February 2007 Filing Thread

I'm on a current and valid H1B, so I don't need the AP to leave and re-enter the US. However, I do need a visa to get to Canada. If I had my GC already, or at least the stamp in my passport, I wouldn't...

Oh well, I'm still happy I got my letter today. :D

A canadian visa is a piece of cake.. for $50 they will stamp one into ur passport on the same day if you live near Washington DC. But you might have to mail your stuff first.

Congratulations my friend. Make sure you let me know how the interview goes... since we have the same DO.

Thanks, PraetorianXI! I sure will! Unless, you have your interview sooner than me... You never know with the USCIS. :rolleyes: ;)

A canadian visa is a piece of cake.. for $50 they will stamp one into ur passport on the same day if you live near Washington DC. But you might have to mail your stuff first.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a problem, but that's the thing--I don't want to risk sending my passport in the mail. I'm planning on making a trip to Washington D.C. later this month to get my visa. I trust myself more with my passport, plus it could be a nice trip--I have some friends there I'd like to visit and, believe it or not, my wife (a USC) has never been to D.C., so we want to go there together for a few days. :)

Man, I'm so relieved I finally got this letter. No more worrying about the post office lady messing up and no more disappointments at the mailbox. Well, at least for now... :D

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a problem, but that's the thing--I don't want to risk sending my passport in the mail. I'm planning on making a trip to Washington D.C. later this month to get my visa. I trust myself more with my passport, plus it could be a nice trip--I have some friends there I'd like to visit and, believe it or not, my wife (a USC) has never been to D.C., so we want to go there together for a few days. :)

Check the procedure online.. i think you are required to mail it first, then you are invited for an interview. I remember doing that. You would send your passport via registered mail, so it wont get lost, dont worry about that.

Check the procedure online.. i think you are required to mail it first, then you are invited for an interview. I remember doing that. You would send your passport via registered mail, so it wont get lost, dont worry about that.

Last time I heard from the Canadian embassy in D.C., they said it was a walk-in; no need to mail anything. But, I will double-check. Thanks! You never know--rules change almost every day...

I'm not so sure about registered mail--it doesn't really guarantee that my passport won't be lost. They will just pay for it when it does, but I just would hate to go though all the trouble of replacing it...

Of course, there is a chance I will lose my passport when I go to D.C., but I hope that won't happen. :D

update

Hi everyone, i am also a february filer...

please see my timeline below, i was stuck in name check since the interview. late last night i received the "card production ordered" email.

best of luck to the rest of you.

Hey guys, I filed on Jan 30th but still haven't got the interview letter yet. :(
You guys think I should make a inforpass appointment?

Hey guys, I filed on Jan 30th but still haven't got the interview letter yet. :(

When was your bio/fp appointment and when was your last LUD?

When I was waiting for my letter, getting really impatient, I called the (mis)information line twice--didn't help at all. I don't remember, though, if one of those ladies I talked to, or perhaps someone here, said that if there's been more than 61 days since your last LUD, you should go for InfoPass. I made my appointment, but thankfully the letter came before I even had to go there. I don't think making an InfoPass appointment will hurt--you can always cancel it, if you want. Perhaps, it will work for you, too. Maybe the USCIS is waiting for you to make an appointment and will send out the interview letter once you do... :D

By the way, what's your DO?

When was your bio/fp appointment and when was your last LUD?

When I was waiting for my letter, getting really impatient, I called the (mis)information line twice--didn't help at all. I don't remember, though, if one of those ladies I talked to, or perhaps someone here, said that if there's been more than 61 days since your last LUD, you should go for InfoPass. I made my appointment, but thankfully the letter came before I even had to go there. I don't think making an InfoPass appointment will hurt--you can always cancel it, if you want. Perhaps, it will work for you, too. Maybe the USCIS is waiting for you to make an appointment and will send out the interview letter once you do... :D

By the way, what's your DO?

Thanks for your nice advice, sweetie. ;) I'll do it soon.

Yes,
I think it's better to make an "INFOPASS" appointment soon since we have the same timeline and DO, and I already got my interview notice couple weeks ago. Good Luck!

Finally online status updated !!!

Receipt Number: MSC071:)

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 8, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

----------------------
Family based category - Married to USC
DO: San Francisco, CA
02/08/2007: I-485, I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
02/11/2007: RD
02/14/2007: ND
02/23/2007: Bio Notice Received
03/06/2007: Bio Appointment @ SF
03/06/2007: Interview NOA (mailed on 03/07/2007) Received on 03/13/2007
04/30/2007: Interview - 10:30 AM @ San Francisco
05/14/2007: Online change of address

I have an AOS interview on 25th. And I badly need advice.

Here are SPECIFIC SEQUENCES OF EVENTS:
1. I got my B1-B2 in my home country
2. I got engaged to my husband after that (it had no legal binding)
3. I came to US on B1 – B2 for business trip (never visited home country since then)
4. I got H1
5. We got married
6. I got H1 renewed after 3 years
7. Husband got citizenship
8. AOS interview

My question is, is it advisable to mention about our engagement before I came to US on B1? Will it show intend to immigrate? OR it shouldn’t matter because we have been married for 3 years and we have all the proof related to marriage?

PLEASE ADVICE
Thank you in advance.

Ttinatl, I understand how you feel. At least in my case no matter how frustrated I could still find a logical explanation because my DOs (both Charleston and Greer, SC) are 2 months and 5 days behind the national average in processing times (they currently list receipt date of August 9, 2006).

However, your DO (Atlanta) is on time with processing, right on the national average (currently listed as receipt date of October 14, 2006, .

what does DO has to do w/ processing time..Isn't family based petition is sent to chicago lock box (NBC?)

Or is the case then is transferred to individual DOs..Where you folks are getting NOAs..from respective DO or NBC in chicago?
thx all

My question is, is it advisable to mention about our engagement before I came to US on B1? Will it show intend to immigrate? OR it shouldn’t matter because we have been married for 3 years and we have all the proof related to marriage?

PLEASE ADVICE
Thank you in advance.

It probably won't matter. But a lawyer advised me never to volunteer information. Only mention it when it is asked.

Yes,
I think it's better to make an "INFOPASS" appointment soon since we have the same timeline and DO, and I already got my interview notice couple weeks ago. Good Luck!

Just got back from the Infopass and was told "patience is the key". She said she doesn't have any information available regarding to the interview letter. :eek:
I'll just take it as a good chance to learn to be patien then since it's the key. :cool: