For all of us with an Interview date in June-July

payala

Registered Users (C)
There's many of us that have our interview on June or July so I figured we can all help each other by giving a list of the documents that we have ready for the interview, the ones that we're waiting for and the ones that we wished we had.

OK here's my story: I married my husband in January after going out with him for 3 years. We both went to the same school in MA, he graduated May 05 and I graduated May 06. WWe didn't live together for the first few months since I was still in school and he had moved to CT. Now we're both living in CT now.

Documents that we have so far:
- My I-94
- Passports
- Pictures of both of us, and of both my parents and his parents.
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate for both of us
- Joint Bank Statement
- Lease
- Statements (credit cards, etc) addressed to both of us
- 2 Letters from our school stating when we attended school and when we graduated.
- Cellphone bill showing ALL the phonecalls to each other for the months we didn't live together.
- My husband also saved receipts for every weekend to prove that he was visiting me. (maybe a little too much but he insisted)
- Car insurance under both our names.

Things I wish I had:
- All of the house bills are under my name since I did all of the changes, most of them won't even add a second person and the ones that do, don't add him to the bill.
- My husband's address in his license is still his old one. He only has one of those stickers attached on the back. His registration does have our aparment.
- More pictures of our wedding. We only have a few because we're having the big religious ceremony in December.
- We don't have health insurance together since I already paid my insurance till August and we want to see if it will be better for him to add me to his insurance, or for me to add him to mine after I start work.

Things we will get:
- Letters from friends and family stating that our marriage is real.
- Signes reservation of the church and hotel where we're gonna have our wedding and reception.

OK I'll update again whenever I come up with something else. We're gonna make our nice folder this weekend.

Looks like you have enough documentations for the interview.
I only prepared and brought to the interview with ones you already have so far

Good idea Payala! Looks like you already have enough stuff for your interview! :)

Our story:
We met in Germany in 2004, while he was in the Airforce stationed in the city I lived. We were going out for a year, then moved together. He was done with the Airforce and leaving Germany in October 2005. I just graduated college so we decided that I go with him and take a look at his beloved America. :p If I decided that I liked it too, I would be going back home and he would file K1 for me. That was the original plan. :D
We were living with his parents in PA for 3 months and then moved out to CO. (My husband just loves to snowboard.. :) )
We scheduled an Infopass end of January 2006 to get some info on K1. That's when the lady there said that if we got married now, I could apply for AOS. I'm still so happy we decided to that! :)

There's only one thing that keeps giving me sleepless nights. For the application of my B2 visa I followed the advice of some dubious website and did not mention my then boyfriend. (They told me that my visa would get denied if I told them that I was going with my boyfriend. If I had known what I know now, I would have just told the whole truth. :( ) I gave them his sister's name and address instead. It wasn't a lie, we stayed with her and his parents for 3 months and I have pictures to prove it. But still, I didn't tell the whole truth. I can't help thinking that it could cause problems. What do you think?

Documents we have so far:
- My I-94
- My passport and his driver's license
- Pictures of both of us
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate for both of us (plus a translation of mine)
- Lease agreement with both our names
- Cell phone family plan and bills (only his name though)
- Wedding cards from family and friends
- paystubs
- tax returns for the last two years
- copies of supporting documents that we send with application

Things I wish I had:
- joint car and health insurance (only possible if I get SSN in time)
- joint bank account (only possible if I get SSN in time)

Things we will get:
- employment letter
- tax return transcript of 2003
- reservation of wedding reception hall

Do you think letters from friends and family stating that our relationship is real would help? What documentation establishes my eligibility for LPR status?
What do you think of my problem mentioned above?

Thanks guys. :)

goodness. my sched is on the first week of july. so i guess i'm the first one to get interviewed amongst us. :(

my story: met through my mother last 2003 when i came to the US to visit my parents for a few months --- my mom was friends with his mom. i didn't start going out with him until 2004 when i came back. anyways, when i came back again early this year, after being in a relationship a little over a year, he asked me to marry him as he didn't want us to be apart again. i said yes. since we got engaged all of a sudden, my parents had to fly back to the US (they were out of the country on vacation) just to grace our wedding day. =)

we didn't live in prior to getting married. now, we live together with his parents. we're both in our early 20's --- that's why they took us in as they want us to save first before we move out. i don't know they'll take that into consideration with regards to having bills and stuff not being on our own name.

