For all of us with an Interview date in June-July

cs2004 said:
Hi all,
Today my interview is finished but my name check is still pending so the officer could not approve my application.
Will write in detail about the interview soon.
That sucks. Your ND was in February right?
I'm kinda worried now because most of us got our interview dates pretty fast, so the name check might not be done yet for us either?
I guess we'll find out.
I hope that you will be approved soon, cs2004. Hang in there!

Cs2004 I hope your FBI namecheck completes in quick time. I have read a couple of cases on this forum a few months back where initially the 485 was not approved due to namecheck but it cleared within a month. Good luck.

Patty - you are absolutely right. We too have been a bit worried that the namecheck might not be complete by the time of our interview. Seeing our case being processed quickly was exciting and fun but now uncertainity of namecheck is causing stress.

About 3-4 weeks back after having read about FOIPA on this forum, my husband filed one with FBI. Last week he got a response [no records found], and interestingly, we saw the LUD on his 485 change on Jun 3rd. We are not sure if this means anything or if there is any correlation between the FOIPA and the LUD - but we are hoping that the LUD meant namecheck complete.

We have read on this forum people suggested filing FOIPA - even though, none of them were sure it worked... but interestingly, in (I think) every case, the FBI namecheck was complete a few weeks after filing FOIPA. The reason why none of those people were able to say that FOIPA helped, with a level of certainity, is because besides filing FOIPA, they were trying other means too, to get their namecheck completed.

I would suggest that everyone who has about a month or more for their interview to file FOIPA. Of course we don't know for sure that it helps - but it wouldn't hurt. Good Luck.

hi all,

i had my interview on the 5th of June. the whole interview was about 10 minutes. the officer asked some basic questions based on my application and at the end, she verbal approved the I-130 but not the I-485 because of the FBI name check. she said that as soon as the name check is ok, she will approve the I-485 and send me the GC. She does not know how long will the name check take.

I think one major thing that the officer would look for in your application is the income and education of your husband/wife(USC). i would say that if your husband/wife has a decent job with decent salary, you will have higher chance of having a short interview and getting approved. So if your husband/wife has a job and making ok money. I can say that you dont have to worry about the interview. If your husband/wife has no job and has no education, please be prepared that you two will be asked alot of questions.

I did not bring alot of supporting documents, of course the ones that are listed on the interview notice. I did print some photo from my online photo album(just black and white copy from my home printer) and she took it.

the only thing i am hoping for is that FBI can process their namecheck faster so that I can get my GC sooner.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Thanks a lot Ari. Maybe I should do what a_usc suggested and file this, too. Thanks for pointing this out, a_usc!

CS2004, so your case was processed in only 3, 4 months. Well let's hope that your name check will be done soon. Keep us posted ok?

Ari, a_usc: I read the links now, but I'm still a little confused about what FOIA does and how it expedites name checks. Could you enlighten me a little?
:eek:

Patty,

As I said in my earlier post - there is no evidence suggesting that filing FOIPA will expedite the namecheck... in fact there may not be ANY impact of filing FOIPA on the namecheck process. The best I have seen is people speculating - that FOIPA might've helped them with namecheck. The threads I read were from people who had been waiting for their namecheck results for a long time and in desperation they filed FOIPA besides calling up their congressmen, writing to DHS ombud person, writing to USCIS director, etc. These people did get their namecheck completed thereafter.

So you see, the namecheck completion might be a result of following up with different authorities, rather than a result of FOIPA, but then you never know what worked. Thus, it was suggested by a few (of those thread posters) to file FOIPA, as it wouldn't cost you anything and might just do the trick.

Attached document highlights the similarities/differences between Namecheck and FOIPA. Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much for the info, a_usc :)
I'm really thinking about doing it now. Gonna talk to my hubby about it. 3-4 weeks, right? Should still be enough time.

Yes I think 3-4 weeks should be enough time, though I don't exactly know when my husband filed. We read these threads and talked about it... but never discussed anything about filing it. I only came to know when the response from FBI came in last week, which was just about 3-4 weeks from when we read those threads.

