure reading these assurances is gonna put some of his worries to rest too... but I doubt that either of us are going to be absolutely calm until our interview is over. I guess its all a mind game and our mind just needs to find a reason to stress out. If it will not be the BC, it will be something else now... lol... I guess its gonna be a jittery next 6 days.

Feels better talking out to you all here... keeps my sanity in check. Thanks!

hey

goodluck to you guys. let us know how it panned out.

life insurance, you said? now i'm panicking. my husband doesn't have life insurance. but then again he's just 22. do you think that would be a problem? we are thinking of getting one... but of course we are hoping to do it after i get a job so i can start helping out on the bills.

we also don't have a health insurance. well, my husband's is still tied to his mom --- for reaons that he's still on probationary stat on his work --- he started last feb --- so we're still waiting for him to be made pemanent so he can cover for me. that and of course when i start working, i'll cover for him too.

do you think this will be a problem guys?

Fedup,

Don't worry too much. I will suggest prayer if you believe in it. it's the only thing that works for me. Anytime I become weigh down with all the interview preparation & documents that we are yet to get, I just knee down and say a word or two of prayer & He takes all the burdens away.

I wish you all the best tomorrow & I will remember you in my prayer tonight

Payala & a_usc I believe you too will come and give us positive news next week

Cheers

1 day to go

Thank you all for your positivity .I dont know if i will sleep tonight but i will surely try.My husband is not the least bit worried .I will be saying my prayers tonight and hoping for my prayers to be answered tomorrow.I will post when i get back . :confused:

i was just thinking. how much money do you think should one have on the joint account? i mean, does it even matter how much one has? or it's just to prove that you really are married?

Hmmm interesting! Never looked at this from that perspective. Well, I don't think the amount really matters... but wouldn't bet on it. Some banks offer a zero balance account... wonder if a zero dollar balance joint account would be viewed as different by the IO from the one that has a few thousands in it.

Anyone else wanna share a thought on this? :rolleyes:

I would think that thats what the I-864 is for. It would probably help if on the bank statements your hubby's salary shows and stuff like that, which would confirm the employment letter and paystubs.

Of course it never hurts to be rich :D, but it can't be a problem if you're not as long as your 125% above the poverty line.

Approved At Atlanta

I Had my interview today, in the DO of Atlanta, GA at 10:00. I was really stressed. The officer who called us was a nice young lady in her mid 30's. We took the Oath to tell the truth, she asked for IDS, marriage ceriticate, previous divorce certificate, she asked where my husban worked, she verified our address and phone number. And finally she asked for most recent taxes for my husband and jpint sponsor. We had a bit of a problem with the taxes because we didnt have the most resent tax return/w2 for my joint sponsor or my husband for 2005.
She insisted we needed those documents but thank God the officer was really nice. She gave us a fax number and asked us to have someone fax that information to her directly. We went outside for like 40 minutes, and as soon as she had the fax in her hand she let us back in her office.

After going back in her office we imagined we would continue with the interview and the officer would ask us for more supporting docs. Its weird because she didnt ask for anything else. We had prepared for the interview countless utility bills, lease, contracts, bank statemets, full album, and letter from friends, copys of I-94, my husband birth certificate or mine....etc.. But she didnt seem interested in that. She stamped my passport and told me that i would receive my green card in the mail in less than a month. When she said that i finally started breathing. It was so releaving and to say that we spend more time in the waiting room than the actual interview.
The only thing im not sure is if i got conditional residence or permanente. I ve been married for less than a year. I forgot to ask and the stamp on my passport only says: Processed for I-551 temporrary evidence of lawful admission as a permanent residence.

Oh they also took away from me my work permit, she said that i wouldnt be needing it to work anymore and that with the stamp on my passport i can already travel!! yeah. No more worrying for know. My ND was 02/13/06....and my residence approval was 06/15/06!!

Congratulations!!!! and thank you for sharing your experience... it reminded me of something that had missed our minds despite our extensive preparation for the interview next week - the co-sponsor's W2. We have his (co-sponsor's) tax transcript for last three years, his recent paystubs, our joint tax transcipt for this year, my tax transcript for last three years, our W2s... everything, but we completely forgot about the W2s. Thank YOU!

As for your question about the temporary or permanent GC - if you have been married for less than 2 years at the time of AOS approval, you would get a conditional GC. You will need to apply for the removal of conditions - one year and nine months from today (ie from the date of approval). Hope that answers your query.