Documents that we have so far:
- My I-94 and my passport (his passport is expired but since i'm the one who goes to the US on a regular basis, we didn't think it was necessary to renew his passport just for this)
- Pictures of both of us, wedding, bbq outdoors, eating out, etc
- Marriage certificate, wedding announcement
- Birth certificate for both of us
- Joint Bank Statement (just 1 statement as we just opened the account recently)
- phone cards used when he'd call me overseas when we were apart
- old place tickets i had to show that i do visit the US frequently
- My husband also saved a few receipts --- we usually pay in cash :( so none of it is under our names
- third party letters/ junk mail under my name and my address ---to show that i do live with the same address as he does
- video membership card, library card, grocery membership card, etc. under my name and with our address
- ITRs / w2s
- co-sponsorship by his mom, aside form his own affidavit of support
- copies of application that we sent / medical, etc.

Things we will get:
- Letters from friends and family stating that our marriage is real.
- notarized document from my parents that they knew about the marriage.
- employment records

Documents i wish we had
- Lease (we live with his parents as they took us in so we don't have this)
- Statements (credit cards, etc) --- they can't add me into the account unless i have SSN
- Car insurance ---- again with the SSN thingy and we're using the car under his parent's name
- All of the house bills are under my in law's name
- We don't have health insurance together since his mom has his covered and we're waiting for him to get permanent with his work before he adds me to his, or until i get to work so i can add him to mine
- cellphone --- it's still under his parents name as for the family plans and all

i dont know if i have enough documentation to prove. since we're young, we don't have that much property under our name since we've only been married for 3 months --- 4 months by the time we get interviewed.

do you think i'll have a problem? i hope not.

Patty,
I don't think they'll make a big deal about you putting his sister's name down. She is your friend after all and you were visiting her too =)
I am not sure if friends writing a letter would matter, I just wanna have it just in case. My husband ordered the transcripts of his tax returns earlier this week, I really hope they make it here on time. Do you already have yours?

BabyBunny,
Actually my interview is first, it's in June!! I haven't been nervous all these months but I guess it's hitting me now. You reminded me of the old plane tickets that we have for when my husband came to visit me. He's been home with me 3 times and we went to the Dominican Republic for vacation too. We only saved a couple of itineraries but I'm hoping the stamps in the passport with the same dates in both of them with be enough.
Are the letters from family and friends supposed to be notarized?
I don't think they can make a problem for you not having all those documents since you can't, you're living with your in-laws.

Hi all,
My interview is on June 12th Monday at 10.00AM at atlanta DO.

My story:
Came to US on H1-B Novemer 2000.
Met my wife in June 2002, this happened as his uncle and my dad are friends back home.
she lived in Louisville at that time she is LPR
After dating for a year got married in April 2003.
Applied I130 August2003.
Also Applied GC through my company(Right now i have a EAD and AP through my company)
December 2005 My wife got Citizenship.
Feb 26th 2006 Applied Familybased 485.

Ok guys will update your all once my interview is done and how it went.

Payala, thanks for your comments. I just hope you are right!!
We have tax returns for the last two years, so we are just going to order a tax transcript for 2003. We haven't done that yet. I heard they don't take long at all, 2 weeks or so at the most. So you should be fine. :)

Babybunny, it looks like you already have a lot of stuff, too. I'm sure that they look at every case individually, and since you just can't have certain documents yet, it's gonna be fine. As long as you have other docments to prove your relationship together (and to me it looks like you have plenty), they will believe you. :)
Would you mind sharing your timeline?

HI ALL,

Glad to join this thread
My interview is on June 19 in Garden City,NY

Documents we have prepared so far:

1. IDs ( my learner's permit , my husband's DL both on the same address)
2. passports
3. my I-94
4. BCs for both of us with certified translations
5. marriage lisence

Q: in my interview letter it says we have to bring a certified copy of our marriage Document. Now, do we need to have a copy notorized?

6. SS cards
7. my EAD
8. all USCIS notices
9. form I-864 2005 ( I have submitted this form last year when I applied but I decided to make a new one with all updated information for 2005).

10. Tax returns for 2005,04,03 + transcripts 2005,04,03 from my husband and joint sponsor
11. letter of employment for me and my husband
12. paystubs ( mine and co-sponsor's )

Q: my husband gets paid by cash ,is it a problem if we don't have paystubs from his side ?

13. copy of my co-sponsor's naturalization certificate

Q: Should we also take the original or copy is good?

14. Supporting evidence of our relationship:

- joint tax return 2005
-joint checking account statements
-joint credit account statements
-apartment leases
-electricity and telephone bills
- photos mostly with both of us and us and friends only couple with his family
- mail on both our names
-video tapes

Q: How many pictures to take ? Should we take video tapes ( I don't really think they are going to watch them ) ?

I wish we had joint insurance, more joint bills.

Please, letme know if I am missing any documents.

Thanks.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!! :) :) :)

Myjuls,

You need to take the originals of all the documents you filed with the application and copies, just in case they need them. I don't think you need the notarized copy of the marriage certificate as long you take with you and show them the originals too.