I'd reckon you should file, you have plenty of time. It won't hurt, even if it doesn't do any good.

Thanks girl.
Are you getting nervous about next week?
I wish you allll the best and will be thinking of you all day that day! :)

OK I'm back =)

Goodluck a_usc...your interview is so soon!

I've been a little nervous lately but I really shouldn't. We found some airline tickets from our trips but I wish we had them all. Oh and we added a form stating that I am the beneficiary of his life insurance. That's a good one I think and I don't think you need a SSN for that.

I have my BC but no translation and I don't know if I should get a certified translation again. I am too cheap to pay $50 (or however much it was) again. Are you guys bringing another certified translation? In the interview letter it says to bring those documents if 'not previously submitted'. We still wanted to bring most of them with us again just in case.

Yesterday was my first day at work. They checked that we all had all of our necessary documents first thing yesterday. The EAD is enough, no need to bring your passport or anything for the I-9.

a_usc said:
So you see, the namecheck completion might be a result of following up with different authorities, rather than a result of FOIPA, but then you never know what worked. Thus, it was suggested by a few (of those thread posters) to file FOIPA, as it wouldn't cost you anything and might just do the trick.

Attached document highlights the similarities/differences between Namecheck and FOIPA. Hope this helps :)

That is very interesting.

Payala, I don't think you have to have your BC translation done professionally. You can translate it yourself and then write a little certification that you are fluent in both languages and that the translation is complete and accurate. If you give me a minute I will find that template that Ari4u once posted.

Congrats on your first day at work! :)

Instructions from USCIS:
Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate. The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I <typed name> , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and <language>languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled <document name>.

Signature <sign here>
Typed Name

Date Address

Thanks Pat & Payala... well uhmmm not really nervous but my husband is a bit and that sometime gets to me too. We have around 7 different documents with both our names... besides we have a lot pics, cards that we sent to each other before our wedding, our wedding invitation cards, greeting cards from friends for our wedding and all the other documents required by USCIS. Luckily my husband just recently found (like payala) an e-Iterinary for one of his visits to me before our wedding... wish he could find em all.

Couple of things that we are worried about are:

1. He couldn't find his original BC, so he asked folks back home to get a new one issued and when they did that, they put the registration date same as the issue date. This might become a prob (or at least he thinks so).

2. OBVIOUSLY - the namecheck.

We just want to get this done and over with... hopefully we'd have some good news on Jun 20th :)

This is scary one day to my interview and i posted earlier in this week that we should not be intimidated or scared for the interview.But now i am a bit nervous i have got everything possible that i could get for the interview .I am just worried about having a rude interviewer who treats me like every answer i give is wrong.I am going to be positive but i cannot help but wonder what my day ,Thursday 15th June 2006 is going to be like, only time will tell .I wish that this nightmare of immigration can be over with and my husband and i be left in peace .And uscis can make me happy.

fedup2k6 said:
This is scary one day to my interview and i posted earlier in this week that we should not be intimidated or scared for the interview.But now i am a bit nervous i have got everything possible that i could get for the interview .I am just worried about having a rude interviewer who treats me like every answer i give is wrong.I am going to be positive but i cannot help but wonder what my day ,Thursday 15th June 2006 is going to be like, only time will tell .I wish that this nightmare of immigration can be over with and my husband and i be left in peace .And uscis can make me happy.

Good Luck to you fedup2k6. Hope your interview would go smooth... and you would have good news to share tomorrow. I would ask you to stay calm n positive... but I understand how difficult could that be for you at the moment cuz I, whose interview is still another 6 days away, am already starting to get the jitters.

Good Luck

Good luck fedup! When you feel nervous, keep breathing deeply and try imagining the officer naked, that will sure loosen you up a little! At least that's what I do when I'm nervous and it works! :D

Good luck again and keep us posted!! :)