Time for you to celebrate!!!!! :)

So yesterday I received this in the mail, it's just another form with a list of required documents for the interview. I don't know if it's only for my DO but it seems like a good doc to show to all of you guys.

I wonder how fedup did in the interview....

Interview was horrible!Not Approved

DO Louisville Ky I had my interview today and my interviewing officer was totally a B****.She interviewed my husband first and then myself she took a long time talking to him in the room.I had a feeling something was wrong.She said that i did not have enough proof of joint documents between my husband and i WE had water bills joint chequing accounts and Gas bills apparently that was not enough.She did not ask to see photos.Anytime i tried to explain myself about why i did not have a document she would cut me off and then she proceeded to tell me that i was being agressive.I wanted to jump across that table and hurt that woman LOL but i kept my cool. She said that my husband commited fraud by filing his taxes for 2005 as single instead of married even though it was impossible for him to file as married because i did not have a social security# and Hr block told him that it was okay .So she was mad about the 2005 tax transcripts .She also asked my husband if his family had a problrm with me being black as he is white.I think that question was totally irrelevant but who am i to question the might of the uscis I am really angry and upset.She said that we have until sept 12th to send more proof to her or she would deny my case.This is not what i expected. Then she asked about our wedding.We got married in a chapel she had a problem with that also and said that we need to show her wedding photos i had one wedding photo but i got married dressed normally not ina flowing white dress.She had a problem with that also and then proceeded to ask for wedding photos which is totally rediculous because my husband and i had already explained why we did not have many pictures from the wedding.
We contacted our lawyer and she said that she would collect further documents from us.It took me such a long time to get a Social Security number but i guess thats my fault too that they took so long because USCIS is never wrong and they never cared to hear my explanations.Ive got a booming headache and i have finally been able to stop crying.I wish everyone else luck in their interview though because you will need it.I dont know when i will feel human again or feel like ive got rights in this country but such is life :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh dear, that really sucks. :eek:
You had more joint documents than I do right now.

I'm so sorry to hear about your interview, it scares me too.
Your lawyer should have been there, really. What does she say about all this? What other documents can or will you gather now?

Well the battle is not over yet, and I wish you all the best to get everything so you can get approved. Please try and stay positive and do keep us posted.

patty579 said:
Oh dear, that really sucks. :eek:
You had more joint documents than I do right now.

I'm so sorry to hear about your interview, it scares me too.
Your lawyer should have been there, really. What does she say about all this? What other documents can or will you gather now?

Well the battle is not over yet, and I wish you all the best to get everything so you can get approved. Please try and stay positive and do keep us posted.
My lawyer says that the interviewing officer has no right to pester us for state taxes .She wants my husband to files his taxes for 2005 all over again.My lawyer says that she has no right to do that.My question is how much evidence to they need.The inteviewing officer never pondered about the marriage or my husbands ability to sponser me because he is way above the income requirements I guess she is just a total B****.I hope i never ever have to go through this again or anyone else for that matter ,because this is rediculous.
And dont think not having a ss# is going to explain a situation because it wont.At least not in my case.My granfather is ill and is 90 years i explained that to her when she asked why i applied for advanced parole but never used it no answer no matter how honest or straight foward would have been enough.I am going to take it one day at a time and just try to be positive.

You said you had one picture, do you maybe have a couple more of you guys together, before the marriage?
Maybe you can try and get more joint docs, like car insurance, health insurance, phone bills... I'm guessing you're living in a house, so lease agreement probably isn't an option.

Your interviewer really does sound rude. And scary.
Do you know if you are gonna be going to a 2nd interview? Or are you just gonna send more info?

patty579 said:
You said you had one picture, do you maybe have a couple more of you guys together, before the marriage?
Maybe you can try and get more joint docs, like car insurance, health insurance, phone bills... I'm guessing you're living in a house, so lease agreement probably isn't an option.

Your interviewer really does sound rude. And scary.
Do you know if you are gonna be going to a 2nd interview? Or are you just gonna send more info?
We do have health insurance no car insurance because i do not drive yet we have the cell phone bill in our names and gas bills .Yes we live in a house i will never forget that woman ever again ,the only positive thing is that i never have to see her horrid face again and have her talk down to me as if i were her 5 year old child ,my husband is going to get more bills on our names and send them to the lawyer and she said she will handle the rest and have it out with that woman.Also the interviewing officer did take my I94 which is a good thing but i still cant get over how simple this is and how complicated she has made it.She has not requested a second interview though and my lawyer says she has no right to deny us because we have done nothing wrong.If she does deny my case we are going to sue and thats that.