If your husband doesn't get paid by check, maybe having that explained in his employment letter might help.

I don't think you should be taking videotapes unless you are planning to give it to them as they will not be watching them at the interview for sure.

Good luck at the interview!

I would go on to list everything that i have collected so far for my interview but i have something else to say.To everyone who has recieved their notice for interview "GOOD LUCK".I think we all need to stop worrying about the interview so much ,as long as you know that your marriage is real and that you are happy ,it will show in the interview.I have spent so many months and weeks worrying about USCIS and their decision in my case that i have just decided to not worry anymore.I cannot get into the head of my interviewer all i can be is honest.Less than one week to go for my interview and i am not wasting my time fretting anymore or losing sleep over USCIS.If my status is going to be changed so i can become a permanent resident i will thank God .If not well then i will worry lol but seriously good luck to everyone.Interview Date June 15th 2006 8:00AM. :) :) :) :)

Now that's a good attitude, fedup2k6! I'm still in the worrying phase, but I'm trying to follow your example. :D
Good luck to you!! :)

sorry about that, payala. =) thought mine was first. let us know how it turns out, okay? bring whatever documents you can get your hands on. i even printed out iteneraries that we have online on our travel account! i'm pretty sure that they have it in their system that i've been goign back and forth, but nevertheless, it's better to be prepared than not to be.

letters form family and friends need not be notarized. my husband insisted to have a notarized affidavit from my parents that they know about the wedding as we do have pictures to back it up just in case. but letter would do.

i still can't help but feel nervous. i ought to be fine as i do have my lawyer with me anyway, but still, reading horrible stories about how they'll separate you from your husband makes me want to cry.

H1-B married to USC
DO: Sacramento, CA
Got married: 03/07/06
Received Date: 04/03/06
Notice Date: 04/07/06
Fingerprint/BIO: 04/21/06
Interview Date: 07/06/06

Note: i still have to receive my EAD. =( i'm wondering if my interview date will come first than me receiving my EAD.

great attitude, fedup2k6! =) i'm still in the wprrying phase. oh well. my husband can't help but laugh as everytime i get worried, i tell him we ought to eat out or something so i can take my mind off of things.

babybunny said:
reading horrible stories about how they'll separate you from your husband makes me want to cry.

What stories?!?! :eek:

Thanks for sharing your timeline. Your case was processed real fast, wow!
A lot of us have got our Interview letter before the EAD, looks like it's a new trend.

I got my interview letter today. Still waiting for my EAD. I am hoping I won't have to apply for travel document for a trip in November. Any ideas on that? My interview in on July 26.

Goodluck CS2004!!

Chokolat, I'm on the same situation. I'm not applying for AP till after the interview. I have to leave the country in December and I'm hoping I won't need the AP.

I'm running late to dinner reservations but I'll keep everyone updated after we put together our folder.

Goodluck everyone!

This is out of the topic..but does the priority date and the A# on the interview notice mean anything in particular?

well, i guess it really depends on the one conducting the interview. i've read about them giving the couple a piece of paper and them having to write their down their answers after which the one conducting the interview will compare the answers. well, i've only read it once at one of the forums --- can't remember where.

that, and of course the possibility of them conducting the interview separately. =( which hopefully won't happen to any of us.

yeah. my lawyer thinks my case was processed fast as well.

chokolat: A# from what i know is the Alien NUmber and that'll be the same number on our GCs ---- i think.

what I have so far

Thanks Payala for starting this thread. :D

This is my story:

We got married in January and rent our own apartment in Feb

Below is a list of document that we far so far:

1. The lease agreement in both our names.

2. Telephone bill from Feb to date

3. Electric bill from feb to date

4. The car Title is in our name

5. The cable bill from April to date

5. The car insurance document shows me as a driver but the bill comes in his name since I do not have SSN
6. Signed life insurance document but no card yet

7. My I-94 and my passport
8. Pictures of both of us, wedding Pictures
9. Marriage certificate
Birth certificate for both of us
Joint Bank Statement (just 1 statement as we just opened the account recently)

- Some greeting cards from friends & family including his mother

10 Photocopies of all documents that were sent with the original application.

What we intent to get:
- Letter from employer (My husband & co-sponsor)
- Paystub for My husband & co-sponsor
- Health Insurance if I get mt EAD on time
- Letter from the bank stating that we have a joint account

All letters from USCIS

I just brought the folder & we have started arranging the documents. I intend to go with photocopy of every documents that I take

Good luck to everyone that has interview this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Done Name check peding

Hi all,
Today my interview is finished but my name check is still pending so the officer could not approve my application.
Will write in detail about the interview soon.